• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:57:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Patcher (.497)

Started by formerdeathcorps, May 14, 2011, 03:57:55 am

Choto

not sure if this one fell through the cracks, but i think its worth putting in there for the next build. Death to monk over-poweredness.

Martial arts is 25% PA boost instead of 50%

<Patch name="Martial arts is 25% instead of 50%">
    <Description>

</Description> 
    <Location offset="0011F128" file="BATTLE_BIN">
    </Location>
<Location offset="0011F138" file="BATTLE_BIN">
    </Location>
<Location offset="0011F1e0" file="BATTLE_BIN">
    </Location>
<Location offset="0011F1f0" file="BATTLE_BIN">
    </Location>
  </Patch>

Not sure if you saw my question earlier but i'll re-ask it because i dont want it to be lost in the mix, what exactly do the "Sprite Hacks" do?

Glain

Were the sprite hacks added into the default XML for FFTorgASM recently? If so, I think fdc might know what they are, but I'm not sure.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

formerdeathcorps

I think they're the ones made by Xif that let you use all 8 palettes.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

3lric

AFAIK the palette hack works, since I use it in events to make 2 versions of the same non-generic sprite have different palettes, but if this is the
one I'm thinking of, it caused bugs when picking up the crystals/chests of the higher numbered palettes (6-8 ?)
  • Modding version: PSX

Glain

Pride pointed out a problem with the ASM encoder in MHA; since the one in FFTorgASM uses the same one, I'm also patching it here. I'm just calling this 482 v2.

RavenOfRazgriz

Getting some serious bugs with the FFTacText.  I need to do further investigation tomorrow, but it seems that the Ability Names that are supposed to display overhead are being written as blank text data and the Ability Name list is being written to the Post Action Battle Messages because I'm getting things like Brave Up displaying "Death" after use and Break skills displaying "Slow", etc.

Glain

Can we come up with a reproducible scenario for this?

RavenOfRazgriz

For reference, I fixed this by patching the same .ffttext file with FFTacText .457.  I can edit in .482 but it seems I need to use .457 to patch things after I finish doing my edits.  Either my FFTacText glitched the fuck out from the fact I'd basically rewritten everything inside it, or there's an error in the writing-to-game procedure.

Also, unrelated, not sure if this is true for other versions of OrgASM, but with .482 OrgASM, once I apply ASMs to an ISO, it won't allow me to choose new ASMs and apply them to the ISO without restarting the program.  Visually, I can click the boxes, choose a new ISO to patch, etc., so it looks like it works... but if you actually check the ISO, no edit has been made with your new choices.

Xifanie

Glain, could you tell me how to setup my Windows to edit FFTP's source? I want to add the MON SHP + SEQ to finally allow spriters to test their monster sprites in shishi. I have already messed with those file format in the past btw.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Glain

I just uploaded the current FFTP source to the Google code page I made for it (I have a separate one from melonhead's original) at http://code.google.com/p/fftpatcher-mod/downloads/list

You basically just need to open the .sln file with a C# IDE. I'm using SharpDevelop, as it's open source. When you compile the project, it builds all the EXEs at once (Patcher, Tactext, FFTorgASM, Shishi), and you navigate to that folder into the bin/ directory to find it. Generally it's bin/x86/Debug in each project folder, I believe.

In theory, you should be able to use source control like SVN to check out all the source code, but I'm having some issues with that, because I used SVN to check out from melonhead's project when I started updating FFTP, and I think SVN still thinks the two are tied together even though I've separated them. So anyway, for now I just uploaded the source as a zip file.

Glain

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 15, 2012, 03:50:47 pm
For reference, I fixed this by patching the same .ffttext file with FFTacText .457.  I can edit in .482 but it seems I need to use .457 to patch things after I finish doing my edits.  Either my FFTacText glitched the fuck out from the fact I'd basically rewritten everything inside it, or there's an error in the writing-to-game procedure.

Also, unrelated, not sure if this is true for other versions of OrgASM, but with .482 OrgASM, once I apply ASMs to an ISO, it won't allow me to choose new ASMs and apply them to the ISO without restarting the program.  Visually, I can click the boxes, choose a new ISO to patch, etc., so it looks like it works... but if you actually check the ISO, no edit has been made with your new choices.

I've heard .457 is the only one that does the PSP changes correctly, too. Maybe there was something changed between .457 and .478 that did something weird when you have large amounts of text changed? The only thing I really changed in the later versions of Tactext was QuickEdit, and that just tells TacText what to change without modifying the patching process, so if that part works I would assume it's a problem from before I started doing anything with it, though I haven't really done all that much testing myself.

That's interesting about orgASM too. I'm not sure I noticed, but then again, I usually just open, select ASMs, patch ISO, and close...

Eternal

So, random thought. Is there any way we could get a Copy Item function in the next update, if/when that happens?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Glain

Probably! Copy/pasting one item over another, with ctrl+c/ctrl+v support, like in other sections?

Sounds good.  I haven't edited FFTP code in a while but this certainly sounds doable.  If I get a few more feature suggestions I could make a sizable update out of this; otherwise I guess I could do an update with just this in it (I don't really know of anything else to put in... maybe I just need more suggestions).

Eternal

Exactly that. I know it'd save me a lot of time, at least.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Desocupado

We really could use a rename feature for stuff inside the patcher.
(i.e. let me rename the displayed name on the patcher, so skill 002 isn't referenced as "Cure 2/Cura")

Choto

Apparently the unknown flag under hit allies is "Top down targeting" as referenced by SA:

00179360: 10c00006 beq r6,r0,0x 0017937c      Branch if Top-down Targeting = False
00179364: 00e4102a slt r2,r7,r4
00179368: 14400003 bne r2,r0,0x 00179378      Branch if Low Height < High Height
0017936c: 00000000 nop            (basically target from top down)

Although i'm not exactly sure what this does, just figured i'd make a note of it. It's in the "Check vertical tolerance and if tiles can be chosen" routine: http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Check_Vert_Tolerance_and_if_Tiles_can_be_Chosen

Glain

April 26, 2013, 01:02:29 pm #178 Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:31:54 am by Glain
Working list for the next version:

More copy/paste functionality (Items, Animations, Monster Skills, Action Menus, Status Effects, Inflict Statuses, Poaching, Move-Find Item, Propositions)
Rename flag under Hit Allies? (Need to trace routine / decipher what it really does)
Label/group AI bytes in ENTD based on Raven's post (http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9618.0)
Add one to IDs in Shishi sprite dropdown
Display Shishi frame/animation number in hex
ASM patcher offset mode attribute
Add Effect dropdown to more abilities (Items, Other?)
Fix Proposition default values for level bonuses
Proposition Entries should display * next to name if changed

That's actually still not too much stuff.  I guess "Fix TacText" would be pretty high up on the list, but I'm not really sure what its deal is.  My best bet might be to just try to analyze what was changed in TacText between .457 and .479.  Also, the PSP apparently has problems with everything past .457?

Edit: Updating this post to make my list into a working list for the next version.  I'll update it periodically and bold things that (I think) I have working in my local build.

Eternal

IIRC, I used the latest Tactext for KO PSP, and it worked fine. You just need to cut away a ton of Kanji and shorten some text in certain files.

Can we incorporate Raven's AI findings into the next version somehow?