• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Windows application based on Zodiac's Excel workbook

Started by melonhead, December 31, 2007, 02:21:18 am

Zozma

November 13, 2008, 02:11:15 am #220 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
making effect assignment changes isnt working

i tried to make a different skill use the effect file for bio3 and it doesnt save when patching the iso

yeah.. now i cant open the patch with the old patcher either so i cant use it just to change effects.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

melonhead

November 13, 2008, 10:08:49 am #221 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
Quote from: "Zozma"making effect assignment changes isnt working

i tried to make a different skill use the effect file for bio3 and it doesnt save when patching the iso

yeah.. now i cant open the patch with the old patcher either so i cant use it just to change effects.

Ugh.
Here's a quick fix. Just overwrite the old FFTPatcher.exe. The problem was that it was patching ability effects in SCUS_942.21 instead of BATTLE.BIN. Who knows what it was overwriting....
http://sh3llz.com/~melonhead/rtload/336b.zip

Zozma

November 13, 2008, 10:15:27 am #222 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thank you very much! donno what id do without the ability to change the effects XD

Gamesoul Master

November 25, 2008, 09:39:52 pm #223 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
Just so you know melonhead, that update also fixed a problem where an image patched directly from FFTPatcher was causing it to not start-up in pSX (other emulators worked). Not sure if that too was an intentional fix (or possibly even that what it was overwriting was something pSX needed for it to properly boot the game, since pSX was throwing I/O read errors), but I'm definitely happy it works with this updated version... :)

Zaen

November 26, 2008, 08:24:10 am #224 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zaen
Wow, I just started using this after the latest update..

After seeing previous updates, I gotta say you did a great job melon, well done :)
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

melonhead

November 27, 2008, 01:12:14 am #225 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
New version:
FFTPatcher - v0.352

Changes since v0.328
  • Fixed bug that caused Ability Effects to be applied to the ISO incorrectly
  • Fixed Formula 0x4E: Dmg_(MA*Y)
  • Fixed bug that caused the Upper Level flag to not be updated on screen properly in the ENTD unit editor
  • Rewrite of Sprite Manager. Now, it reads all character/monster sprites from an ISO file. Make your changes and save as a .shishi file or patch the ISO directly.
    • Not supported yet:
      • WEP.SPR, OTHER.SPR
      • Changing "type" of sprite (Making AGURI be TYPE2 instead of TYPE1, etc)
      • WLDFACE.BIN, EVTFACE.BIN, EVTCHR.BIN, UNIT.BIN
    • Known bug: The thumbnail images in the main window look ugly...

Vanya

November 27, 2008, 02:01:20 am #226 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Hells yeaahh!! Melon, your updates always bring a little extra joy into my life! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

November 27, 2008, 04:53:44 am #227 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Melonhead

The new shishi looks great so far, but adramelk is listed twice and Kasanek and Kasanem are not listed...

also i noticed that i was able to exceed the size limit on some files. and it allows me to save and patch the game... will this damage my game or do we finally have the ability to expand allowed sprite size? however i couldnt expand the "short" sprites i was able to insert my zerke sprite into GANDO which is the smallest sized human file with full animations ... zerke is larger too.

and one more question. will we eventually be able to change the names of the files in battle.bin as well?

hehe sorry for the questions, this is just exciting... i especially want to make sure i don't fuck up my game if the size limit cap should not be exceeded

Edit: I think i just got my answer to the sprite size, it cuts the sprite when it exceeds its max space eh?

Lydyn

November 30, 2008, 10:20:37 pm #228 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I can't patch an ISO with my New Shishi Sprite Editor, melonhead. =(

melonhead

December 01, 2008, 09:16:56 am #229 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by melonhead
That is not a very good bug report :|
Can you describe exactly what happens when you try? Or send a screenshot of an error message or something.

Lydyn

December 01, 2008, 12:50:20 pm #230 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Well, all it was doing was bringing up a bar with "Building Sprites" and just stopping there after a while, but it just worked. >.< Weird. I must've have the ISO open in the emulator, sorry.

Also sorry for the lack of details ... mainly because as you can see, it wasn't doing much.

Gamesoul Master

December 05, 2008, 07:09:34 am #231 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
A quick question about two unknown bytes that may not be quite so unknown...

