• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:34:20 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

Lijj

I quite like the Midori concept Wolfy. I like that middle visor too! Not a fan of the new Kain sprite,  hence not a fan of the dragoon helm but that's just a taste of mine.
  • Modding version: PSX

Wolfran

Originally the visor is for a dark knight concept but for dragoon maybe it works too. Btw I like your Celes avatar ;)
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Twinees

Nice Wolfan, and the helm (on the far left) really does suit the dark knight a lot. I hope you continue with this :).
Quick crit, perhaps you can make the farthest back feathers/wing thingos to be straight up like the male lancer.
I dont mind the mask thing (that is on agrias), would go well with a Blue mage (based on ff5).

Wolfran

Update. I used Agrias just to test the mask, and I won't use her as a new DK.

Cheetah

Front view needs some work, but the rest are looking really good.
Current Projects:

Lijj

Very cool Wolfran. maybe just those two single-top pixels on the front view could be erased.

GeneralStrife

No complaints Wolf, looks pretty damn sexy.

Kagebunji

After looking at your portrait, I thought if maybe you should make the ears shorter? On sprite they are way shorter than Panther's, and on port you still use Panther's from what I can tell.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Wolfran

I can't remember if I enlarged it or I did something else, but I'll fix it ASAP. BTW I was thinking to do a new version of wolf because the black pallete looks odd to me and I have to add the last SP2 frames I did.
Anyway, thanks for notice that.

Kagebunji

Yeah, last platte is kinda odd, mostly cause it is soo dark. I would suggest Hydra's second palette or something like that.

Wolfran

Well, the ear looks fine and the new shadowing on his mouth too.

Twinees

April 29, 2011, 01:23:10 am #231 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:29:32 am by Twinees
Great job on the ears Wolfran, its much better. The snout is still a bit flat, but i hope you are working on that part still.

Wolfran

Dk's mask is almost done I just need to finish the critical and dead frames, About the shadowing in the snout is fine or should I try again????

Wolfran

Surprise!!!!!!
Don't pay attention to the portrait, I know It needs a lot of work :/

mav

The shading on the pants is a little flat. What sprites did you base this on?

Kagebunji

Whoa, portrait is way too flat, but you are working on it so ok. As to sprite, it needs some work at the bottom part. Belt is kinda big, and legs are very small, change that alltogether.

Tea

May 20, 2011, 11:16:58 am #236 Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:49:36 pm by Tea
^seems fine to me on all views but the second one from the left.

Also, on the backview, it looks more like the oracle cape than pants, which seems a little weird to me.

Kagebunji

Yeah, I should point I mean only forward side-view, kinda obvious >_> After I look at the ribbon on back frames, I must say it is pretty cute, heh.

Lijj

O:
This has lots of potential; I love how it's very highly custom.
Mav's right about it looking flat though. If you can squeeze in one more white it'd be great for the sake of depth.

VampragonLord

the belt needs to be a bit more defined, and consistent. in some of the views it looks like midrift, and some it looks like an oddly colored belt. also, the second frame just looks..... weird. the best way i can describe it is it looks too two dimensional.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~