• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:57 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Cantor Job Discussion Thread (Rad/Ramza Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, December 06, 2008, 05:40:30 pm

LastingDawn

December 08, 2008, 04:42:33 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, after a bit of talking on IRC, we came to a conclusion, the move is based off of Dormin Jake's lullaby move, it's called Lethargic Psalm, and recovers 65% HP of a single allied unit, in the cost of putting them to sleep and slowing them. if the ally is already asleep or slowed, the spell will not work.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dormin Jake

December 08, 2008, 04:56:49 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Alright, after a bit of talking on IRC, we came to a conclusion, the move is based off of Dormin Jake's lullaby move, it's called Lethargic Psalm, and recovers 65% HP of a single allied unit, in the cost of putting them to sleep and slowing them. if the ally is already asleep or slowed, the spell will not work.
Woohoo I'm famous!  This has struck a chord for sleepy, HP critical people the world over.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

The Damned

December 08, 2008, 05:28:43 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
^ That pun shall be your requiem.

So...LastingDawn, did you decide on what equipment Cantor should have? I ask because I personally don't have a problem with both Swords and Flails despite thinking the former are too widespread throughout fantasy.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

LastingDawn

December 08, 2008, 05:35:03 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Swords and Flails seem appropriate, since part of the vision of Cantor is to slightly mirror Minwu, the best way to do that is give them his equipment options, though... I think Book's with their Definite increased amount and purpose should go to Cantor's as well. Basically, books will probably become the Magic Class staple, so instead of Swords, books sound fine. Books, Shields, Flails, and Staves. Clothing choices, Hats and Robes, no clothes for the Cantor, only robes.

Art of War

The Damned

December 08, 2008, 06:00:10 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Ah, so you're doing the Book thing too? I feel more reassured with that route then.

Well, I guess everything's prety much done with this already. Are you going to open a new thread for another class then?

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

boomkick

December 08, 2008, 06:06:40 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I have to disagree with shields a little bit, i don't see how someone who sings would want to swing a shield around while singing away.

LastingDawn

December 08, 2008, 06:16:26 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Yes, but it's to the character they are going to fit into. The Cantor isn't a weak mage type, he's probably the second strongest of the Mages. The classes that can wield Shields are...

Knight
Geomancer
Warder

Hessian
Red Mage

Currently only 3 normal classes can equip Shields, I see no reason for it to be so inclusive, also it will be another thing that will make the Cantor's unique. Since their sprite is completely based on Minwu, who wields a Shield and is a White Mage at the same time. While Cantor's aren't exactly White Mages anymore... they are close enough to warrant a similar look.

Art of War

LastingDawn

December 08, 2008, 07:31:20 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well... two changes, I can't seem to make it so you can only hit with Lethargy Psalm, only once... regardless, I will leave it as it is, only testing will tell how abusable it can become.

The other change is to deal with Coranach to Lucavi, which originally was just supposed to be percent based, but is now Based on lack of Faith and a maximum of six hits, the damage is minimal, but each strike has a 25% chance to apply all of the aforementioned status, also  you were right The Damned, I've changed Insane Chant to make it only happen once, as consecutive damage, does break the effect, which is why I've changed Confusion in Coronach to Lucavi to Blind.

Art of War

The Damned

December 08, 2008, 08:04:56 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Well, it's good that you tested that out already. I remember being annoyed that whenever I use Space Storage, like 75% of the time it ever hits a status, it's Confusion, which is then subsequently dispelled by the technique decide to hit once again.

._.

boomkick

December 12, 2008, 01:27:57 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
So is the Cantor subject complete or do u need more suggestions LD?

LastingDawn

December 12, 2008, 07:48:36 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Nope, Cantor is 100% done by this point, we just need a new sprite (which is being worked on), but any suggestions on RSM will be examined though.

Art of War

LastingDawn

Resurrection!

Ignore that last post. Cantor needs 6 new skills. The themes of splitting for these is almost complete as it stands, so in essence it's not too important. Just remember to keep the theme of different variants of music and shouting, that have been set up as its theme.

Art of War

Gotwald

How about:

Cry of salvation - A quick shout to immediatly restore an allies strength. It is instant, but has a high MP cost, and is a average strength heal. I say average because I am not sure of the health scaling in Mercs, but it would be the effect of at least half of a light armor wearers health. If possible, it wouldn't be faithbased, as it is just the sound of his voice which urges the ally to recover quickly. (you could also use the wish formula for this actually, now that I think about it, but the idea of a instant high MP heal is the whole point.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

LastingDawn

As with Gambler, the Cantor's Lucavi's Coronach has been updated with the formula...

(100-CasF)*(100-TarF)* (Move + 6) * Current MP/2 #Hit Rdm 6

This is once again all thanks to FFMaster!

Cry of Salvation... hmm, I'd like to know what Philsov would have to say on that.

Art of War

LastingDawn

Skillset has been updated on the first post! As with the others, knowing your thoughts on this would help ease the process a fair amount.

Art of War