• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Pride's ASM Thread (MP Switch overflow damages HP)

Started by Pride, April 04, 2011, 07:12:17 am

Pride

I can fix that pretty easily. Would you prefer magical or physical? Want it to rely on a X value?

I know how to do the second one, not super difficult... I'll consider it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Dome

I'd like to make arrow guard block Guns, bow, crossbows, and act like Catch at the same time for 1.4
It's possible?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

FFMaster

That is very possible. I can whip it up in a few minutes if you like.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Pride

FDC has already done these.

BATTLE.BIN
0x1213FC
0x12145C
C4

Arrow Guard now blocks gunshots.
BATTLE.BIN
0x126128 change 0xF5 to 0xF6
0x12612C change 0x02 to 0x03

Dome

It's possible (And if it's possible, how?) to implement both of them at the same time?

Pride

May 27, 2011, 06:29:19 pm #65 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:42:01 pm by Pride
Give me a minute and I'll create an xml for you to be added in the same folder with fftorgASM

Edit: Uploaded.

Dome

Pride

The Damned

(Weird how the day flies by even when I'm awake. Such nothingness.)

Don't know how I missed this.

Quote from: Pride on May 27, 2011, 02:44:38 pm
I can fix that pretty easily. Would you prefer magical or physical? Want it to rely on a X value?

I know how to do the second one, not super difficult... I'll consider it.

I'd prefer physical, personally, but I'm sure that some people would prefer magical.

Would having it rely on X change anything? I'm guessing it wouldn't, but I still don't know a damn thing about coding when it comes down to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was incorrect.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pride

Well adding a "x" value means it would take the x into the accuracy, such as the revive formula (PA + X). If you didn't want it, the accuracy would only be affected by physical evasion (shield, class ev, etc.)

The Damned

(*slaps forehead*)

Ah, right. Well, I don't really need that. Besides, wouldn't adding X make it so that the accuracy by default is less than 100%?

But, yeah, I don't really need that for what I want to do. ...Although, if it doesn't automatically weaken the accuracy too much [read: by -15%], then sure, why not...outside of more work for you.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pride

May 28, 2011, 03:00:32 pm #71 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:01:04 pm by Pride
Updated my other formula 11 (Dmg_(Y)) to include physical evasion but no "x" value in it.

Dome

When a unit is charging/performing, it takes extra damage from attacks
It's possible to remove this effect?

DrBreen

Pride,i wonder,will it be hard to change formula 11(or some other unused formula) to "Hit_(X)%",X-value in FFTPatcher?
So it'll be easy to create,for example,things like Inflict Dead at 30%. Or something like that.
Or just remove NS from Dance/Sing formula.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: DrBreen on May 29, 2011, 11:50:53 am
Pride,i wonder,will it be hard to change formula 11(or some other unused formula) to "Hit_(X)%",X-value in FFTPatcher?
So it'll be easy to create,for example,things like Inflict Dead at 30%. Or something like that.

There's no reason you can't convert the Hit_(100%) into Hit_(X%) besides the fact that Square coded the Hit_(100%) formula like a bunch of retarded monkeys.  Like, he could probably reduce it to under a tenth of its current size while making it Hit_(X%), lol.

Pride

Quote from: Dome on May 29, 2011, 10:33:33 am
When a unit is charging/performing, it takes extra damage from attacks
It's possible to remove this effect?

Here's a new .xml with removing the damage boost

Quote from: DrBreenPride,i wonder,will it be hard to change formula 11(or some other unused formula) to "Hit_(X)%",X-value in FFTPatcher?

I'll see about it

Dome

RavenOfRazgriz

May 30, 2011, 01:36:54 pm #78 Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:00:12 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
This is a slightly updated version of the spreadsheet I posted earlier.  After talking to Pride, I was able to update it to allow any single Headgear/Bodygear/Accessory to allow the double proc rate instead of just any Accessory.  If that tickles your fancy, download this one instead.  Adding Weapons/Shields to the mix would require changing the hack slightly, but if he does it, expect a third update.  Else, enjoy.

Durbs

May 30, 2011, 08:32:32 pm #79 Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:33:37 pm by Durbs
Cool. Any chance these formulas could go on a new FFTorgASM for us simpletons? Some of them are particularly epic (white wind, looking at you), but I have no idea how to implement them with my limited knowledge.