• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:48:00 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Sprite] Katelyn, The Sword Saint (剣聖)

Started by R999, June 29, 2010, 01:00:58 am

R999

剣聖 (Kensei) was an honorary title given to a warrior of legendary skill in swordsmanship. Katelyn is the destined host of Shemhazai.

Kaytelyn, Proto R53 Final

Katelyn "Tiara" R52, R51, 50

^ Hair differences.

Katelyn with Cape Proto R42, R41, R40

Katelyn with Mask Proto R35

^ for 1 vs 1 with Agrias (?)

Katelyn Simple Proto R30, R28

^28 maybe more suitable for Tiamat.

Katelyn Experimental Proto R25, R26 (experimental)

Kate Proto R18, R19

Hair Transitions

Katelyn, Proto R13a, R13b, R13c "Mantis Armor"

R9, R10, R11

Katelyn, Proto R3, R5

^ Having some coloring difficulty in both cases. I do have a new design in mind that could get around the problem...

Trash

LastingDawn

Yes, I was thinking a... warrior like version of...

As she was Agrias' teacher after all it seems pretty fitting that she would have the classic teacher look about her, in my opinion.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

Nah, it doesn't look good, LD, look:
download/file.php?id=5775

I think R's concept is better, I can tell right away that she looks like an older, veteran soldier. But, she is all in one color with different shades, maybe try giving her some more colors. Or try making that lower part of skirt into outline, might look nice. If you are definitly unable to change colors, I vote for this + outline I talked about:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zozma

i think R1 looks better but with r3, or 5's colors. the position of the skirt looks a little odd to me in r3 and 5
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

R999

New prototype R9 (See main post) update took a while to get right, but that's not exactly working for me either...  I am still going to try at least a few more concepts.

edit: See R10 as well.  That belt was very hard to get right, this sprite, as simple as it might look, was quite challenging. Though I have to say I am still not satisfied with this design overall.

Smash

I have no idea how this character should look like, so im throwing this here for C&C

Kagebunji

I like R9 more, R. Though, maybe give her the gray hair? It looked cooler, more like veteran, wich she is s'posed to be.

Smash

I was thinking something like Altima's hair, but with slight yellow tints

Anyways: (Just found the concepts collection thread)

Kagebunji

You succesfully gave her older look, Smash. Though, I say, wait with this port for a bit untill we are sure about colors of hair etc. Though her right(our left) part of face looks over-shaded imo, it is too dark. Though this may be thing that makes her look old.

Smash

Don't worry about the shading now -I did it in like a minute.

We're still on concept making.

Zozma

its really nice to have u here helping with portraits smash, they always turn out so well

R999

Hair

You did a fairly good representation of her hair comparing to the sprite, but the problem is that I haven't finished her hair yet I am afraid, there's still a possibility that this hair won't be used.

I know it might not look like it, but this is the hair that I was originally going after,

Face, expression

Anyway though the portrait's face looks like a man to me.  Face expression needs to be changed (and or shape of face). Even though she has attained immortality and eternal youth, I would imagine that she would look possessed by Shemhazai. I think a sleepy look would suit her quite well (with eyes similar to the generic Dancer's portrait) there's no reason for her to look angry.

Katelyn should be 30, not very old.

Edit: See first post for R11 update. She has better posture now (standing straight like a Knight) and some minor fixes. Still probably going to change her hair though. R13 would be what I call "Mantis Armor".

R999

Update on hair, R18, R19 (see main thread).

R999

Added "Simple", "Experimental", and "Mask" concepts in the main post.

Kagebunji

No, Arch, this is better IMO.

R30 I think.

Smash

Quote from: "Kagebunji"No, Arch, this is better IMO.

R30 I think.

Kagebunji

But really, white hair looked great on her. Since she is not generic, why not give her white hair back? There are already so many blondes in FFT...

And Smash, your avatar is fitting for Cecil-Zombie IMO, hehe.

Zozma

Quote from: "Kagebunji"But really, white hair looked great on her. Since she is not generic, why not give her white hair back? There are already so many blondes in FFT...

And Smash, your avatar is fitting for Cecil-Zombie IMO, hehe.

uhhh she looked like an old maid with hair done like that... what about really light blonde hair instead?

btw, i agree, R30

Kagebunji

Well, she is s'posed to be vet after all. I am alright with black, brown, even red, but please no more blondes, it is SO boring in FFT.