• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:07:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Rfh Sprites

Started by Rfh, December 28, 2011, 03:32:56 pm

Rfh

February 24, 2012, 01:12:49 pm #20 Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:19:43 pm by Rfh
I like much more the previous hair.

Mmm, the sprtite, maybe...
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Kagebunji

Ah, where to start. Obvious thing is the overal flatness of basiclly everything, hair, skin, wings. Since her face should be humanoid from what it seems, her mouth needs to loose that lower line of pixel, cause it makes it look out of place and not FFT. While we are on the head subject, the shading on it is completely different than any FFT port has, where is the shade coming from chin to the very ear?(it is there I guess, but not fully). Another thing about head itself is that it should be moved to our right at least five pixels since the head looks damn stretched atm. Ears are also waaaay too gigh, not to mention I don't even know if it IS an ear, since it doesn't look like one. Look at Zelda port for a pointy ear design, or at Link. Last thing would be the wings, they look totally pixelated and flat, outcome of this in FFT will be bad, I suggest just using Llyud as reference.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Fine, I will leave the hair texture be for now, but it still has every other issue I mentioned. In the end I will probably end fixing it up myself.

GeneralStrife

I like how its custom mando, but its gonna be tricky trying to get the wings too look...well..like wings. they look creepy right now. Might be too hard. and hair you already know

Jon

Something about those portraits doesn't look FFT style, not that I can really judge, I suck so bad at portraiting...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Mobius

But before you do, pick a good existing portrait of a FFT character with the colors you want on the fairy. Use only those 16 colors and post the results. This is because the default palletes already got their values straight, and once you do you can tweak them safely in the end.

Then we can nitpick until it looks decent enough.

Optionally, you could make two or three versions also, it's good practice.

Let's not forget the sprite saturation..
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Jon

February 25, 2012, 06:56:20 am #27 Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:04:04 am by Jon
That's what I said, the sprite is way too saturated. Simple solution is to just turn them down (make the sprite darker) in Photoshop or whatever you use. Welcome back Smash!

Edit: I desaturated the sprite for you. I think it might be too dark, but in game thats about the level of their colors. Everything is so moody in FFT (color wise).
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

I will work on this in my free time. No doubt I will change the hair though, since it is far too short now. Will post some progress once I get to it.

Vanya

Not for nothin' but none of these designs match the sprite very well.

¯\(°_0)/¯

GeneralStrife

wings look badass now tbh...man dont sweat it. I dont let people get me down when i make crap...and yours dont look that bad. Its custom...that sheet is hard to make. Did a great job on the wings all things considerin'....making the clothes and the wings the same color seemed to help alot.

Celdia

What I couldn't understand was what you were trying to do with that hair compared to the original. Gods know I'm no spriter and hair is probably the last thing I should be doing but I grabbed a few examples elsewhere and tried a different take on this one. I really liked your latest presentation of her wings in the port Mando, so I kept those and your palettes.

You're all welcome to take this one and run with it as you see fit. Just thought I'd give it a shot.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Taichii

woah.. boss celdia.. nice XD
that's great XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Kagebunji

Ok, gues, I mihht have troubles writing properlu now, but I still know what needst  to be fiixd. Shape of hair an shading of it itself. It is way too short, makes the head seem short by way too much, I will get to this shit once I...yeah, Shadinfig is ok currently, but it needs t be bigger, gimme some time and I will get to this eh. Stay put firends, fix is on its way, uyo.

Celdia

I think the shortness of it was on purpose because she's such a tiny thing but I suppose you could shift her up and show off more of her body to fill the portrait space.

Kokojo

I think it needs bigger eyes and a less round face. Hair looks good now :-)
Because she looks too human right now...
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

GeneralStrife

February 29, 2012, 07:34:24 pm #36 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:44:40 pm by GeneralStrife
Here
Copied lijj's mentalist closed eyes that he did a great job on
Think it looks better mando?

Lijj

This sprite looks a lot like someone I know more and more as it develops lately; it's spooking me out (see below).
I like the closed eye version; the line under the eyes was really bothersome before.

3lric

poor Rfh got thread hijacked XD

Celdia

Quote from: Elric42 on February 29, 2012, 09:57:22 pm
poor Rfh got thread hijacked XD

Could be worse. Could have been ignored. :P