• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Barren

well that was to be expected considering just the maps alone. Some double turning helped me so far. Hopefully I can keep it up. GG white knight wiegraf
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Kurosabes

R1
Barren cast a Tornado on his second turn before my first turn's Odin could resolve. Makes me realize how sluggish this summon is and just relies on Dead procs. But Tornado is also really fast.

R2
I was keeping up despite the large speed difference, but partly due to luck. Once the Mime got put to sleep this ended abruptly. GG Barren

I was expecting my team to do at least a little better compared to last year.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

VireBlaze

Not gonna lie, my heart was pounding the entire time, and when I saw all those procs in the first round, I got worried - stalling with really good damage and a high evasion, stubborn Chemist is an incredibly well-built team, so I didn't figure I'd even win the second round.  Grand Cross Squire managed to do what he was supposed to, though, and my team did a good job of supporting each other with Maelstrom, Earth Slash, and items.  And once that Chemist was cut off from the rest of her team, all she could do was stall for time.  (Cue her stopping my Ninja and putting my Squire to sleep while being stuck right in the corner.)  But again, those procs were honestly pretty scary to me, especially since Don't Act and weapons being broken is what ruined me in my first match of the tournament.  You were an incredibly good match, Anima, and it was really fun to watch.  GG.

Shintroy

Epic's team kept getting put into sandbag mode. It's already known his team's great at tanking, but doesn't have the power to get it out of sandbag power. GG

R1 - Armor/Head Break, Berserked Crossbow Dancer vs Rock, and AoE

R2 - This map is a huge problem for ranged units. I recommended it being banned due to ranged weapon AI not recognizing it as an obstacle. There was no winning for WKW here.

Balanced Team vs Water Absorb
Vireblaze did really well vs Mudvayne, and absorb teams tend to do well against balanced teams with low status so I'm betting on Vireblaze to take this.

R1 - Anima Zero's team hits a bit harder without AoE, but Vireblaze has better AoE. Vireblaze takes the lead at first, but loses it due to Anima's evasion and status. Good match up for a R1 losers bracket match.

R2 - Smaller map so the Wizard and Grand Cross  damage pile on quick. Is Anima's monk supposed to be an Asura monk? No idea, but it would've helped him in this round.

R3 - AoE gave Vireblaze a good lead at the start of the start. Not possible to come back against AoE with phoenix down and wish  on slow units. It was only amatter of time once the time mage and monk went down.

GG. Great match. Looking forward to R2 of losers because of this one.

Good Stuff Mudvayne

---
Fixed Barren vs WKW
Some day my people will be free.

Anima Zero

Definitely an exciting first round there.  I just got overwhelmed more or less in the next two rounds though.  Perhaps I'll look into reworking this team a bit and submit it as another regular 'ol Arena team when I have a bit of time.  GG VireBlaze!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Vigilanti

double the holy cast means double the pain. At least my team functioned better than any of my previous ones so far. GG Corosar. Good luck in the loser's bracket buddy

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on June 20, 2015, 06:45:08 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 19 - Vigilanti vs Corosar

god damn mother.... something tells me i am gonna have holy nightmares whenever i make a team from now on.... GG Vigilanti... you earned the win judging by just how much my team was making it hard to win again.

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Shintroy

R1 - Double Holy and Jump and the map made this a good match up for Vigilanti. There's no coming back with phoenix down against all of that and the Darkness map aoe spell. This took a lot longer than it should've.

R2 - Great start for Corosar. Vigilanti slowly but surely turns it around when Corosar's priest and oracle goes down.

GG. The Whm/Blm gives me an idea for absorb teams. You could give her cure and an absorb spell so that she's not prone to poison loop. The AI is likely to use the elemental spell over cure since it would heal for more too.

Reks

Quote from: Shintroy on June 20, 2015, 07:52:58 pm

R1 - Double Holy and Jump and the map made this a good match up for Vigilanti. There's no coming back with phoenix down against all of that and the Darkness map aoe spell. This took a lot longer than it should've.

R2 - Great start for Corosar. Vigilanti slowly but surely turns it around when Corosar's priest and oracle goes down.

GG. The Whm/Blm gives me an idea for absorb teams. You could give her cure and an absorb spell so that she's not prone to poison loop. The AI is likely to use the elemental spell over cure since it would heal for more too.

I attempted something similar with an old team of Black Magic Priests.

I didn't balance them well, but the concept was similar and I want to do something like that again.

Actually, I'm going to.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

Quote from: Malroth on June 18, 2015, 01:55:10 pm
((145-MyFaith)*(145-TheirFaith)/10000) *PA*9

Best Reliable Case Scenario. 40 faith  18PA Attack Up Dancer with 108 Gems vs 40 Faith Target Neutral Compat.

145-40=105
105*105 =11025
11025/10000= 1.1025
1.1025(Faith Modifier)*18(pa)*9(attack stregnth)*1.3(Attack UP)*1.2(Elemental Strenghen)=278.63 which is rounded down to 278 damage

Mostly correct! I believe that FFT truncates / floor function / rounds down after each calculation, so the order in which you multiply actually kinda matters. Also your number for AUP and Strengthen: Ele are off.

