• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

MiKeMiTchi

September 11, 2009, 02:01:58 am #520 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quotewe want to make sure to get it all in there correctly for the beta

Yeah.. don't rush this amazing patch.

QuoteCan you spot why?

I don't really know myself. What I have noticed is that 'Brave' had been changed,
and I think the text on the second screen was also changed?? btw, what is
"hithertofore"?
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Archael

September 11, 2009, 02:02:09 am #521 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
add all of the psp elements and I'll merge

Eternal

September 11, 2009, 02:08:39 am #522 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
"Hithertofore" means 'before'. =D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MiKeMiTchi

September 11, 2009, 02:16:29 am #523 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quote"Hithertofore" means 'before'. =D

wow. really? haha..

Quoteadd all of the psp elements and I'll merge

Can't wait for that to happen.

Cheetah

September 11, 2009, 02:45:46 am #524 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
You got it MikeMitchi.

Though not only was "Brave" changed to "Bravery" but the text and #'s for Brave and Faith had to be moved around to make everything fit right.

Yep that is the text from the PSP version, though it wasn't a simple matter of just inserting a new image. Some hacking, font finding, image editing, and schmoozing was required to get this working perfectly.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

September 11, 2009, 02:52:14 am #525 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Wow. This is looking cool.
Can't wait for this ^^
But don't rush, of course. Hehe.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

September 11, 2009, 02:53:53 am #526 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteThough not only was "Brave" changed to "Bravery" but the text and #'s for Brave and Faith had to be moved around to make everything fit right.

I see.. nice..

QuoteYep that is the text from the PSP version, though it wasn't a simple matter of just inserting a new image. Some hacking, font finding, image editing, and schmoozing was required to get this working perfectly.

Well... job well done!

mav

September 11, 2009, 07:56:13 am #527 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Great job guys. You're working so fast, and it's really paying off.

TRC

September 11, 2009, 08:13:31 am #528 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TRC
as I was saying... simple amazing. >_>

VincentCraven

September 11, 2009, 08:27:04 am #529 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "Cheetah"Ummm...isn't it just "Final Fantasy Tactics: Complete 1.3"? Personally I keep wondering what it is going to take for Voldemort to start calling the next version 1.4.

I'm really tempted to do another video preview because Melonhead and I had a major pow wow and pumped out a lot of cool work, but I'm going to resist. Because we ended up finishing content that we thought we were stuck on instead of combining it into the next beta the release is likely going to be in the next couple days instead of tomorrow. Sorry, it is just a lot of content coming from all different directions and we want to make sure to get it all in there correctly for the beta. Here are a couple screens of stuff that took a lot of work to get working. Can you spot why?

I'd just call the mix between v1.3 and this v1.4, but we seem to have gotten stuck on v1.3 ever since Voldemort took over philsov's work.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

DarthPaul

September 11, 2009, 09:38:07 am #530 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Cheetah"Yep that is the text from the PSP version, though it wasn't a simple matter of just inserting a new image. Some hacking, font finding, image editing, and schmoozing was required to get this working perfectly.

Simply brilliant, what you have right now.

Also don't schmooze too much or your cover might be blown.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Vanya

September 11, 2009, 01:12:34 pm #531 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"

wow. really? haha..

Actually it's closer to saying "up until now".
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

vivify93

September 12, 2009, 04:16:29 am #532 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by vivify93
Um, I've been lurking in this topic for a while now and I just wanted to say good luck to everyone involved. I'm helping a little in my own way, though it's not much. Well, anyway, good fortune to you all!

jimmyjw88

September 12, 2009, 05:23:00 am #533 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Quote from: "Vanya"
Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"

wow. really? haha..

Actually it's closer to saying "up until now".
Wow...That's a nice word. Hithertofore...up until now....nice.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

September 13, 2009, 03:09:16 am #534 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Big Announcement: Beta v.50 Released and new Forum Section

Well it is a big day with a milestone beta and a whole new forum section for FFTC. In the beginning I thought this project would be "easy" and "simple" enough to not ever require it's own section, but that has proven to be incorrect. Instead of finding things we couldn't do we have found more things we could do, so the project has really expanded. The new section is mostly to assist in reporting and organizing everyone's efforts in testing this beta to work towards a final release.

A few notes on Beta version .50. This is hopefully the final beta for the script and text. Both are fully inserted and simply need lots of testing to be called complete. There are still things that will go into the final release of FFTC, but this is a great release for appreciating the new translation.

I want to give my thanks to all the staff members who have gotten us to this point. Melonhead as we all know is a genius and he has contributed more than then you can imagine to this project, not to mention the community as a whole. Dominic is a brave soul who wanted this project to happen probably even more than me and has absolutely slaved over all the tedium which is the text of this game. Heian for making the inclusion of the sound novels a reality, which happen to be the only reason I ever wanted to do this project. Sadnescity.it, the Italian translation group who have been great about sharing information and saved Melonhead and I months of work. Eternal for making the decision to do original Spell Quotes very easy. Vanya for coming through with some great graphic fixes. Everyone who has played and reported errors and the previous betas, but especially PX and FFMaster for their enthusiasm and constant support. But these are just the main thanks so far and we have a long ways to go yet so I hope to get more support from everyone to make this truly a group project.

This marks the end of this project thread and it is now just the main info thread for Final Fantasy Tactics: Complete.
Current Projects:

Sen

September 18, 2009, 08:39:08 am #535 Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:32:51 am by Sen
Can I have a suggestion about Fur shops?
I was viewing shishi till I saw this picture
I didn't know there exist a chapter 1 version of the Fur Shop

so my suggestion is enabling Fur Shop for Chapter 1(there is Dorter for it) and 2 it may only affect the gameplay a "little" I think
and also there are only a few kind of monster with their first types(i.e. bomb,yellow chocobo etc.)

Vanya

September 18, 2009, 08:57:55 am #536 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
There is an ASM hack that removes the check for one of your units having the Poach ability. I've never tried it, but that *should* enable the fur shops from the get go. I don't think it would be too much of a change in game play to have them available from the beginning. You can't do anything with them until you learn Poach anyway.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Heian

September 21, 2009, 06:48:24 pm #537 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Heian
Long time no talk!

I just got back from the fantastic Yaeyama islands in Okinawa (last ports of call before Taiwan; if you have a chance to come to Japan, definitely go there).

I didn't have as much time to work on the sound novels as I thought, as my main purpose was to do research on the endangered languages there and I met more elderly folks wanting to share their language with me than I expected, but I did managed to paste my own text in, with some of the {Delay} stuff added, into the text document that Cheetah sent me a while back.  It should now be possible to play through parts of the Oeilvert story up to one of the less-than-perfect ending, and it could probably fit into a 5-minute Youtube video.

Cheetah, I'm going to send it to you this weekend.  I left all the Japanese that I haven't yet gotten to intact.  If you need me to, I can post here about what decisions you should make so as to prevent the story from veering off into the not-yet-done regions.

Or should I attempt to finish inserting the translation of Oeilvert entirely?

Cheetah

September 21, 2009, 07:35:09 pm #538 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Go ahead and email me the preview Heian so that I can do a preview video. I think we will wait till we have to whole thing done to include it in a patch, but I think that will be a good marker for when the next release should be. I look forward to inserting and testing it out. Thanks for the update!
Current Projects:

Asmo X

September 22, 2009, 12:52:18 am #539 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
did you guys manage to increase the amount of people you can have in your party?