• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Female Ramza patch

Started by A Blood Red Fox, August 31, 2014, 01:10:46 pm

A Blood Red Fox

I'm trying to work more on finishing up my small project, before doing much more on my larger one. This small project is an patch that makes Ramza female.

So far, most of the dialogue has been adjusted to properly refer to Ramza as female. I say most, because I'm sure I've missed stuff and will need to go over it again to find the last bits. I am working from the FFT Complete version of the dialogue.

The Brave Story\Chronicle text has not yet been changed at all, nor has Arazlam's speech been changed. Also, I haven't yet changed Ramza to be actually considered female by the game mechanics.

skiploom188

Just curious, Do you have the Female Ramza sprites all set? I'd like to see a Ramza all Rule 63'd hehe. And of course her name has to change, Do you have a name for her?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

A Blood Red Fox

No, unfortunately the sprite isn't made and I don't have a name for her either.

Ronin1984

This is a neat idea! Changing the gender of the main protagonist of such a huge and deep story is no light undertaking and there are mechanical changes to boot. Not only would a few references need changed and abilities such as Steal Heart affect the protagonist differently but consider how entire lines and character relationships would change because women think differently and are regarded differently by other characters than men- of course this would be dependent on the duo in question. I don't mean by this that Ivalice regards women as less than men (Agrias and Meliadoul have authority), that there -has- to be a romantic context (that's one thing absent from Ramza's life for the entire story) or anything like that, I mean that the psychology would be different. Would the relationship between Ramza and her father be different? Her brothers? Alma? What about Delita- the nuances and writing regarding the scenes of those two could end up being very different. I imagine lots of lines would end up changing before the project was done. Good luck and I'm interested to see how this works out! :)
"History does not repeat itself but it often does rhyme." -Mark Twain