So, using the numbers in Malroth's example, it should be something like:
18 * (5/4) = 22.5 -> 22     * 5/4 is the Strengthen: Ele boost (1.25x)   (also note that you apply these multipliers to PA (or MA, for MAUP, etc)
22 * (4/3) = 29.33 -> 29   * 4/3 is the AUP boost (1.33x)
29*9*1.1025 = 287.75 -> 287
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Mudvayne

GG Zotis. I got fucked by the RNG in round 2 quite a few times and was actually pretty worried there going into the 3rdround... Good luck in the losers bracket, 4 casters? That can be pretty damn scary. Speed is my biggest advantage and relying on those lucky stop procs or dont acts from the archer and ninja right off the bat. If those don't happen I'm screwed.

Shintroy

Quote from: TrueLight on June 21, 2015, 05:48:39 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 4 Match # 20 - Zotis vs Mudvayne

Casters vs Ice Absorb
Both teams are heavy hitters with range and status. Zotis has More OHKO potential, while Mudvayne has the speed advantage. Betting on Mudvayne because I don't think Zotis has an answer for that archer.

R1 - Mudvayne probably got the best opener possible for his team. 2 don't acts and a stop proc? The turns just kept piling on from the Ninja and Archer. Hard to come back from that on a slower caster team. Would've been interesting if There had been a Slow 2 from the summoner.

R2 - Great opener for Zotis this time. Two Don't Acts followed by two OHKO Flares?  It's a good thing Mudvayne has Raise 2 and turn advantage to compete with this damage output. It was over once Mudvayne's Oracle missed the Raise 2 . That Ninja could've probably served better as a female.

R3 - Similar to Round 1 for Mudvayne. Disabled Zotis's entire team and even managed to take one out without the Archer. Zotis really didn't get to do anything in this round aside from petrify the archer and redirect that Fire spell.

GG. I didn't think that archer and ninja was be such a threat to Zotis. Definitely interested in seeing Zotis vs silentkaster soon.

Good stuff Barren and Truelight and good luck to everyone in Winner's R3 and Loser's R2. Is it just me or is the losers side looking more exciting than the winners side?

Mudvayne

The losers bracket is stacked with all the top dogs. This will be an interesting tourney for sure.

Reks

Quote from: Mudvayne on June 21, 2015, 09:15:33 pm
The losers bracket is stacked with all the top dogs. This will be an interesting tourney for sure.

Are they 'top' if they got knocked down? :P

Thoughts on the next four regular bracket matches?
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Shintroy

Air Absorb vs Balanced Team

Andante has a Defense Ring and Windslash Bow user. DW has the range and AOE aadvantage. I want Andante to win just because I'd rather not fight an air absorb team ever. Definitely is looking in DW's favor though. The lancer will make this interesting imo.

Melee/Status vs Biased

Want Reks to win. Geo/Whm? Sqr/Nin? Definitely want Reks to take this side of winners.

Redworld can take it if her team gets off enough status. Looks like an even match up due to status.

Chokepoint map in R1? I'm screwed unless I get slow 2 off. Doubt it since everyone on my team can probably be OHKO'd by that holy scholar.

I want to take out that samurai and scholar ASAP for sure.

Ice Absorb vs Earth/Dark absorb

Probably the best match on winners side. No idea who's going to take it. Won't even look into it that much. I'm more interested in fighting Vigilante due to never seeing a team like it before.

Mime is going to take this whole tournament... As long as I don't fight an air absorb team. GL to reinoe and rouroni on the losers side.

Elmdork

Quote from: Shintroy on June 21, 2015, 10:27:17 pm

Air Absorb vs Balanced Team

Andante has a Defense Ring and Windslash Bow user. DW has the range and AOE aadvantage. I want Andante to win just because I'd rather not fight an air absorb team ever. Definitely is looking in DW's favor though. The lancer will make this interesting imo.

Melee/Status vs Biased

Want Reks to win. Geo/Whm? Sqr/Nin? Definitely want Reks to take this side of winners.

Redworld can take it if her team gets off enough status. Looks like an even match up due to status.

Chokepoint map in R1? I'm screwed unless I get slow 2 off. Doubt it since everyone on my team can probably be OHKO'd by that holy scholar.

I want to take out that samurai and scholar ASAP for sure.

Ice Absorb vs Earth/Dark absorb

Probably the best match on winners side. No idea who's going to take it. Won't even look into it that much. I'm more interested in fighting Vigilante due to never seeing a team like it before.

Mime is going to take this whole tournament... As long as I don't fight an air absorb team. GL to reinoe and rouroni on the losers side.

Dude, you have no idea how bad I wanted anima zero to take that. Nothing personal, vireblaze but I just want one game without counter magic, which means I got no choice but to kill you or eat 6 of my own bahamuts.

It's actually pretty cool every team thus far has had my hard counter on their team, makes for good videos. If you're not prepared, they'll kill you in 9 ticks. Or you can arm aim a samurai. That works too.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Zotis

Quote from: Mudvayne on June 21, 2015, 06:51:41 pm
GG Zotis. I got fucked by the RNG in round 2 quite a few times and was actually pretty worried there going into the 3rdround... Good luck in the losers bracket, 4 casters? That can be pretty damn scary. Speed is my biggest advantage and relying on those lucky stop procs or dont acts from the archer and ninja right off the bat. If those don't happen I'm screwed.

that was pretty intense.  I was not expecting to get shut down so hard by all that don't act, and that random early stop was brutal.  Speed is something I decided to cut back on a bit relying instead on slow 2, short charge, and masamune.  Your combination of status and speed worked very well.