• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:13:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Dart, again

Started by gojoe, May 16, 2008, 04:58:42 pm

Cheetah

June 30, 2009, 07:55:15 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
This isn't bad for a first try Mav. The head band should probably go all the way around his head, and his face is so disgruntled looking that he looks like an goblin.
Current Projects:

mav

June 30, 2009, 08:51:42 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I agree, I think I should probably wrap the headband around his head so he'll look more like he did in LoD. I was about to delete the portrait, since it looked a little weird, but posted it anyway. The things I plan to change are his eyes and brow, his ear, and possibly his armor. And things I'll definitely change are his mouth and the headband. I'll repost as necessary.

Oh, and before I forget I should acknowledge that this started out as a modification on the portrait that McCracker posted earlier, but kinda got mucked up in the process.

EDIT: Made a couple changes, critiques welcome.

Cheetah

June 30, 2009, 10:09:30 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That one bang should be on top of the headband, the one you stopped the headband at before. He just looks so sad, change out his eyes.
Current Projects:

mav

June 30, 2009, 10:27:56 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I was gonna remove that bang all together, but I took your suggestion anyway. I swapped out the eyes with another character's and changed his expression. Let's see how this one turned out...

Cheetah

June 30, 2009, 10:33:08 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Definitely much much better. You could continue to touch up the hair and armor and maybe find different tones of red (those are just too bright I think). The headband needs some work plus shading from the hair the is laying over it. But you are moving in the correct direction.
Current Projects:

mav

July 02, 2009, 01:37:02 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Some changes to the headband, color change, armor change.

Vanya

July 02, 2009, 02:27:38 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Very nice.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

July 02, 2009, 04:03:01 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh yeah that is such an improvement. Great work with that armor, the head band, and those colors are great. The hair still looks a little odd, mostly because the front bangs are so much lighter then everything in the back. But it is fine. Nice work.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

July 03, 2009, 03:06:13 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
This is looking good ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

July 06, 2009, 04:20:34 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I'm at a standstill: I have no idea what to do to this portrait. I mean, I tried using a different shade to partially darken his hair but none looked right, I tried reshaping the back of his hair but I wasn't satisfied, and I think that's it. I'm happy with the current eyes, mouth, and armor, but I guess I'm stuck.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

EDIT: I've attached the latest version, with slight modifications to his hair.

Knox

Hopefully gojoe won't mind, but i took it upon myself to kinda of try to spruce it up a little bit, and inserted the portrait. I'll be sure to pm him again and make sure its cool before i post it.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Knox"Hopefully gojoe won't mind, but i took it upon myself to kinda of try to spruce it up a little bit, and inserted the portrait. I'll be sure to pm him again and make sure its cool before i post it.

+1
Revived sprite threads are winsauce.
No sarcasm BTW.

mav

Quote from: "Knox"Hopefully gojoe won't mind, but i took it upon myself to kinda of try to spruce it up a little bit, and inserted the portrait. I'll be sure to pm him again and make sure its cool before i post it.
Awesome. This sprite was pretty damn close to completion, right? It shouldn't take this thing too long to get it up and ready to go. Great show of initiative, Knox.

Knox

Well thanks, I'm still struggling with the shade of red that looks best, too desaturated is pinkish, but too saturated is hugely red, and inbetween that isnt much better. I kind of prefered the old version he had going in the what are you working on thread.

I'll fool with it abit more, and post it once Gojoe gives me permission, He should get back to me soon.
~Auranhiem

Kagebunji

That sprite from page number one looks good, it is Dart I suppose(damn I am smart). But there are few problems, the bandana looks like it was done custom, and it executed bad, the colors of bandana mix up with hair and we get some twisted results. Colors itself needs desaturation too, practicly only red. Hair is either copied straight from Cloud or slightly edited of his hair, should be more cutom too. Armor is out too, it doesn't look bad, but pasting some other wouldn't be bad, or making custom(this is unlikely to happen, hehe). Well, that is mostly all I see.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Knox

I haven't the skill to do so with most of it, i mean i could make it look smoother but thats about it.

If someone else wants to take a crack at the hair I'm sure Gojoe wouldn't mind.

If you ask me the cloud shoulder looks kind of out of place, and i was thinking about coloring it red like the rest of his armor.
~Auranhiem

Oberon

Quote from: "VincentCraven"And here I was thinking you were talking about the Dart from Fire Emblem. Silly me.
i was thinking the same thing. lol

Smash

Quote from: "Oberon"
Quote from: "VincentCraven"And here I was thinking you were talking about the Dart from Fire Emblem. Silly me.
i was thinking the same thing. lol

gojoe

I wish I still had my work, the bandanna was custom and I had touched it up some before losing it all (bad virus and two computers ago). Still not much free time to work on it but, having it revived means my work isn't going to waste (let's not bring up Megaman X).
I never learn from my mistakes.

Knox

Yeah I'll start fiddling with it tomorrow sometime if i can find the time, been so busy with my girl past couple of days lol.

//Update//

And here you go, got a nice palette going, needs some tweaking, but i fixed the hair in the back for the mostpart.
One big thing i noticed is the lack of hair movement in the back side frames, and that the silver arm looks totally out of place, and that the headband on the back side view needs some work.

I'll work on it little by little as i can.
~Auranhiem