• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:09:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Let there be democracy

Started by Xifanie, November 30, 2010, 07:41:11 am

Xifanie

November 30, 2010, 07:41:11 am Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:32:09 am by Xifanie
Let's not lie, these days are rough for me and FFH is not helping. The decisions I take put a considerable amount of stress and I've reached my limit...
Since you people don't like my decisions anyway, I hope someone else is better fit for the post.

So, Presidential candidates, speak your word here. In 3 days I'll create a topic to allow people to vote.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Wiz

November 30, 2010, 09:54:12 am #1 Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:45:57 pm by Wiz
By Dome:
"Zodiac, as I already said in IRC, this "Fresh start", as you call it, won't change the fact that someone will always complain, no matter what: It's impossible to make everyone happy. But, it's also true that this is a very painful/hard moment for you, and you don't have much time/will to stay here in the FFHotel...
Remember, even if you banned me for my bluewaffle post, I will miss you (The only thing I won't miss is the g0d hate...who cares if there is a magic being in the sky or not?)

Anyway, back to business...I don't think I'm the best suited for this role, but it's also true that I'm good at taking insults and I'm also very tollerant...so I'd like to propose myself
And, even if I'm not going to become the new Admin, I want to propose myself as the new general mod, because I'm good at organizing things (You can see the CoP section as reference)
I have nothing more to say...
See you next time Zod, and good luck with your life issues!"

END OF DOME'S POST

Hello - said Kage!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

If I may be so bold, I nominate myself.

I know the majority of the community fairly well, except for some of the people who don't come onto IRC very often, and I'm on all the time (thanks in part to my almost-unemployment and lack of a life, apparently. :P)

I try to stay calm and look at both sides of a situation before acting, and ultimately, try to act as fairly to everyone as I can. I know I'm not really a veteran on here, like some people on here are, but I really think that with as much time as I spend on FFH, I could make sure it runs decently in Zodiac's absence. My biggest weakness, I think, would be the technical aspects of running the site, like if it gets hacked again. However, I know there are people out there who could guide me in such a case.

In regards to contributing to the site, I've contributed content for both Mercenaries and Call of Power, and am currently working on my own patch with the help of some other members of the community.

I've seen how this community is run, and I'd follow those methods. So, uh, vote for Eternal for admin for a non-chaotic FFH!

Also, Zodiac, I fully support your decision. But we've spoken about that before. So good luck, and enjoy your new life!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Melancthon

November 30, 2010, 11:19:55 am #3 Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:54:33 pm by Melancthon
Zodiac, you will be missed.

I nominate philsov if he'll take the job.

If phil doesn't want it I think Eternal would be a good candidate.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Zozma

I wasn't expecting this but if that's how its really going down then should there not be a poll on the matter? I'd go for Eternal as well...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

I vote for Et as well. Zod, take your time, and be happy! I remember I really was against your TG stuff too(and you probably remember it too), but thanks to you, I became more tolerant. I know it may sound cliche or anything, but I really am more tolerant now. So See you soon Zod, I will miss you :(

philsov

QuoteI nominate philsov if he'll take the job.

If the front page gets hacked or anything else high-techy occurs I'll have no clue what to do and I'm never in chat.  I wouldn't mind juggling new forums and wielding the banhammer but I have no desire to mess with the behinds the scenes stuff.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kill_Bones

Eternal for sure. And nice hat philsov ;P. You will be missed Zod =-(

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Kokojo

I would gladly propose myself, but I trust my influence on Eternal would be great enought to suffice if I do not agree with stuff. Plus, I am lazy and still unsure about quitting, so that would be shit. So Il vote for Eternal, wich I know can do a lot of work and produce things while keeping a cool head about the banhammer rules.

Zodiac- I know you don't like Eternal (as of my last news), and me, but i'd like to point out your administering of the site was pretty good - not the politics and rules, however. I suggest (and kinda hope) you stay in a administering position just in case something happens that Eternal could not do (change the site, maybe, informatic stuff...?), and continue your work on KoI, wich would be truly amazing for the community.

The thing is - I love this site, but the way personnals views influence it, it is shit.

(vote for me for a lazy site !!)
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

DarkxFatal

Aw..Well, I'm sad you're leaving, or taking a break from FFH Xif. Which ever your choice is, I hope you feel less stressed =)

As for my vote, I too vote for Et. He's pretty smart, and seems to make logical decisions. If anyone was to help keep FFH all nice and neat while you're gone, it'd most likely be Et (and Philsov as well as a few other people, such as Kage)
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

ffta707

Et, because he likes to slap me with large trouts.

No, jk.

Eternal. But philsov should be a moderator IMO.

Alaris

Wahh... community is falling apart MORE!?

Yeesh, what has happened...

Sorry to hear it, Zodiac.  Hope everything goes okay in your life.

My vote WILL be for Eternal when the voting comes up.

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

Skip Sandwich

By all means Zodaic, take all the time away you need, but I do hope that you'll come back sooner or later, even if not in as quite an active role. I've been reading over all the drama that has happened in recent days, culminating in Voldemort's SECOND Ragequit resulting in the unwaranted destruction of other people's work.

*sigh*

anyhow, for what its worth, I have always felt that your admistration of the site has been nothing short of exemplary, and I still have trust in you and your leadership.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

TRC

I announce my candidacy based on the grounds that I was an active poster for appromixately a 3 month period 2 years ago!

All will bow to my presence!

PX_Timefordeath

philsov seems reluctant to take the role, and I don't want to force it on him, so my vote goes to Eternal. Although I think co-adminship to both will be the best choice.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"philsov seems reluctant to take the role, and I don't want to force it on him, so my vote goes to Eternal. Although I think co-adminship to both will be the best choice.
I second some form of co-adminship too, it sounds better tbh.

Eternal

I agree. Many hands make light work, as they say.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kaijyuu

[s:2iat9vv2]I nominate Dome. He's a bit of a spammer, but seems to work well under pressure (considering all the crap you guys give him) and is interested in the site.[/s:2iat9vv2]
EDIT: Seems I'm WAAAY behind the times.

[s:2iat9vv2]If Dome reputation here is too... suspect, then[/s:2iat9vv2] Eternal seems a good candidate to me.

FFMaster

☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Xifanie

No use in voting right now.
Especially if philsov doesn't want to be a candidate solo, or doesn't want to teamwork with Eternal; the choice is up to him.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful