• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:13:20 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How My Dawgz Doin?

Started by Bonesy, March 07, 2019, 10:05:14 pm

Bonesy

What's everyone up to in general these days? I never have IRC open so I have no freakin' clue.

Me, I got a PS4 finally. Now I just need to get more games for it besides Yakuza 0. Been borrowing Nier Automata and Mortal Kombat XL from my neighbor, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

3lric

Resident Evil 2 Remake
Spiderman PS4

/endpost
  • Modding version: PSX

Bonesy

You still dealing with dangerous chemicals and other fun stuff?

I don't do resident evil anymore, I just find that I can't get into it either because i'm bad or it or get spooked. Spiderman maybe when it's cheaper.

Nyzer

I picked up a used PS4 for Kingdom Hearts 3 because I had the cash to spare and because the PS4 has had the widely praised God of War and Spiderman games.

KH3 ended up being about as subpar as expected (I picked it up out of mild curiosity and a desire to see the end of the current saga more than any actual interest in the game), and I've yet to crack open Spiderman but it's definitely on my to-do list. However, I opted to go play the 3DS version of Pokémon Crystal instead for now; a little portable game to whittle away at in bed has been just perfect for me.

Occasionally I go chip away at the Jot5 Mining event. I've made the concept far more complex than it needed to be, but if I can get it all to fit it should pay off nicely in the end. 

3lric

Its not like Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6. Its more like the original RE2, with over the shoulder. But yeah, if you scare easy, then its probably not for you lol.

I still work at the same place, but I'm the plating manager now. So i don't run parts anymore. We are a few days away from being the first NADCAP certified chemical plating shop in the town im in.

Xifanie

Fighting an infection with 30-60% mortality rate in first world countries
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bonesy

god damn, it's always something isn't it

Ram

I haven't had IRC open for a while either, mainly because I don't know if I'm suppose to connect to a new server like the title suggests. I don't see any info about a new one to switch to.

For the past few months I've been playing FFIX Alternate Fantasy mod. Its decent and at times really fun but there is so much more that I can think of to spice it up further.

Sucks to hear that Xifanie, how are things now?
<&Angel> if WotL is your preference, 99 times out of 100, you can't be trusted to know how to use a toilet properly
<~Xifanie> Weazel has a degree in bathroomonics
<&Angel> everyone who wants to mod WotL exclusively is pants on head retarded

Xifanie

March 17, 2019, 06:24:34 am #8 Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 06:42:18 am by Xifanie
Quote from: Ram on March 16, 2019, 07:37:25 pm
Sucks to hear that Xifanie, how are things now?

tl;dr but not tl;dr because there's too much to explain.

I saw my family doctor 9 days ago, she refused to believe me, and even refused to prescribe me a blood culture to determine what strain of candida I have in my blood... I know that's my issue because I did research for -months- and was literally dying before I finally I figured out what it was. Regardless, she was like "Oh, you're dying? That's cute. Let me prescribe you this useless bloodwork that I am convinced will come out negative because it's bogus so just go and see me again 1 1/2 months after your surgery." Surgery being my sex reassignment surgery scheduled on April 24th... which I'd rather not have to heal from while fighting a deadly pathogen I haven't been able to vanquish in the 6 months I've had it WITHOUT having to heal from a major surgery. So, in my mind, she's sending me to my death. I saw my doc because I wanted to be fully healed before surgery, so you can understand how upset I was.

So these days I'm consuming 3 bulbs of mostly raw garlic a day, as well as 1 gallon (almost 4 liters) of sea-salted water everyday and trying thing to improve my blood flow to kill this thing once and for all on my own, because well, I'm on my own. Wait times to get a (new) family doctor in Quebec are 3 to 4 years, so I really can't exactly get a new one. It's not that conventional medicine is useful for this either; this is a modern and still fairly rare disease with pretty ineffective treatments, and is caused by antibiotics use primarily, strongly helped by leaky gut (which is somehow still considered "quackery"), oral estradiol, catheters (IV or down there) and greatly increased risks after an appendectomy... which is when it happened for me. I had chronic constipation for 30 years that caused my leaky gut and allowed my appendix to inflame and swell/grow 5-7 times its normal size, and it was completely filled with pus by the time of my emergency surgery. Even with something that major, they couldn't see shit on the first set of X-Rays they ordered, so they had me do another one with radioactive liquid in my blood. It made my throat super warm for about 15 seconds, it was weird. 8D

I'd push a complaint for incompetence, but:
A) I need a family doctor for post-surgery
B) I'd rather focus on keeping myself alive than dying to prove her malpractice.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kagebunji

I'm playing original RE2 myself recently, just because I don't have my ps4 atm, and I am soo eager to play it that I needed to fill out the need of it, haha. Also finished JOT5 Ch1 and original FFT in the past three weeks :D

Work, games, trainings, guess life didn't change too much after all.

Eternal

Been busy with life and work and my FFXII modding stuff. Trying to save up for a house while still being able to afford to travel and such, so that's a bit of a challenge. Finally getting back to FFT/FFTA stuff between everything else.

Game-wise, I've been enjoying a lot of stuff on the Switch, which is funny since I wasn't initially expecting to like it as much as I have been. Definitely a great system if you can check it out.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817