On the Abilities tab, in the box of bytes that include "Learn with JP", "Learn on Hit", etc... Viewing the v1.3 patch in FFTPatcher, I see that many abilities have their first and/or last "Unknown" bytes changed, at times when no other change has been made to the ability. This tells me that these bytes are definitely not so unknown, otherwise what would be the point of only changing that one aspect of an ability, if the byte didn't have a known purpose.

So my question is... *are* these bytes indeed already known, but simply haven't been defined in the patcher yet?

I've also seen a similar occurance with the three "Unknowns" in the AI Behavior box of the same tab (except this time the changes seem to usually be part of a grander scheme). More not quite unknown "Unknowns"...?

I'd like to note (in case they really are rather unknown)... in that AI Behavior box, has anybody noticed that the first two Unknown bytes (the ones before and after random hits), are both always ticked on spells that have an MP cost and are actual *magic* spells? I've seen like 2 exceptions to that rule (the summon "Golem" (neither box checked, no idea why)... and the spell Mute (both boxes checked, despite native 0 MP cost). I also found that only two specific skill-sets have just the second Unknown byte checked (the Ruin spells and Ying-Yang Magic), and a few scattered skills have only the first one checked (Magic Barrier, Midgar Zolom, Lifebreak, Nanoflare, and Grand Cross).

I'm aware that *all* of that may be very well-known or useless, but I thought it was interesting to note while looking through things. Maybe if they're not known yet, somebody knows something about how this information is significant... :D[/i]

LastingDawn

December 05, 2008, 08:08:55 am #232 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I hate to say this... I used to remember this! But I can't recall what those two boxes do anymore... I know One actually flags it for AI to use, but I can't recall what the other one you mentioned does... I know something dealing with the the Earth Slash-esque moves, but I can't recall what Exactly it is.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Gamesoul Master

December 05, 2008, 08:41:20 am #233 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
I assume you're talking about the Unknowns in the unnamed (first) box of bytes. Yeah, the last byte isn't used for all that many skills, but among them is all the damaging MNK attacks and all the THF skills (except Steal Heart, a possibly revealing exception). The Knight's skillset and Squire's basic damaging skills also have that last Unknown byte active. Obviously, some other random abilities also have it. Maybe worth noting that 95% of the time, whenever that last Unknown byte is active, the Defense Up byte in the AI Behavior section is also active.

That first Unknown might be some kind of flag for AI use, since most abilities have it, except for a few exceptions I can't recall ever being used on me. But none of the Math Skills had it checked, and while I can never recall facing against a Calculator, I didn't think they were actually *restricted* in some way for enemy use.

Vanya

December 05, 2008, 02:07:12 pm #234 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Buried around the forum somewhere is a thread with some data about the various unknown check boxes.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

December 26, 2008, 05:10:45 am #235 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
melon....

the new patcher doesnt save "action menu type" changes.......

Gamesoul Master

December 27, 2008, 02:22:13 am #236 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Gamesoul Master
We should probably find any lingering threads describing the "Unknown" checkboxes and call attention to them so they can be named properly in FFTPatcher... lol.

Edit: Found the thread that I think was being referred to (no definite information though), so I necro-bumped it and will continue the conversation there so I don't end up derailing this thread :D

Archael

January 05, 2009, 04:29:27 pm #237 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Can't get FFTPatcher - v0.352 to run on Windows XP using Service Pack 2 with .NET 2.0 Framework

Error given by program:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : fftpatcher.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.352     P3 : 492e3723

P4 : fftpatcher     P5 : 1.0.0.352     P6 : 492e3723     P7 : 580     P8 : b

P9 : system.typeinitialization

EDIT: Issue resolved

sondowultimate

March 21, 2009, 05:51:51 pm #238 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by sondowultimate
its easier to use now i still have problems here and there i do have a question.... how do you add new abilities and keep the old one like a new tab or something of the sort

Kaijyuu

March 21, 2009, 05:59:44 pm #239 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Hrm, I'm trying to revert a change I made to a bio 3 spell (the second one), and it's not patching it. I changed it's effect from 0DC (second bio 3's effect) to 0DB (first). That patched, but when I try to revert it back, no go.

Notable is that opening a patch (not the iso) shows it correctly set to 0DC, but patching it and opening the iso directly shows no change (still 0DB).

(suppose I could just hex edit it, but still looking for documentation on the location of those bytes :X ) EDIT: Noticed it eventually worked after changing some other abilities. Weird.
  • Modding version: PSX