• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:47:15 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

TacText Patching problems

Started by Cheetah, September 14, 2010, 02:34:38 pm

Cheetah

So we have a problem. Somewhere along the line something happened to make it so FFTactText can no longer patch over FFT:Complete. This is obviously a large issue because it prevents FFT:C from being a base for future patches, which was a major goal of the project. Many helpful users have previously reported this problem and I had encountered it before in other versions of FFTPatcher so there was some confusion about what was going on, but with access to the most up to date versions of FFTPatcher I can say that FFT:C v.50 does not allow for text patching. Each part of the patch is divided up into dozens of individual hacks, so I'm going to start going through them to pinpoint the source of the problem and hopefully find a solution. Melonhead has been making many appearances, but I'm going to try and get in contact with him to see if he can give assistance as well.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

Solution:

Can people try opening a patched FFT:C v.50 iso in TactText, but have the ISO in the FFTPatcher Folder and see if you can edit then. I tried this and it worked, so I think there might actually not be a problem, but I need others to test. Make sure to use version .478.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

Where does one find .478? Because the only thread i can find it is here

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4984

but unfortunately two of the links only have pre-compiled files, and the third seems to be patcher/tactext 466 with shishi 478.

Is there another place on the forums with 478? The main page links to 457.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

philsov

.478 is now available on the front page download.

Anyone give it a spin with FFT:C or 1.3easytypecomplete yet?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

I gave Zodiac exactly what I got from Melonhead and it's what I have been using to revise the current v.50 of FFT:C. So I believe it works perfectly, just make sure to have all the files in the FFTPatcher Folder in the Programs Folder.
Current Projects:

Miroshi Beshima

@Philsov nah, its not working for easytypecomplete. It says it the DTE for Open.LZW has failed. I even restored the Open.LZW using a vanilla ISO but its still giving me an error. Is Tactext just having an error calculating the DTE for Open.LZW altogether? or is it still having compatibility issues with Easytype Complete? I mean, Im using .478 but its still giving me the error.

Also, I am having the same error with Complete without easytype too. Maybe it's just FFT: Complete :/

Cheetah

Do you have the FFTPatcher in the programs folder, and then all the files including the ISO in the FFTPatcher folder? I was getting the exact same errors till I did that.
Current Projects:

Miroshi Beshima

I'm still getting the same error. :/ Idk what im doing different

Cheetah

Ack! We need more people to test this out. If you have had success or failure either way please test out this method and tell us if you are able to patch over a FFT:C v.50 patch with the latest release of the patcher found on the main site. I guess I should try downloading the patcher from the site too and see if it works as well as the version I have (which should be the same).
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

Sorry for not replying, i guess i got caught up in working on my personal patch. 478 works for me. in fact, i find that the iso file doesnt even need to be in the same folder as FFTacText. I iterate my progress with different versions, and so have multiple folders elsewhere on my drive. I do believe that i need to do the "close and reopen" workaround for it to work. Can't just edit and patch, need to save, shut down TacText, reopen, load, and then patch. I'll test it a few times to confirm.

P.S. Soooo happy 478 finally got posted on the website i've been waiting for this for months. Thanks Cheetah for your great patch!

Cheetah

Glad it is finally working for you Rand. Well at least it is working for you, I forgot about the save and restart fix. Though for the record I have mine working without doing that.
Current Projects:

RandMuadDib

Mine's finicky. Sometimes it will work without the save/restart, sometimes it needs it.

deus-misereatur

Hi,
I'm someone new here, though I've been following FFT: C for some time now. Apparently my Open.LZW still gives me DTE errors, even after putting everything into the FFTPatcher folder and even attempting the save/restart fix. Am I the only person facing this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Cheetah

Do you have the newest FFTPatcher from the download page?
Current Projects:

deus-misereatur

Cheetah

Yep that is correct, hmmm this is getting very frustrating that some people are still having issues. Is your .NET Framework up to date, I highly doubt that is the issue though. Any issues if you mess with a different patch like 1.3?
Current Projects:

deus-misereatur

Nope. Works like a charm for the other patches. Sorry to bother you though. I expect that you've already gotten your hands full with the new release for FFT: C. :-). Don't worry about it. I'll just wait along further to see if there's anyone else with the same issues as me, and with a working solution.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

Apocalypticlord

I'm having the same issues as well, I was just chalking it up to "I'm just too stupid to get it to work".

Cheetah

Okay I'm taking a look at this TONIGHT! I'm tired of this patch not working for other people. I'm going to shoot for being on chat at 7 PM Pacific Coast Time to work with folks on this.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

Okay so I downloaded the FFTPatcher .478 on the main page and tried to adjust the text on FFT:C, and I got the standard error. So I'm guessing something is up with the download that is loaded up, which is particularly odd considering I'm the one who gave it to Zodiac to upload. So a few more tests are in order but hopefully we will figure this out. I know it can work because that is how I'm making updates.
Current Projects: