• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

How do I get FFT to work on my PSP?

Started by Locke_Cole, January 17, 2020, 01:18:51 pm

Locke_Cole

Hi guys!

I have been playing the Final Fantasy Tactics hacks om my PS3 for a while now and its been great! But, I am now interested in trying to play these games on my PSP. Now I have all the correct "settings"  :lol: - So to speak and games do work fine on my PSP.

I am wondering what kind of a file I should have if I wanted to play on my PSP, should it be the War of the Lions version? Help plz :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

So you've been using modded versions of FFT on your PS3 already?

Most mods AFAIK will directly say which version of the game they're compatible with. They'll also usually have, or link to, instructions for modding your game file.

You're gonna need to be a lot more specific about what was working on the PS3 that is not working now.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Locke_Cole

Sorry!

Trying to be more specific. I guess I am wondering what kind of WOTL-file people are using to patch and play on their PSP. Perhaps that question is not allowed?
  • Modding version: PSX

yamish

If by "settings" with a smiley you mean you've enabled your psp to play emulators, then using an emulator as normal will work.

If you're asking about full on PSP mods of the scope of Jot5 or Celdias, you won't find it. Those require ASM hacks and there isn't a lot of ASM activity with WotL. Mostly because nobody is disassemblying it as the PS version has already been so thoroughly documented and worked with. It would be like starting over from scratch.

That said, there IS activity in the WotL section. So it's not impossible for the future, it just requires people versed in ASM to find everything and document it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Nyzer

The PSP WotL is the most moddable of all of them. Yet it's nowhere near as moddable right now as the PSX version, which, IIRC, can be emulated on the PSP.

But I would have expected PS3 emulation of either to really not be any different than whatever you're trying to do now.

Again, most mods will outright tell you whether they're for the PSX or PSP version.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown