• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTacText for PSP

Started by Beowulf cadmus, June 04, 2009, 03:56:22 pm

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 03:56:22 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
I'm a brand new member. I'm new to this forum but I'm not new to CFW or fft wotl. The only thing I don't understand is FFTacText. Ive started it up fine, but every time I patch my ISO whenever I start the game the in-game status is completely messed up. I hope someone replies quickly

philsov

June 04, 2009, 04:05:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
1) WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

2) Are you using the most recent version of tactext?  It's been updated from the version available on the main page download.

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3040
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 04:10:27 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
Thanks alot. Its great to meet you. I'll try downloading that and using it later.

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 04:15:08 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
I'm curious though. Since I now have a new version, what skillset should I give the Paladin I've been working on. And is the holy knight sprite with the custom sprite downloads a good sprite to use. If not, what is a good one.

LastingDawn

June 04, 2009, 04:20:48 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I'd say stick with the basics, remember where the FF Paladin came from, which was Cecil, I'd say start with something like that, perhaps use his DS set of spells.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 04:29:43 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
Thanks. I'm still learning how to edit sprites. I haven't made any yet, but I haven't tried. I'm very good with the Patcher and Lioneditor. And I know how to replace sprites with Shishi Sprite Editor. I guess thats pretty ok for me. I'm sure I'll learn as long as I stick to the forum here. In fact just today I replaced Guest Rapha (H79) with Sephiroth. I made him a soldier, gave him his weapon of choice, the masamune, the Genji Helm, Armor, and Shield. As an accesory I gave him a Ribbon like a few bosses do. His secondary action ability is Ja- Magicks from Zalera which I gave EVERY -Ja ability to. I really like Gravija because it's just like Sin- Harvest Angel. Is this a cool setup?

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 04:31:31 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
Oh, and I made limits usable with the masamune.

philsov

June 04, 2009, 04:31:34 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
agreed.  something with minor white magic and maybe a swordskill or two should suffice.

QuoteIs this a cool setup?

So long as he stays a guest, yes.

If the joinup Rapha is Sephiroth... doing 999 to everything with custom characters gets very boring very quickly.

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 04:37:19 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
Yeah, I didn't overpower him too much. I didn't give him outrageous stats, I've just been a fan of Sephiroth since I got Kingdom Hearts One (I've beat him in KH2 but still cant defeat him in KH1). Oh and could you guys be patient with me. FFT WotL is my first Final Fantasy game. I haven't played any others yet, unless you count Dissidia which I am planning to get when it comes out in the US.

philsov

June 04, 2009, 04:42:02 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Beowulf cadmus"Yeah, I didn't overpower him too much. I didn't give him outrageous stats, I've just been a fan of Sephiroth since I got Kingdom Hearts One (I've beat him in KH2 but still cant defeat him in KH1). Oh and could you guys be patient with me. FFT WotL is my first Final Fantasy game. I haven't played any others yet, unless you count Dissidia which I am planning to get when it comes out in the US.

Well... you get points for not being a FF7 fanboy at least  :roll:

anyways, Cecil paladin is the textbook FF paladin.  His skillset was something like Cover (takes damage for wounded allies -- rather hard to work with FFT though), Cure2, Esuna... and then a couple fluff abilities which also have little bearing in the FFT world.

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 04:47:54 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
Don't worry. I'm planning to get more FF games. What is the best one? FFT WotL was absolutely perfect for me. I love Tactical games but not many of them have a good storyline. I got this one and it had great music, story, gameplay, and I especially liked the characters in it. I had never seen Balthier before this, I heard he was in it and I expected him to be completely different. Beowulf is awesome to as you can tell by my username. What's funny is I am not too fond of Ramza. I mean he's cool, but he could look a bit cooler. Delita rules though.

LastingDawn

June 04, 2009, 05:21:17 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ramza was meant to examplify the noble hero, but in doing so, was pushed down and trodden by the world around him, as Ramza puts it "Well meaning heroes of any age are always at odds with the rules", or something as such. His theme was also rather tragic, poor guy. A terrific connection between Sakimoto, Matsuno, and Yoshida, Ramza is lovingly naive to a lot of things and is endlessly trusting. His theme is tragic, his character design is innocent and the story Matsuno molded for him is almost tear jerking. I love Ramza's design!

Art of War

philsov

June 04, 2009, 05:25:05 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
FF6 I think was the best one, but the other SNES era games (4 and 5) are pretty high on the list.

LastingDawn

June 04, 2009, 05:26:10 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
FFT was the spiritual successor to FF5, so I would suggest you try that second if you liked FFT.

Art of War

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 05:27:45 pm #14 Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:30:32 pm by Beowulf cadmus
oh, im sorry. He's got a cool look, I just mean with little things like his costume. Why wasn't he given some neat armor like Delita or Gaffgarion? Long story short, I think hes an awesome character, but the designers could of made him look cooler. Your right about the fact that hes a hero. Hes the best hero that I've seen in a video game for a while. In fact, in my opinion he's second only to Link (From Nintento). Speaking of which, is there a sprite I could download for him. Thanks for all your speedy replies and great answers, I hope I didn't make you hate me for saying that.

LastingDawn

June 04, 2009, 05:30:03 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
There is a sprite Almost completed! But the fellow who was working on him gave up, let me see if I can't find it...

Art of War

philsov

June 04, 2009, 05:32:28 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteWhy wasn't he given some neat armor like Delita or Gaffgarion?

Because he's basically fighting against both the nobles and the church, leading to little to no formal training.  This is also why we never see him as a holy knight or other class along those lines.

Also, don't diss the buttpants.

All completed custom sprites are found here:
http://www.ffhacktics.com/sprites.php

No link =\

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 05:38:42 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
Ramza should definatly of been given a base job with a more useful abilities. Holy Knight, Divine Knight, or Ark Knight would be good. Or maybe just have him build up from his squire job. I was thinking about that once. Maybe once you completely master his Squire, a side quest becomes available and you can change his base job but still use Mettle for Shout, Tailwind, or Steel. Ultima I guess, but thats pretty useless unless you are a MA class. I love those. You should see my version of Cletienne.

LastingDawn

June 04, 2009, 05:44:57 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, Squire in itself was a "symbol". Matsuno makes his games about every day people thrust into extraordinary circumstances. "Squire" is to show that he never attained anything greater in the views of the world. Everyone of your other specials earned their titles. Ramza never did, he is dead to the world after Chapter 1, an outcast from society after the Queklain incident. While I don't fully agree with it... (I think Ramza should have went Squire, Mercenary, Heretic...) I can see where Matsuno came from in that respects.

Art of War

Beowulf cadmus

June 04, 2009, 05:53:42 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Beowulf cadmus
I cant believe that this board is titled FFTacText for PSP. We haven't said much on that topic. What are some cool jobs that people have made and what skillsets and abilities do they have? I guess I should say this, but my unhacked file is still super awesome. It has every special character, Tons of Rare Equipment caught via Sticky Fingers at Midlights Deep, and a lot of multiplayer equipment. I have a friend that I play this with. He has a lot of FF games. He's good at those but when I fought him in Melee I completely murdered him. LastingDawn its an honor to communicate with someone of your wisdom.