• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:42:21 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTA2 Monster Ability Vaules

Started by OmegaPantherz, October 09, 2014, 11:40:40 am

OmegaPantherz

Does anyone know how i can teach my clan Members Abilities exclusive to Monster enemies in FFTA2 by using the equipment editor. If so what are the Ability values for monster abilities.

Jigi

October 10, 2014, 04:06:14 pm #1 Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:14:05 pm by Jigi
In the abilities.txt file they're in between 0x1F1 (reckless abandon) and 0x336 (critical: quicken). I haven't tried them in battle so i don't know if they work.

Edit: Ya just tried it out for gobblin attack and it doesn't. That's probably why they were left out but, if anyone else has figured out a way around this, please let me know.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Jigi

BadgerLordZeus

Unfortunately you cannot teach A-abilities to jobs using the equipment editor. You can teach jobs Support and Reaction abilities just fine, but to teach Action abilities you would need to edit the ability sets (Arts of War, Black Magick, Flair, etc.) manually via hex to include the desired ability. Now, I don't think this would be very difficult to do if you know where the ability sets are located, but I don't think anybody knows where that portion of data is, at this time.

ArcticPrism

If it's anything like FFTA, it won't work. You'll have issues with the casting animations of the spells and the characters will glitch and likely cause the game to freeze.

Jigi

Quote from: BadgerLordZeus on October 10, 2014, 05:16:53 pm
Unfortunately you cannot teach A-abilities to jobs using the equipment editor. You can teach jobs Support and Reaction abilities just fine, but to teach Action abilities you would need to edit the ability sets (Arts of War, Black Magick, Flair, etc.) manually via hex to include the desired ability. Now, I don't think this would be very difficult to do if you know where the ability sets are located, but I don't think anybody knows where that portion of data is, at this time.

Have you seen this?

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_A2:_Grimoire_of_the_Rift

I'm not much of hacker but there's some useful info regarding addresses.

Jigi

In the wiki it says see list (portrait, ability set, etc) for values. Where are the lists?

FatefulEncounter

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_A2:_Grimoire_of_the_Rift

Has anyone learned more about this? I tried opening the ROM in a Hex editor and going to the offsets for ability sets, but I don't understand what the values correspond to, since they don't seem to have any value lists. I would really like an example of one job's complete ability list in Hex. For example, what would the entire string for the Hume Soldier class look like? Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find anything that had values 27 (First Aid), 28 (Rend Power), etc. in the same lines. I can't even tell what values separate the ability sets from one another  :|