• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Suggestions

Started by Ilmauriciano, March 02, 2014, 10:48:37 am

Guru

I never realized there was a new dante and had to google search it lol  :oops: I'm a lil out of touch when it comes to newer games.

You have some good ideas. I personally liked the contest to see who could kill more and the one with vergil the best BUT if it came down to a choice I would much rather see Vergil make an appearance than Dante 2.0

Xujints

Well, the reason I was talking about DmC Vergil is because of the fact that the Classic, could vary well be a chapter end boss... The biggest support to that idea is the fact that Ganon was one for Link. It'd stand to reason that Liquid Ocelot or some other crazy thing like that will also be one, and certainly Sephiroth, because... Sephiroth.

3lric

February 10, 2016, 08:17:51 pm #122 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:50:03 pm by Elric
While the idea is okay, there are some issues why this won't work.

First, as I mentioned, sprites. Sprites are very hard to come by lately, as is the space needed for them. And before I could ask any spriter to make something like that, I would need them to finish out what is left for the rest of the actual storyline first. Of which there is still a bit.

Another issue I see is the mention of the stones. Something like that would be out of the question for a mark, since, being this is a mod of FFT, we will likely use them as a story device at some point (be it big or small)

You mention Ganon being there as a boss for Link, and the fact that others may be as well, but this further pushes the idea away from being a mark, as marks are optional.

Again the idea isn't bad, but any ideas that actual require new sprites have a slim to none chance of being made. If i myself could sprite, it wouldn't be a problem, but I can't. So it would have to be someone else who can match Twinees quality (LOL) and even then, that doesn't solve the issue of needing more sprite space.

There are several other reasons why this won't work. However I cannot delve into that yet as Ch2 has not come out yet  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Guru on February 10, 2016, 07:22:18 pm
I would much rather see Vergil make an appearance than Dante 2.0
  • Modding version: PSX

Xujints

:D Tis the thing, even good, or great ideas have their flaws. It takes a good writer or artist or etc. to point out flaws in other ideas, but it takes a great something to admit it in regards to their own works or themselves. Considering JotF is a hack, you have to abide by the rules that it has on it.

Sure, it'd be possible to change them, but then it wouldn't be FFT anymore. It might as well be a straight up fangame.

Regardless the idea, it does have to go through you anyway, so what you say goes. I'm just glad I was able to put the idea forward as I don't usually do this sort of thing. It's really not often I can try and help contribute to something that I like, ya know?

3lric

Oh definately, and I thank you for the interest and this isn't to say you should stop. We actually have a mark ideas thread and will be using many of them in coming chapters, so I'd love to hear some more of your ideas!

DenisColli

What about a Dragoon class more FFTA/2, with fire breath and Anti-dragon powers?
That was, for me, one of the biggest add from this series... And Vieras too... Fran yumi yumi...

3lric

i very strongly dislike FFTA/2

Guru

Yeah, I couldn't stand 2, FFTA had a couple cool concepts, but that's about it for me. Another one of those games with serious potential gone wrong. Vieras were about the only good thing to come out of FFTA IMO. They had cool classes, cool skills, and they are kinda hot for bunny chicks  :oops: Definitely the OP class of the game. I thought Bangas were a disappointing race that could have been really cool. At least FFTA had a plot though I guess, compared to whatever the hell you want to call FFTA2.

Quote from: DenisColli on July 20, 2016, 08:23:41 pm
What about a Dragoon class more FFTA/2, with fire breath and Anti-dragon powers?
That was, for me, one of the biggest add from this series... And Vieras too... Fran yumi yumi...

Dragoons are getting an upgrade once the re-release comes out.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9930.msg215820#msg215820
Quote from: elricSpeaking of spears. Thanks to Xif's ARH2, Dragoon will have 3 new abilities you can learn in addition to just having Jump, which was also altered. Jump now has no vertical limit (because you fucking jump offscreen) and the existing jump skills add +1 to your jump range. Making every skill worth getting rather than just getting the highest rank right away. (I may have already mentioned this)

3 new skills that aren't jump  :mrgreen: I'm sure they'll be something cool, or at least useful. Gonna be nice since my Dante will most likely be a dragoon/tank/killing machine

Nyzer

Yeah, the FFTA series had a pile of wasted potential and awful ideas (the law system in general, as well as the lack of plot in FFTA2), but I don't outright hate it. The idea of using the FFTA/2 setup for Dragoons here was already something I brought up when I was going over the Jobs, don't worry :P

That said, I'm very much not a fan of the dragon-target-specific abilities in any of the FFT games. It's way too niche to serve any real use. How much use of Seal Evil did you ever get, for example? And there were way more targets for that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

KingUrameshi

The only time I was more disappointed then when Tactics Advanced came out was when Suikoden 3 came out and you had to play thru the same scenario 3 times before the plot would advance.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

ive beaten Suikoden 3 a handful of times and I don't remember that happening at all lol. The scenarios are very different

Hyraldelita

I can't say i dislike  FFTA/2 simply because just the idea of that game, made my completely uninterested.... I mean FFT is the game i love most because of how serious it is..
And i heard somethings about FFTA that weren't not even close to be serious like FFT was.. plus i saw the graphic and it seemed a  bit different from FFT , reason why i never even tried to play it.. and i think i will keep on like this xD

Nyzer

FFTA's plot is decent, but it doesn't have anywhere near the depth that FFT does. It's aimed at a much younger audience. That said, the story is surprisingly gray for such a game; for a fair portion of the game, the protagonist's main purpose is to completely and utterly destroy the ideal fantasy world all his friends and family are utterly in love with, forcing them all back to the real world where they have to deal with dead family members, depression, genetic conditions, and severe disabilities. Unsurprisingly, they actively fight the protagonist on this.

Sadly, FFTA2 fails there, instead being a game of "how many sidequests can we jam in before we remember we haven't written a main plot yet and we only have about ten event slots left". :/

DenisColli

Elric... I share the same  preference to FFT over FFTA than you...
But we have to admit that the dragoon class had a sensitive upgrade...
A class o proud warriors who tame and heir the power of the Dragons unless of a simply "Monkey Knight".

Nyzer

Hey, FFTA did have some good ideas, no one's denying that.

It's just that it suffered from the devs failing to use a far larger amount of good ideas from the previous game in the series, and FFTA2 did the same thing but made it even worse.

So to people like Elric, who started with FFT, bringing up anything FFTA/2 did isn't a good way of convincing him of anything. For all the things they did get right compared to FFT, there are just far too many that they failed at.

It'd be like trying to bring up anything from Warlords of Draenor to convince me of a superior change it brought to World of Warcraft. There's just too much it failed at that previous expansions were easily able to manage - I associate that expansion with a complete and utter failure of development, with broken hopes that no one even tried to fix. Not that it didn't introduce some good features. Just that the bad far outweighs the good.

Besides, as I said, I already made sure to address your idea when we were adding in the new Dragoon skills anyway ;)

somenoob

I strongly feels something when I played for the first time; The story of JOT5 is great, new range of tactics is also great, but difficulties spoils them. I suggest mods for creating easy mode for JOT5 and applying current difficulty on the second play-through after finishing the first play-through.

That'll make players focus on tasting new story lines first and then cultivate strategy for each mission you already scouted and knew on the first-playthrough.

Yeah, I know this project contains part of Chapters and players can't do the second-playthrough yet. The idea is insipred by the Vanilla system, well that's phone versions of THE WAR OF THE LIONS, that offers players on the second play-through to have almost all of the ultimate equipments at Poachers' Den for just $10 each. My suggestion for JOT5 is same but the opposite of that.

3lric

If you even took the time to read around here, you'd know that both Easy Type and New Game+ are planned for Jot5 after Ch2 comes out.

More people are fine with the difficulty than those who are not. But again, if you were reading, you'd know about all the changes to the re-release and why it will be less/more difficult in different ways.

Take an hour or so and read through some of the threads before making suggestions that were likely already addressed.

Thanks.

PS: Mentioning WotL will usually result in most people on the team rolling their eyes and walking away ;) just an FYI

Nyzer

September 03, 2016, 02:25:05 am #137 Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:31:59 am by nyzer
So an easy first playthrough with an automatically harder second one? I don't quite agree with that. That's more like artificially bloating the content of the game by making you do the same stuff twice over, just tuned higher.

If the difficulty is really giving you that much grief, I'd suggest using save state abuse as a crutch while you get used to the transition from the vanilla FFT playstyle, though it's not ideal... you're supposed to learn how to roll with the punches earlier on, and get used to the playstyle differences between vanilla FFT and Jot5. Jot5 puts a lot more emphasis on status effects and playing defensively than FFT "low level Archers and Knights in Ch. 4 storyline battles" ever did.

For example, Immobilize is ridiculously beneficial, especially given how many major Jot5 enemies are melee fighters. Focus Bangles block the Crystal status, meaning you don't have to rush to rez fallen units. Knights have easy access to Reraise. Regen is mad useful. These are all things you don't really see in vanilla FFT, because they aren't worth it there - but I promise you, they are here, and they're effects that can easily turn the tide of battle.

3lric

Quote from: nyzer on September 03, 2016, 02:25:05 am
So an easy first playthrough with an automatically harder second one? I don't quite agree with that. That's more like artificially bloating the content of the game by making you do the same stuff twice over, just tuned higher.

As it would negate a ton of what we've done, it won't happen anyway

Plus, you can already drastically drop the difficulty of the game just by using save states midbattle. You could turn Snake into a forced one-shotting machine that way with Assassinate, give Link a forced 100% Slow chance on his Ice Arrow, never fall victim to a misstep or a lucky enemy crit... etc.

Or get a monk, priest or wizard. (Or a wizard with Monk or Priest secondary for best results)

If the difficulty is really giving you grief, I'd suggest using save states as a crutch while you get used to the transition from the vanilla FFT playstyle. Jot5 puts a lot more emphasis on status effects and playing defensively than FFT "low level Archers and Knights in Ch. 4 storyline battles" ever did.

I'd never recommend savestate abuse, it breeds false hope instead of training you how to actually play

For example, Immobilize is ridiculously beneficial, especially given how many major Jot5 enemies are melee fighters. Focus Bangles block the Crystal status, meaning you don't have to rush to rez fallen units. Knights have easy access to Reraise. Regen is mad useful. These are all things you don't really see in vanilla FFT, because they aren't worth it there - but I promise you, they are here, and they're effects that can easily turn the tide of battle.

These things ^

somenoob

September 03, 2016, 03:05:14 am #139 Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:15:02 am by somenoob
Quote from: nyzer on September 03, 2016, 02:25:05 am

I already understand the usefulness of 100% chance of krouds' immobilize ability and 100% chance of regen of some item. Tactical part of this mod is perfect. What I made suggestion is not about tactical issue, you may already know that.

Well, I notice that modding is generally for the purpose of make Vanilla more balanced and more challenging.
Challenging means need more retries for same stages. That is truth. It is contradictory that you can finish game for the first trial on more difficult mode.
So most players would be lost for their first trial and replay it.
Storywise, retrying, or scouting without scouting plot, is not smart, for instance, on Mandalia Plains, story says "they know we are here. they are going to try and ambush us." but for your second trial, you already know what enemies were, so you are taking counter ambushing, not like story says. :mrgreen:

To avoid the contradiction, avoiding struggling to find solutions by retring for same stages for the first play-through and offering chance of advanced tactical play for additional play-through is just suggested.

Anyway, I don't persist this suggestion, it is just my taste and play-style, so if creators don't think it is valuable to accept that, I don't disagree that.