• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT Wotl Android & MEmu

Started by DigitalIP, October 14, 2016, 07:52:07 pm

DigitalIP

October 14, 2016, 07:52:07 pm Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:39:25 am by DigitalIP
Well, some time ago I came on here seeking help regarding FFT Wotl on my Galaxy S5 which is now a Galaxy S7.

I don't know if what i'm about to say has already been shared, so i'll share it anyway as it should make all the Android users that want to use LiOSEditor happy..

I came across an Android Emulator on youtube today, I was reading up on FF Exvius regarding the new update for it.. In one of his uploads he mentions Emulators as he uses an Emulator to play the game when he streams.

So I go check out the emulator, load up the game and everythings working great.. So I go and install my FFT Wotl and give that a try, also WORKS GREAT!

Now heres the thing. The Emulator has a feature that allows the device to act as though its rooted, like it would be on an actual phone or tablet. The Emulator comes preloaded with the app ES File Explorer, which many people may be familiar with.

So I come on here to read up again on the save editor and how to use it on Android. Well heres the good part.
The Emulator has a feature to let you export and import files and so forth to and from the emulator and your PC, I'm sure you know what this means.

With the Emulator simulating Root Access, you can goto the location of FFT's Save File, you can then transfer the save file from the Emulator to your PC and use the Save Editor to your hearts content then import the save file back into the Emulator.

AND IT WORKS!!!
This is especially helpful since its impossible to transfer your saves from one device to another unless the devices are rooted, Which I'm not going to do with either of my phones. So you can start a new game on the emulator, get to a point where you can save, transfer the save to your PC, edit it, import it back and have everything you had without having to get everything back the hard way.

So to sum it all up
Download and Install MEmu
Login with your google account that owns FFT Wotl
Play until you are able to save your game
Exit the game and open ES File Explorer
Navigate to the FFT save file and Copy or Move it to the Emulators "Download" Folder  This is the portal in a manner of speaking between the emulator and your PC. The Download location on your PC is the Folder MEmu Download

Then open the save editor and open the save file within that folder, do what you want to do and hit Save.
Then all you have to do is Move the save file from that Folder back into the original location for the Save file that shows within the Emulator.

Done deal..

Now i'm sorry if I broke any rules on here by posting how to do all this.. But its a lot safer than people rooting their phones in order to cheat on the game..

Hope this helps someone..
Enjoy

Edit:
One more thing
In order to give ES File Explorer root access, the app SuperSU may be needed to give it superuser access, if that's the case it can be obtained via the Play Store on the Emulator.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

Not seeing any rules broken here, just a great tip. Thank you for that write up!
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DigitalIP

Good to know and glad I could help.
And thanks for the reply Angelpoofs :)

Nyzer

Odd. I have a couple Galaxy phones and I've never needed to have them rooted or to simulate root access in order to move save files. I didn't know this was a thing with any of them o_O

DigitalIP

October 15, 2016, 05:33:04 pm #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:32:30 pm by DigitalIP
Well I suppose it could depend on the Androids version, possibly could depend on the Carrier as well I guess.. But as far as Android versions 5 and 6 go the files are hidden, for me at least.

But on both the S5 and S7 the files are hidden.. But being able to cheat using the Emulator is fine by me.. Not to mention being able to play FFT on a bigger screen than what a phone or tablet has makes it even better.

If this helps anyone to further enjoy FFT, please leave a message.
I really hope i'm not the only one enjoying FFT and cheating on it this way lol.

DigitalIP

FFT Wotl is now on Sale for 70% off for a few days, so nows the time to get it!

Archamus

Has anyone else had luck with editing the android game saves?

I have rooted devices and have also tried an emulator on my PC.

I can find the save and transfer it between devices, however every time I've tried to edit the save file the game stops recognizing that I have any saves.

This happens even if I change nothing and simply load the file up and then use save as to overwrite the original.
  • Modding version: WotL

DigitalIP

Cant really say man
Ive never been able to do it on an actual phone as id rather not risk bricking a phone.

But as you own the game, you could just do it the Memu way like I am which is explained above. Works flawlessly.
You could even transfer your save and use it on Memu so you don't have to start over. Myself I only have 2 save slots occupied. which, if you have a number of them that could maybe be an issue?

Also
How many save slots do you have occupied? while i'm not sure I believe the editor edits all save slots, not just the one you actually want changed. cant be sure though but that's how looked to me.

Have you tried backing up your main save, deleting it from the save directory, starting a new game till you can save and tried editing on a fresh game save?
could help you pinpoint something possibly

nitwit

Since Android runs Java, and there are tools for decompiling JARs, does anyone think we could get source code for FFT from the Android FFT APK?

Archamus

Quote from: DigitalIP on December 05, 2016, 10:04:38 am
Cant really say man
Ive never been able to do it on an actual phone as id rather not risk bricking a phone.

But as you own the game, you could just do it the Memu way like I am which is explained above. Works flawlessly.
You could even transfer your save and use it on Memu so you don't have to start over. Myself I only have 2 save slots occupied. which, if you have a number of them that could maybe be an issue?

Also
How many save slots do you have occupied? while i'm not sure I believe the editor edits all save slots, not just the one you actually want changed. cant be sure though but that's how looked to me.

Have you tried backing up your main save, deleting it from the save directory, starting a new game till you can save and tried editing on a fresh game save?
could help you pinpoint something possibly

I've tried all of these things and it wasn't working.

Every time I saved my file in Lion Editor it actually made the file slightly smaller and it wouldn't work. I found an older version on a post here about using it with IOS saves and that one is keeping the same file size and works perfectly.

Here is the post where I found the older version that works in case anyone else finds their way here with the same issue I had.
  • Modding version: WotL

DigitalIP

Just an update
Good news, the latest Memu and possibly the very recent update to WoTL, the game is properly working again.
YAYYY!!!!