• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:12:20 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Fort Zeakden Visual Bug

Started by Seperest, June 04, 2017, 09:22:39 pm

Seperest

I haven't been able to find any info on this issue, but in the Fort Zeakden battle Delita is visually bugged. I have not edited him at all in any battle in ENTD, I have tried using different classes including his default and still the same visual bug. You can't see in the SS but his portrait is a female black mage for some reason and the SS shows what he looks like all the time here. He does not look like this anywhere else in the game, just here.

Jumza

The event is trying to load too many sprites. The limit is 9, but since 5 are taken up by the party there can only be a certain number of unique enemy sprites.
In Vanilla:
Ramza, Delita, 3 party members, Algus, Zalbag, Female Black Mage, Male Knight is 9.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Seperest

Odd because I didn't add or remove any units to/from this battle. Still has the same number as default. I guess I can remove one though if that will help.

Jumza

I'm kinda curious too actually because you also have a female black mage in your party that shares a sprite with the enemy team...
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

Actually, the game reserves a certain amount of slots for each team.

Let's say you can have up to 4 units in your 1-2 squads, 4 slots will be reserved for your squad units, and the 5 remaining will be used for ENTD units. It will never use more. Even if you only pick Ramza for the fight, you will still be limited to 5 ENTD spritesheet slots.

Also, in pSX you can just press F12 to take screenshots. They are added to the screenshots folder inside your pSX folder.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Emmy

When you changed the units that were on the map, did you change Golagros to the calculator/wizard sprite?  That's probably where the sprite limit glitch is happening if you did not.  Alternately, if any units that are hidden exceed the limit.