• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:33:36 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

I read Cid III's Spriting Tutorial and have a small problem

Started by Jon, December 02, 2009, 05:34:16 pm

Jon

Yeah, making your own custom sprite appear in battle is no problem. However, I must be doing something wrong:shock:...I can't figure out for the life of me the whole business of making this character appear in the formation menu and in the lineup before a battle. Also, to me the portrait doesn't really matter, but info on that would be helpful too. Thanks to everyone who reads this and posts his/her ideas on this. Please help :P

Also, is it possible that there might be a simpler way beside Cid III's way? Maybe something a little less complicated?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Orlandu

December 02, 2009, 09:18:11 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
in cid's guide, look for "Editing the UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN".
starting that point is the guide to make your sprite appear correctly on formation and battle lineup.

the portrait are already included in there. the WLDFACE.BIN one if i'm not wrong.

and yes, the guide is quite old... so it'll be better if somebody make a newer guide and more user friendly =P

Jon

December 03, 2009, 06:56:44 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Hmm, thank you Orlandu. I will try that again then. But someone should really make a new easier guide. I mean I dont really have to make the menu and battle formation screens have my custom icon because my imagination is good enough, but I feel like I am on crazy pills people! I want for some reason these screens to display my customs...I dont know why, maybe because of a completion feeling...my life is an empty shell...

Orlandu

December 04, 2009, 04:26:15 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
i know that feeling.. at first i thought it's fine for them to looked according to their previous sprite (not the new one), but the ramza sprite on the battle lineup screen is annoying.

well, after all that trouble following the guide.. i manage to change their sprite to the right ones, but still have problem with pallete... so their sprite colors at formation/battle lineup are messed up. If you succeed in your attempt to change them perfectly, you should make a new guide for beginners :)

Jon

December 04, 2009, 07:57:34 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Once I figure this stuff out, I will definetly make a guide, just because I feel many people here have probably got this very problem. I found a way to alter sprites colors easily, if anyone is interested read this:

If you have Photoshop, open the .bmp of any sprite set and then go to the top and simply select Image>Adjustments>Replace Color and then mess around with the hue, saturation and lightness, and you can literally in seconds change colors of any existing unit in seconds. However, I bet there are a million ways of doing this on here already so....