• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Wow, so much has developed!

Started by SephHexenWR, November 15, 2007, 05:33:00 pm

SephHexenWR

November 15, 2007, 05:33:00 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SephHexenWR
Hello all! I'm a former FFT GameFAQs board member-- I went there around 2000-2001 or so, and just kind of disappeared after a while and haven't actually made any real effort to return. But no matter my presence, I mostly kept up with hacking info, until about a year ago.

Back then, the only thing we had was Aerostar's (kind of outdated) Gameshark Handbook, the GSHelper, and a dump of the FFT RAM. I played around with this a bit-- it was really fun modifying skills and the suchlike, but it felt kind of boring after a while.

And now I'm directed towards some Kanbabrif video, and the next thing I know, people are actually doing more. Now I'm seeing entire patches attempting to fix the game! This is really kind of awesome, but the problem is that I'm not really up to speed anymore.

So, I'm pretty much asking, is there come centralized place where I can find out what exactly has transpired in the past year or two? I'm really very interested, and it looks like fun. It certainly seems more fun than messing with a Gameshark and patching my own disc, for certain. I'm the kind of guy who will, if he can find a decent method, take time to find out stuff like the Phony Saint's skillset or any such thing through actual playing (though the GSHelper sort of alleviated that burden from my shoulders ;P).

I'm a novice coder and I don't have much time on my hands, but if I do get any stretch of un-scheduled time, I'd gladly lend a hand in here, but that won't happen for another few months...

Er, also, hi! I'm Seph (not a derivative of Sephiroth). How goes it?

Xifanie

November 15, 2007, 05:43:04 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "SephHexenWR"(not a derivative of Sephiroth)

Good thing, I was like: 'Oh damn, I hope it's not one of those Sephiroth fanboys..." for a moment.

This is only the beginning. Most of the stuff (except for player's patches) can be found on the main site (http://www.auritech.eu).

However I'm currently coding a program that will allow all of those, and even more.

I want this game hacked as FFVI was.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Argg0

November 15, 2007, 08:31:53 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Quote from: "Zodiac"I want this game hacked as FFVI was.

I never heard of FF VI hacks... >_>

Xifanie

November 15, 2007, 10:54:36 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
What?

Of course, high level hacks are rare but they do exist. Most are just enemy edits but some are complete mods.

Entire teams were deciphering the game's contents while I'm alone on a bigger challenge. ;o
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful