• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:52:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Celdia

After a few false starts, Elia eventually finds the vendor that sold to Hogarth and points her in the general direction that the barbarian stalked off to.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Celdia

Time passes and you find yourselves all near and around the Mage's Guild, as if fate had somehow guided you back together. The guildhall in question stands separate from the buildings around it, a high stone wall surrounding the magically-erected building, a wide metal gate held open during the daytime to allow patrons to come and go as they please. Some small bits of apple adorn one of the walls, a tiny pile of cores below it, across from where Hogarth is idling on the side of the street. Massive pillars that appear to be made entirely from a solid piece of marble support the roof over the front terrace. The rest of the building, also crafted in marble of various shades and patterns, is fairly large compared to most of the other structures you've passed in the city thus far.
          The foot traffic in and out of the gate is rather impressive but not unexpected considering the size of the guildhall. Many people of all race and description seem to have various business here with the guild. Mostly leaving are people carrying various scrolls, bottles, potions and tinctures for who knows what. Its obvious that the services of the guild are open to the general public, though it seems as if you need to know what you're looking for to get any assistance.

st4rw4k3r

Elia spots Hogarth and dashes over to greet her. "Hello friend. I have been sent by Yvonne to notify everyone that we have an Inn to stay at for the night, and dinner." Elia smiles waiting to see how Hogarth replies.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn looks around, noticing the apple-adorned Mage's Guild wall before turning to see Hogarth and Elia, letting out half-amused sigh.  He slowly saunters over to see what his other companions are up to, introduce his old-new friend, and to see if he could get Hogarth to watch his cart while he's inside the Guild Hall on his rhino-errands since his memory makes him pretty sure Hogarth would want nothing from within the Guild Hall's walls.

st4rw4k3r

Seeing that Rhyhorn is next to Hogarth and her, Elia turns to greet him. "Hello Rhyhorn. Did Yvon-" She cuts off her sentence as she notices Yvonne and someone else are with him. "Ah good you found Rhyhorn." She turns to the unfamiliar person "Hello my name is Elia, traveling priest of Odinn. Speaking of which..." She looks down at Rhyhorn. "Unless now is not a good time, might I inquire the obtainment of my holy symbol?"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn nods, moving to ensure no passer-by would easily see what he's about to do as he slowly pukes the Holy Symbol up and gently onto the ground, as dry and undamaged as when he first received it... possibly even a bit shinier and newer looking.  He then turns his head and hacks a bit, a tiny bit of what appeared to be rock-dust also coming up and out.  He then reaches into his pouch of ALL THE MONEY, slowly pulling out 38 platinum for each Hogarth and Elia, their respective shares of the loot from the Orc battle previous.

st4rw4k3r

"Thank you for hiding my symbol. I can't believe people would even hate Odin so..." Elia grabs her Symbol off the ground and ties it around her neck. Then she picks up the Platinum Pieces and places them in her money sack. "Thank you Rhyhorn." Elia turns to face Yvonne. "So that leaves Xun to be notified. assuming you haven't already meet up with him."

Ryqoshay

November 18, 2011, 05:54:29 pm #227 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:42:13 pm by Ryqoshay
   Yvonne shrugs, "I ain' seen the guy since I left the tavern." She starts darting around excitedly. "Now, it's time fer a shopping spree!" She cheers, holding her hands up before preparing to speed off towards the guildhouse to buy scrolls.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Celdia

November 18, 2011, 05:57:05 pm #228 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:11:30 pm by Celdia
           As Yvonne is about to fly into the guildhall there is a blood-curdling cry from up above, along with a bright light and the smashing of glass. Bursting out of a window in the guildhall up above the entrance comes what appears to be a waterfall of flames pouring down into the courtyard, sending people shouting and running for cover. In mere moments, the flames have swirled together and coalesced into a huge, humanoid figure - the upper half resembling a head, torso and arms, the lower half being just a solid column of flames.
           The heat rising off of the fire elemental feels intense even at this distance. The rush of people trying to get into the guildhall to escape the creature is also effectively cutting off the most likely source of help by making it impossible for anyone to get out. A quick assessment of the area reveals that of all the people present, the only ones not running for their lives is your party. If something isn't done to stop this rogue elemental, or at the very least delay it, the courtyard will be filling with corpses.

Battle Pane Start

Objective: Delay or destroy the fire elemental.
Bonus Objectives:
- Defeat the fire elemental before anyone from the Mage's Guild can arrive to assist.
- Prevent the fire elemental from harming any of the innocent bystanders.
Weather: Early afternoon, clear and sunny.
Terrain: Cobblestone.

Knowledge Check: Moderate Success - You can tell by the elemental's size that it has Natural Reach. This means it can attack anything at Melee Range or at Reach Range (1 or 2 squares). If you try to approach it recklessly, it can get a free attack on you as you pass through it's attack range from Reach to Melee. Staying at Reach distance will not give it a free attack against you. You can spend 1 Action to approach cautiously, or you can Charge it (2 Actions, -2 Defense, +8 Melee Skill for the turn - also requires at least 2 empty squares between you and it and you must move in a straight line) to get into range before it can strike you. You are also aware that this creature has some natural resistance to non-magical damage.

DM Fiat: Since NinjaWeazel has been a little sick lately and unable to post frequently, I'm declaring he was quietly following Elia since I promised him I'd keep Xun on autopilot for him. Hey hey the gang's all here.

Terrain Notes: Those walls on the map are a good 15 feet high. You can't see through them, nor attack through them. If you can get on top of them though, you can stand up there since they're a good 5 feet wide. I won't say I'm recommending this, since the elemental will also be able to reach up that high to attack, but the option of high ground is there assuming you can make use of it.

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Sunday, Nov. 20th, 8pm EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Allies Condition

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 43/43
Defense: 18
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 0

Elia
~Stats~
HP: 20/20
Defense: 16
Movement: 6
Endurance: 5
Reflex Speed: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Ranged Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 5

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 42/42
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Melee Skill: 28
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 21/21
Defense: 20
Endurance: 1
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/8
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

Ryqoshay

November 18, 2011, 08:38:08 pm #229 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:39:18 pm by Ryqoshay
((Request Knowledge Check on the creature's fire resistence and spells known.))

RavenOfRazgriz

November 18, 2011, 08:38:28 pm #230 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:56:35 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Rhyhorn steps back a moment as the fire elemental enters, looking around at the fleeing people, only one course of action entering his mind as he slips out of his harnesses.  He digs his foot into the ground, Expanding in size before Charging at the beast with all his might, letting off a powerful Roar as he closes the distance.   After his powerful charge allows him to make melee contact with the elemental, he moves quickly to grapple and pin the searing flame elemental underneath him, trying to buy enough time for all the people around to flee and hoping his allies will back him out before his rocky hide gives out.

Free Action) Slip from my Cart's harness.

Action 1) Use Expansion.

Action 2 and Action 3) Charge and attack the Fire Elemental, boosting my attack with a powerful Roar (Focus is lost.)

Action 4) Grapple and Pin the rampaging Fire Elemental with my enlargened, 1-ton stone rhinoceros body, likely taking large amounts of searing fiery pain from so much direct contact with it.

EmmaNigma

Confronted with a magical elemental, which is basically a naturally occurring wizard, and seeing Rhyhorn has distracted it, Hogarth's temper boils over and activates her Rage (Action1). "BY THE HOARY FROST OF N'LGGN!" she howls, dashing straight toward the elemental, leaping, and drawing her axe in seemingly one smooth, deft movement (Action2). She brings her axe down on the living flame (Action3), and upon landing, swing her axe around for another slice at the foul creature (Action4).

1)Activate Rage
2-3)Charge/leap/unsheath/slice
4)Attack again
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Kalas

Taken aback by the sudden burst of danger, and the almost immediate response of her rhino friend and the enraged woman near to her, Nathalie rushes to the guild hall gate (14, H) (Action 1). "Careful everyone! Don't panic! It'd really suck for me if you died!" She shouted, as she readied her crossbow (Action 2) and let bolts fly toward the fiery abomination. Brimming with adrenaline, Nathalie quickly reloaded her crossbow and shot at the elemental two more times (Actions 3, 4).

NinjaWeazel

(still sick, will edit this to make it properly weeaboo fightan awesome later)

1) enter Punishing Stance
2) move to I12
3) smack the fire elemental with Divine Rune of Thunder
4) smack it again with Word of Binding

Ryqoshay

November 18, 2011, 10:26:32 pm #234 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:53:53 am by Ryqoshay
   "Dwaa~~w... It's so cute!" Yvonne coos as she sees the fiery behemoth. "Wait, why is ev'rione runnin'? It just wants ta play!" Her eyes widen as the stone rhino's size increases. "Mega-Rhyhorn!" (1, 2, 3) she cheers and laughs before flying strait up to clear the wall, then over to go even higher and end up above the living flame. From this vantage point, she can easily watch the barbarian charge as well. "Go Hogarth!" she shouts before noticing a new arrival. "Xun! Where ya' been? Elia's got yer key fer yer room! Make sure ta get it when we're done playin' 'ere!" Finally, the fire sprite turns her attention to the fire elemental. "Alright, big guy, ya wanna play with fire?" she says, moving her hands into position to hold her imaginary globe. "Le's play!" Ash drifts down from her palm to gather in the center, creating a molten pebble. "But I gotta warn ya, yer gonna get burned!" (4) The fire Lirai does what she loves best and sends a mini-meteorite screaming towards her foe and anxiously anticipates the crater it could make.

Actions
1, 2, 3: Fly up and over wall to end up 10 squares above I11.
4: Cast Kelgore's Fire Bolt

st4rw4k3r

November 18, 2011, 10:44:33 pm #235 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:52:07 pm by st4rw4k3r
    "Oh my!" Elia says in awe at the sight of the fire elemental. "I can't believe! An elemental!" She then notices that it is burning shit down. "Oh"
   Rhyhorn begins to expand, Elia runs to him. 1) and before he can take off, places a hand on him. "May faith protect you!" 2) She then places her hand on her chest and casts another spell. 3) "Play... I can't help but to kinda agree with Yvonne here, sarcastic her comment or not." She says as she moves closer in. 4)

1) Run to J16
2) Cast Shield of Faith on Rhyhorn
3) Cast Resistance on Herself
4) Run to J14

Celdia

Turn 1 Resolution

"Oh my! I can't believe! An elemental!" Elia exclaims as she examines the towering pillar of humanoid flames. Being somewhat less in awe, Yvonne chimes in cheerfully, "Dwaa~~w... It's so cute! Wait, why is ev'rione runnin'? It just wants ta play!" The elemental roars, a sound like a burning building collapsing on itself, the beast lunging at people fleeing as if it was taking some perverse pleasure from their fear. While it seems content for the moment to just terrorize the bystanders, the party is not so idle. Hogarth gets a wild look in her eyes and cries out "BY THE HOARY FROST OF N'LGGN!" as an extraordinary power fills her, the berserker's madness taking hold as she rushes the fiery monster. Beside her, Rhyhorn steadies himself as his innate power manifests, causing him to grow to the size of a small wagon, displacing his cart and making the cobblestones beneath his feet crack under his weight. Seeing this causes the pixie to senselessly blurt out, "Mega-Rhyhorn!" before she begins a rapid ascent over the courtyard.
          "Careful everyone! Don't panic! It'd really suck for me if you died!" Nathalie calls out as she dashes to the side, grabbing her crossbow and finding a good location to snipe the elemental from.  Nearby, Elia has closed the distance between herself and Rhyhorn, her hands aglow with divine power. Speaking a short prayer of "May faith protect you!" she touches her ally's stony hide gently and for a brief moment a shimmering barrier of light flickers into existence around him before the magic settles into place and is ready to turn aside the dangerous flames. Dashing past around them both, Xun silently closes on the burning behemoth, his oversized sword held high. Yvonne cheers on Hogarth as the barbarian woman draws her axe in mid-charge and lunges at the elemental, bringing the heavy greataxe down into the center-mass of it, tearing away a chunk of what looks like burning pitch which quickly burns out on the ground. The beast howls with a sound like a wildfire consuming a forest, its former sadistic glee now replaced with burning anger. It brings the full fury of its attention to focus on the elf, slamming her with one of its huge arms, setting her alight in the process. High above, Yvonne's words get lost in the cacophony of the battle as the newly-enlarged Rhyhorn tears across the courtyard, sounding much like a whole stampede of beasts with the cobblestones crunching into sand under his magnified weight. With a mighty roar,he drives his powerful horn directly into the beast, tearing another piece of primal fire out of his target and getting burned for his efforts.
          Having found herself a place beside the courtyard gate to snipe from, Nathalie lets fly with her crossbow, before quickly reloading and firing again. The small bolts glitter with magical power and while they strike true, they leave only tiny holes in the beast's body which quickly close around the enchanted projectiles. The lirai having reached an acceptable altitude taunts the beast, "Alright, big guy, ya wanna play with fire? Le's play! But I gotta warn ya, yer gonna get burned!" while gathering arcane energy between her hands. She looses the firebolt down, striking the beast directly in the head, but to her dismay it seems to just absorb the small fireball into its own body. Upon hearing the pixie's taunts, Elia quips "Play... I can't help but to kinda agree with Yvonne here, sarcastic her comment or not." as she lays a small protective spell upon herself and moves up to a position where she can better aid her allies.
          As Xun finally works his way around the fire elemental, the burning hulk takes a swing at the swordsman for carelessly approaching. The massive arm connects with a resounding thud, staggering Xun and making his blade unsteady. Even as he summons up his martial power to infuse his blade with power, the swing goes wide and the power is wasted. However, while the beast is distracted with Xun's attack, Rhyhorn takes the opportunity to put his weight to good use, rearing up and crashing down onto the elemental, attempting to pin the beast to the ground. The delicate sound of thunder fills the courtyard as stone and flame meet and it appears as if Rhyhorn is attempting to catch the elemental in a tie-up. With the beast temporarily bound with Rhyhorn, both Xun and Hogarth have an easier time making their weapons connect, each one striking solidly into the beast's flaming hide. Runes flare with power as Xun's blade connects, creating a field of binding power to constrict around the behemoth. With a roar of outrage the beast strikes wildly at Rhyhorn with both arms, each blow driving straight through the protective ward around him and taking a sizable chunk out of his stone body, igniting him as well.

Objective: Delay or destroy the fire elemental.
Bonus Objectives:
- Defeat the fire elemental before anyone from the Mage's Guild can arrive to assist.
- Prevent the fire elemental from harming any of the innocent bystanders.
Weather: Early afternoon, clear and sunny.
Terrain: Cobblestone.

Warning!: Two of your allies are on fire! (Indicated by the red glow around their tokens) If they are not extinguished before the end of the Turn they will take additional Fire damage equivalent to a Power 14 attack.
Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Monday, Nov. 21st, 10am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Allies Condition

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 11/43  (Burning)
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16

Elia
~Stats~
HP: 20/20
Endurance: 5
Magic Resistance: 9
Melee Skill: 14
Magic Skill: 5

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 27/48 (Burning)
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Magic Skill: -100

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 1/21
Defense: 20
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/8
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

Ryqoshay

November 19, 2011, 10:21:00 am #237 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:35:23 pm by Ryqoshay
   "Well I'll be an Azer's uncle..." Yvonne utters as she realizes her attack was ineffective. "I guess ya can't really fight fire with fire..." She pauses for a moment. "Very well then." She points her right index finger accusingly at the elemental. "You, who hurt my friends; Must Parish!" she intones gravely as brilliant white arcane energy coalesces to roughly resemble an arrow bigger than her that floats parallel to her forearm. (1) "I cast a spell!" she announces, releasing the luminescent bolt. Despite it not being her favorite evocation, the flame fey knows full well its effectiveness and thus immediately swaps arms and prepares it again. (2) "I'm casting Magic Missile!" she cries joyously, unleashing the second mystic projectile. The shear pleasure of utilizing the magicks within her makes it hard for her to contain her excitement.  (3, 4) "I am Yvonne, Sorcerer of Fire!"

Actions
1, 2, 3, 4: Cast Magic Missile*

*If target is dead, stop casting.

NinjaWeazel

Xun hisses furiously through clenched teeth, pretty sure the elemental just cracked most of his ribs in a single shot.  Realizing his paper and ink would simply burn in the heat of the elemental, he runs his fingertip across his bloodied lips and reaches out to draw a series of mystic runes on the rhyhorn's stony hide. (1)  "Forgive, rhyhorn.  Unsanitary but neccesary."  He then takes a moment to focus on himself, drawing up a wellspring of personal energy (2,3) before inscribing the same runes on his chest. (4)

1) Rune of Mending on the rhyhorn, punishing stance gives +4 power to everybody in Close range.
2, 3) Vital recovery.  Heal 6 HP and restore used maneuvers.
4) Rune of Mending on myself

RavenOfRazgriz

November 19, 2011, 11:43:15 am #239 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:49:54 am by RavenOfRazgriz
Rhyhorn roars in agony and anger as the Fire Elemental's attacks sink in, beginning to assault the beast in a frenzied rage, his primary goal to keep it pinned so Hogarth and the others can continue to commence RIP AND TEAR duties.

Action 1) Use Healing Belt (3 Charges) to recover some HP.

Action 2-4) Attempt to Fully Pin the Fire Elemental.  If Rhyhorn can act and the Fire Elemental is Pinned, use Horn Attack.