• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hacked version of FFT: WotL on the PSP?

Started by TheBlargh1, December 10, 2016, 04:52:32 pm

TheBlargh1

Is there anyway to get a modified version of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on the PSP?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

BleuVII

Yes. If you have custom firmware on your PSP, you can put a patched ISO on the root drive in the "ISO" folder and launch it directly from your games menu. This is how I have been doing my testing. The cool part is that you can hook your PSP up to your computer and patch directly from FFTacttext and FFTPatcher onto your PSP's ISO without having to copy/paste from your computer every time.
  • Modding version: WotL

3lric

Quote from: BleuVII on December 11, 2016, 12:09:31 am
Yes. If you have custom firmware on your PSP, you can put a patched ISO on the root drive in the "ISO" folder and launch it directly from your games menu. This is how I have been doing my testing. The cool part is that you can hook your PSP up to your computer and patch directly from FFTacttext and FFTPatcher onto your PSP's ISO without having to copy/paste from your computer every time.

I have to ask why you test that way when it would be easier to test on PPSSPP and just do periodic tests on the PSP itself. Seems much much faster that way...
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

... I used to not even patch directly to the PSP, but to the ISO on the PC, then move every patched ISO to the PSP, for testing.

I don't know why I did that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

BleuVII

Quote from: Elric on December 11, 2016, 02:54:22 pm
I have to ask why you test that way when it would be easier to test on PPSSPP and just do periodic tests on the PSP itself. Seems much much faster that way...

For initial testing of "does this work", yes. For gameplay balancing, it's really not any significant gains in time. What's an extra 30 seconds compared to a 25 minute battle? With my lifestyle, it's a LOT easier to drag a PSP around and play it for 5 minutes at a time than it is to get dedicated time in front of a computer. Plus, my kids ignore the PSP for some reason, but act like a moth to the flame whenever I turn my computer on.
  • Modding version: WotL