• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:45:20 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

And SWA has been polished. Rather, HAILSTORM has been polished. Check in the teams thread to see.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Elmdork

Order of steel serpent is ready to go, gotta see em' in action. I leave the match up to the host, just preferably not a fire absorb team. I won't get the info I need to make changes if they have to go secondary tactics.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Malroth

December 13, 2013, 02:42:11 am #2622 Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:52:08 am by Malroth
Recorded  Steel Serpents vs Severe weather alert,  and currently uploading to youtube  i'll update this post when its done

Edit:
Reks "Severe Weather Alert" vs Rurouni Elmdor "Order of the Steel Serpent"

Zotis

Well, since Fenire has the obvious Earth weakness I wouldn't want Elunia to be against Benders.  But you could do Assassination Attempt against Benders and Elunia against Status Break Time.  That would be awesome!  :D

Barren

You got it. I can get started this weekend. I also have to redo a couple of matches since Rouroni Elmdor and Reks updated their teams while I have to record them so videos from me are going to take a bit longer
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

That's okay.  You're the best Barren.   :cool:

DomieV

Also could you give me my soon-to-be-updated Two Hands team vs LightningHax's Firmly Grapsed team?

Reks

I made a SLIGHT update. Finally got rid of Chakra on Blizzard (though I could SWEAR I had a long time ago...) and replaced it with Hawk's Eye.

Also, GG Rouroni!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Elmdork

December 13, 2013, 09:08:19 am #2628 Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:53:12 am by Rouroni Elmdor
LOL!!
Great match, reks. SWA was probably one of the first fft arena teams I ever saw, and I was always a fan of the concept. Thanks for posting malroth! I always take your input into consideration when tweaking my teams.

LOLOLOL double counter. Wow. And I think we beat the record for fastest match ever! Malroth is right, sabi is slow and his reflect mail ain't doing jack shit. Well.. amongst other things, I'm not set on him having ninjitsu, I was gonna give him talk skill and let him faith up from a distance, but with muramasa 100% faith procs,I figured his sword would do the talking. He needs germinas boots. I do have a couple questions that would save us some time:

Will faith up with muramasa go off when a unit uses kagesougi and/or southern cross?

One thing I disagree with is that zero will ever have mp problems, unless someone bizen boats her. She only knows ice, fire and frog. Ice costs' 6 mana for an easy 250 damage with a chance of slow proc. That's less than a hawks eye for hardcore black magic damage. Her frugle spells allow her to cast all day long while friendly cure spells trigger mp restore and carbunkle can go off just in case.

Barren

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on December 13, 2013, 09:08:19 am
Will faith up with muramasa go off when a unit uses kagesougi and/or southern cross?

No only a regular melee attack will do it. When faith procs, black magic, summon magic, lore or spell guns do more damage. Also the spells Dia and Holy hurt even more. And yin Yang/time magic have better odds of landing than normal. In fact faith negates (or at least limits) use of the ton skills like Meiton, Fuuton and Suiton. Kagesougi and Southern Cross are physical moves that work differently. Kagesougi can inflict a random status affect regardless of the weapon and Southern Cross is AoE.

So if you are going to be using faith, you can also potentially add oil to the mix as well to do maxium damage possible like using the archer's hawk's eye or the short edge weapon. Of course you need every element (except holy and dark) to cap off high damage from oil

Elmdork

December 13, 2013, 09:38:26 am #2630 Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:44:46 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks, barren. Now that I think about it, there is some scary damage potential. Obviously I have some (major) tweaks to make but this one can turn out deadlier than the last.

Edit: oh sorry if you had to redo the matches, barren. I wouldn't mind seeing the footage, but yeah, they'll look different next time around. Anything and everything is appreciated, so thanks for recording at least.

Barren

You changing it soon because I'm going to begin recording today

Elmdork

December 13, 2013, 09:59:14 am #2632 Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:17:44 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Alright, tweaking wasn't as bad as I thought. Ready to go, barren. Thanks for your patience.

CT5Holy

December 13, 2013, 02:25:07 pm #2633 Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:54:57 pm by CT5Holy
FFT Arena 138d - Zareb (Spoilers) vs Dokurider (Barren Wasteland)

Also plan on recording Fenire's Sing Sang vs Rouroni Elmdor's Order of Steel Serpent.

Barren, want me to help record anything?
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Yes CT. Would you mind recording a match with my Axe In The Face team? Its new but I'm not 100% sure of my units just yet but I have a good idea. Also DomieV's Two Hands vs LightningHax's Firmly Grasp It. And I have Vigilanti's Back On Status vs reinoe's Livestream setup. If you can help me there that would be great. I'll take care of Zotis' requests

Malroth

Nameless Dancing paladin with the same weapon is actualy a very good unit for inflicting both Faith and oil,  With Move HP up and regen she can also be an insanely good transfusion spammer.

CT5Holy

Alright, will do! Also, Zareb vs Doku is up now.

Malroth

Barren

Yes indeed, something to watch out for

CT5Holy

FFT Arena 138d - Fenire (Sing Sang) vs Rouroni Elmdor (Order of the Steel Serpent)

Next matches from me will be DomieV's Two Hands vs LightningHax's Firmly Grasp It and Barren's Axe in the Face vs Vigilanti's Back on Status. Those will probably come tomorrow.