• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:37:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re-Release Info and Changes

Started by 3lric, July 03, 2015, 08:16:32 pm

3lric

Those enemies are placeholders lol, there won't be that many lol

Here, because you asked so nicely, I grabbed a couple screencaps from my current savestates, though some of these are pre-format and fixes...

• Modding version: PSX

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on September 30, 2015, 09:18:11 pm
Those enemies are placeholders lol, there won't be that many lol

Here, because you asked so nicely, I grabbed a couple screencaps from my current savestates, though some of these are pre-format and fixes...

Thanks for these, Elric! I really appreciate it! :D

It's amazing how much fun you can have just looking at pictures. <3

3lric

alkarl

If I didn't know any better...that is FFT's very own Golden Saucer.

CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!(?)

Angel

I think this proves my point correct that nobody really knew about the sound novels outside of Japan.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Nyzer

It's still part of the same Sound Novel, Pande. The "Golden Palace" is the name of the location most of the Diary of Nanai's adventure takes place in.

Originally, FFT had four Sound Novels in it that players could check out, but these Sound Novels were never translated outside of Japan. And they were just disabled outright for release in English :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Correct, this image is what you get after you've beaten the Diary of Nanai and choose to play it again.

Pandemoniu

Woah. Did not know that.

That outta be real nice. :)

3lric

3lric

3lric

RayKamiya

Jumza

The books are actually a lot of fun, I've only tested the Diary of Nanai, but I had a blast doing so. If it was in game ( which it will be now ) I'd definitely play it a few times through.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Pandemoniu

You know, this kinda reminds of the Gerimonique Scriptures.

I had always wondered why they were so unique an item with such an unique mechanic in the game.

KingUrameshi

All of the treasure items you would get from propositions were originally supposed to do something I think. Like the materia you get was supposed to strengthen magic so on and so forth. Its great that this team is very knowledgeable about the game and take the time to put in the extras that the original developers left out.

This is hardly a mod and more of an original work that vastly surpasses the original in terms of gameplay.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

October 08, 2015, 09:21:30 pm #136 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:44:53 pm by Elric
Quote from: Pandemoniu on October 08, 2015, 06:39:29 pm
You know, this kinda reminds of the Gerimonique Scriptures.

I had always wondered why they were so unique an item with such an unique mechanic in the game.

Actually, there was 5 Novels in game, one of which was the scriptures, which was the only one we got, as it actually has to do with the story of FFT unlike the others. However, these work on much much more of a choose your own adventure style, whereas the scriptures were linear.

Quote from: KingUrameshi on October 08, 2015, 07:25:25 pm
All of the treasure items you would get from propositions were originally supposed to do something I think. Like the materia you get was supposed to strengthen magic so on and so forth. Its great that this team is very knowledgeable about the game and take the time to put in the extras that the original developers left out.

This is hardly a mod and more of an original work that vastly surpasses the original in terms of gameplay.

I've never heard anything to confirm that, however it doesn't seem to unlikely that this may have originally been the intention before deadlines hit for square. It seems like a real cool idea. Though I cannot say currently how many treasures we will use in Jot5 aside from the books.

Thank you for all the kind words everyone, I'm currently working on the 3rd of 4 Sound Novels, however this one will take a bit longer (though the last 2 only took me 2-3 days each, so longer is like, an extra day) since it was never made avaliable in tactext format, so I'm working off the very old HTML that Heian (DuranBubba) did many years ago. This makes it a much more difficult task than the last 2, however, it will be done non the less :D

We intend to allow unlocking 1 per chapter, assuming the 4th one is translated by the time we work on Chapter 4 :P

For those wondering on progress.

You must understand that the way we are doing things now is different from before. Our goal is to have nearly EVERYTHING done for the entire game by the time the re-release comes out, asside from events. This makes it easier to make future releases as all that will remain for future chapters is the making of the events. (asside from whatever small things need adjusting and such).

Our -goal- is to have the re-release out near the end of this year, no promises, but it is looking in our favor.

Pandemoniu

Quote from: KingUrameshi on October 08, 2015, 07:25:25 pm

Quote from: Elric on October 08, 2015, 09:21:30 pm
Actually, there was 5 Novels in game, one of which was the scriptures, which was the only one we got, as it actually has to do with the story of FFT unlike the others. However, these work on much much more of a choose your own adventure style, whereas the scriptures were linear.

I've never heard anything to confirm that, however it doesn't seem to unlikely that this may have originally been the intention before deadlines hit for square. It seems like a real cool idea. Though I cannot say currently how many treasures we will use in Jot5 aside from the books.

Thank you for all the kind words everyone, I'm currently working on the 3rd of 4 Sound Novels, however this one will take a bit longer since it was never make avaliable in tactext format, so I'm working off the very old HTML that Heian (DuranBubba) did many years ago. This makes it a much more difficult task than the last 2, however, it will be done non the less :D

We intend to allow unlocking 1 per chapter, assuming the 4th one is translated by the time we work on Chapter 4 :P

Woah! I did not know these things. Thanks guys! :D

For those wondering on progress.

You must understand that the way we are doing things now is different from before. Our goal is to have nearly EVERYTHING done for the entire game by the time the re-release comes out, asside from events. This makes it easier to make future releases as all that will remain for future chapters is the making of the events. (asside from whatever small things need adjusting and such).

Our -goal- is to have the re-release out near the end of this year, no promises, but it is looking in our favor.

Well then, keep up the wonderful work, all of you! :)

Jumza

You must understand that the way we are doing things now is different from before.

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Jumza, idgi, I have a WiiU and it's fuckawesome O_o

Also,