• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:37:36 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Monster Job Wheel (MJW)

Started by xjamxx, May 02, 2019, 05:17:51 pm

xjamxx

May 02, 2019, 05:17:51 pm Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:23:12 am by xjamxx
If you are looking for a decent patch, just leave. I warned you.

After a lot of work, my final patch is ... garbage.

Description:

MJW:

Allow monsters to change their job to other monster job. This patch is not compatible with OEJ by itself, use MJW compatibility patch. No variables, so edit through xml only. Edit this label if needed (it goes across all locations):
st_unlock_mjw___Inner game stage to unlock monster wheel (35 = chapter 4 - before orbonne)

MJW - OEJ compatibility patch:

Requires 'MJW', fixes incompatibility issues with OEJ patch. No variables, so edit through xml only. Edit these labels to match with OEJ labels (they go across all locations):
oej_id_______OEJ job ID. Recommended range from 0x35 to 0x49.
oej_ma_unit__OEJ formation sprite for male. Shishi value -1?
oej_fe_unit___OEJ formation sprite for female. Shishi value -1?

MJW - BETTLE-PSX minimal workaround:

Requires 'MJW'. For some unknown reason MJW doesn't work with BETTLE-PSX, and for it is a major issue. Though I have a theory of what is going on, I could not prove it so far. The issue goes to monster_wheel routine that makes the list of jobs. It only works for 61h, 62h and 63h, all goblin jobs. It does not matter the sprite, I drawed with a choco sprite and as long as the jobs are those it works, for any other job it freezes. This patch turn MJW in a goblin job wheel for monsters, but it works with BETTLE-PSX.

"Monster Job Wheel (MJW)"
Allow monsters to change their job to other monster job. Made by xjamxx. This patch is not compatible with OEJ by itself, use MJW compatibility patch.

"MJW - Monster Level restriction"
Requires 'MJW'. The wheel will be unlocked after the moster hits a certain level. Only one restriction can be applied due space limitations. For more complex restrictions, find a code cave and write it there. No variables, so edit through xml only. Edit this eqv if needed:
   mon_lvl            Monster level needed to unlock wheel.

"MJW - Progression Byte restriction"
Requires 'MJW'. The wheel will be unlocked after progression byte reaches a certain value. Only one restriction can be applied due space limitations. For more complex restrictions, find a code cave and write it there. No variables, so edit through xml only. Edit this eqv if needed:
   prg_unlock         Inner game stage needed to unlock wheel (35h = chapter 4 - before orbonne).

"MJW - Elidibs Defeat restriction"
Requires 'MJW'. The wheel will be unlocked after Elidibs is killed. Only one restriction can be applied due space limitations. For more complex restrictions, find a code cave and write it there.

"MJW - No class change"
Requires 'MJW'. It simplifies the wheel to the 3 types of monsters per class.

"MJW - OEJ compatibility patch"
Requires 'OEJ' and after 'MJW', fixes incompatibility issues with OEJ patch. No variables, so edit through xml only. Edit these labels to match with OEJ labels (they go across all locations):
   oej_id            OEJ job ID. Recommended range from 0x35 to 0x47.
   oej_ma_unit         OEJ formation sprite for male. Shishi value -1?
   oej_fe_unit         OEJ formation sprite for female. Shishi value -1?

For future updates (if any) check in: https://github.com/xjamxx/FFTPatcher/tree/master/FFTorgASM/XmlPatches

Since people won't READ and keep downloading outdated xml files, and i made some important fixes to my patches (though i uploaded them some days ago in github), i will replace the xml files here too...

As far as i know MJW.xml, OEJ.xml and PRE.xml are complete and without any issues (they work on all emus and they should work on psx hardware).
  • Modding version: PSX
<Random> This seems to be a PSX issue.
<Elric> A psx issue? That makes no sense. Sounds more like an issue with your OS.

Hyppocritamus

is there a way to make the wheel...smaller?

Lets say I want to be able to change between Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Red Chocobo, but don't want them to be able to change into a Mindflare.  Can I have each soecies only be able to change into monsters that share a sprite, and just, well, pallete/class swap as needed?
  • Modding version: PSX

Zenn

Quote from: Hyppocritamus on July 04, 2019, 10:01:09 pm
is there a way to make the wheel...smaller?

Lets say I want to be able to change between Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Red Chocobo, but don't want them to be able to change into a Mindflare.  Can I have each soecies only be able to change into monsters that share a sprite, and just, well, pallete/class swap as needed?

Have you tried using the "MJW - No class change" patch? I think it does what you are asking.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown