• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:58:10 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

MountainDew~

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Dome

Quote from: MountainDew~ on December 13, 2011, 12:44:13 pm
That's what I thought it was :)

That would be awesome
A rebalancing patch that gives the player an instant "LOLOLOL 999" skill xd

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MountainDew~

shoruke

For when mimes and ninjas and such don't say "Screw you, Wiegraf/Velius!" loud enough.

Dome

shoruke

I found a game-crasher!

If you try to press square when scrolling through your list of units when applying for a proposition in a pub, the game crashes.
...I'm actually not sure if this is because of the patch or my emulator or what, but here's a screenshot anyway.

Notice that it closed off all of the dialogue boxes before crashing...

If I were to guess, I would guess that it's trying to load the unit's status page when you hit square... and then, due to the change in the bar's unit list, it's screwing up somehow.
Just a guess.

Dome

Eternal

Dome, did you use the ASM where special units could go on Props?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

shoruke

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 14, 2011, 02:13:10 am
Dome, did you use the ASM where special units could go on Props?

Hence my guess.
I don't think I have the debugging tools to really delve into this one myself... and even if I did, I really dislike reading MIPS.

MountainDew~

Same thing happens to me in Parted Ways. I thought this was just some known issue lol

RolandSDMF

December 24, 2011, 11:40:08 pm #151 Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 12:18:55 am by RolandSDMF
The Dragon skill "Blood Lust" is currently broken, at least for me. When you use it, the Dragon makes a casting animation but nothing happens. =(

EDIT: Also, Holy Breath description needs to be updated; it's currently incorrect.

Dome

shoruke

December 30, 2011, 08:22:58 pm #153 Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:12:07 pm by shoruke
When they use their Damage Split reaction, the tree-monsters' top half disappears. I think part of the sprite is missing, or pointing to the wrong place on the spritesheet, or something.

They also REALLY don't like attacking when frog'd. I pinned one in the corner, and it just would not attack my mime. It was stuck in that corner for about five turns. Note that mimes can't counterattack...

The other frog'd one did use tentacle a couple times, though. That was somewhat humourous.
TENTACLE ATTACK!!!
*slurp*
9 damage

Dome

Sadly, I don't know how to fix the tree bug
Frogged units almost never attack :-)

shoruke

I had frog'd one of those wildebeast thingers and trapped him between three guys (it was the level +20 guy in Zeklaus Desert, so I used him for level grinding), and he had no compunctions against tentacle-licking my priest.
The one who kept hitting him with a stick, and THE ONLY ONE HEALING HIM.
*sigh*
AI does weird things sometimes.

shoruke

Balmafula's sprite is messed up. Half the time she uses the Onion Knight sprite, but when she does any nonstandard animations during the cutscenes she looks like the original Balmafula... except that she seems to be wearing clothes made of runny paint and physics-be-gone.

Dynablade

Quote from: shoruke on January 01, 2012, 12:43:34 am
Balmafula's sprite is messed up. Half the time she uses the Onion Knight sprite, but when she does any nonstandard animations during the cutscenes she looks like the original Balmafula... except that she seems to be wearing clothes made of runny paint and physics-be-gone.

same here, i get just before the 'save orlandu' set of fights and her sprite does the same thing. doesn't ruin the game, just looks weird.

shoruke

January 01, 2012, 08:00:47 pm #158 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:32:07 am by shoruke
Oddly, Balmafula's sprite is fine when she and Delita is chatting with Goltana. It was only after the fight at Zeltennia where her sprite was glitched.
I don't know about subsequent appearances yet...

EDIT:
She was fine during the scene where Ramza frees Orlandu from the prison, but when she meets back up with Delita to kill Goltana and "Cid" (spoilers btw), she has the Onion Knight/Runny Paint thing going on again.

Even SHE looks surprised!

EDIT2: Her sprites were fine in the scene where she died. There goes my theory that it's Delita's presence that was messing her up...

Dome

That bug has already been spotted (And added to the list) but I don't know how to fix it
I triple-checked everything in the FFPatcher, and everything is how it should
The (Probably) only way to fix it is event-editing
Now, I don't know how to event edit, looks that no one is willing to help me, and on top of this, it isn't a huge gameplay bug...so it stays, for the moment