• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:39 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Another BETA TOURNAMENT! - Last day to submit!

Started by FFMaster, December 30, 2010, 08:55:07 pm

FFMaster

December 30, 2010, 08:55:07 pm Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:32:09 pm by FFMaster
Here we go again. This is a registration thread for people willing to enter another Arena tournament. It has been a while since we had one, and I think it will be a good idea to see what is broken.

There WILL be a limit of 16 teams and will be double elimination. And I expect that all teams play to win. There is no way to enforce that rule though, so all I can do is ask not to submit any joke teams.

After that, PM me with a team before the 14/01/11. EDIT:14th of January for you Americans.

Extra Note: There is still a limit of 2 for each item/ability

Rules and format is here
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6483.msg135027#msg135027

Registered competitors
CT5Holy
The Damned
Otabo
Pride
LightningHax
Eternal248
philsov
GeneralStrife
Celdia
Skip Sandwich(given by pokeytax)
dinosaur
Barren
DomieV
Zaen
Gotwald
Melancthon
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

The Damned

In, especially since I apparently missed that on-going S4 1.3 tournament (that this will I hope be much more balanced then).

I'm not sure that I like opening this right after Quickening gets introduced, but, eh, we'll see how that goes. If it's broken, then this would be the best place to see that it's broken (though even then it would probably need testing after that). However, I'll shut up since this is becoming unnecessarily long.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Otabo

Pride

• Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

LightningHax

Definitely in. Can't wait to play with the new toys that came with 129.

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

GeneralStrife

I'll join. I've never done any tournaments, So I'd appreciate a guideline for my team and whatever else I need to know.

Celdia

I'm in. Now to just learn something about Arena....
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

pokeytax

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

DomieV

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Gotwald

-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Melancthon

January 01, 2011, 03:10:03 am #16 Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:12:31 am by Melancthon
POST!

Phew, I think I got the last spot.  Should have a team Sunday night.s
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

FFMaster

Just reminding people that they have about a week left. I have 8 teams, waiting on the other 8.

FFMaster

Small update to those entering. I have adjusted my ISO slightly. Ninja PA*Y skills will be using Attack UP, affected by Protect, etc.

FFMaster

January 13, 2011, 04:31:44 pm #19 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:27:01 pm by FFMaster
Last day to send teams. I still haven't received about 5 teams. If you don't submit, after the deadline, first 5 people to submit will take your place. You have about 24 hours(time I will likely wake up tomorrow).

EDIT: All teams are checked out except for The Damned and GeneralStrife. If you don't submit, BlameGod and the next person to submit will take your place.