• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

SCC Tourney anyone?

Started by Barren, July 21, 2015, 08:32:16 am

If we were to have a SCC tourney, how do you want the tournament go?

Regular Double Elimination Rules + Regular Arena Rules
3 (18.8%)
Regular Double Elimination Rules + No JP Cap & 2x Ability/1x Item Only Rules
7 (43.8%)
Regular Round Robin Rules + Regular Arena Rules
3 (18.8%)
Regular Rounds of Swiss + Regular Arena Rules
3 (18.8%)
Just wait until the next patch comes out
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 04, 2015, 08:36:45 am

Barren

If anyone wants to see a SCC tourney sometime in August, I suppose we can do a quick one just for the fun of it. We won't need as many hosts as last time. And if so what kind of rules should we have?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

Just to also clarify the difference between Round Robin and Swiss is Round Robin you face every other team in your block and the winners of the blocks moves on to the finals. We should try to have only 2 blocks of teams so that way we won't potential have any confusion as to whose facing who.

Rounds of Swiss is basically similar to have a block of teams except that whichever two teams wins faces each other next. In other whoever has the same record as each other faces each other next. I.E. one team is 1-0 and another is 1-0 they face off. Same with the two teams that are 0-1. Which ever team has the best record in their block face each other in the finals.

Any questions or comments are welcome

silentkaster

Sure, I would participate.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Corosar

I am definately gonna join up i love to enjoy the tourney. Depending on how the rules are (basically as long as its not the only 1 skill per unit) i may have a team ready for testing already... yea i kinda got excited for it!~
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Elmdork

July 21, 2015, 09:29:41 am #4 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:36:49 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Have I told you lately you're the hardest working man in arena, Barren?

well, you are and it's awesome.

Haven't voted yet, round robin is my favourite. More games, better averages.. but more work for you guys as well. If ya'll are cool with that then I'll vote round robin.

@ corosar: you may or may not know: 1 item/ ability, no jp means you can fully load out your units but you cannot use the same items or abilities  twice. innate don't count, so if you SCC ninja, everybody can have 2 swords and 8 different swords equipped between them. You would also be able to equip whatever abilities without worrying about JP.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Corosar

July 21, 2015, 09:39:56 am #5 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:45:35 am by Corosar
yes... i understand what it meant... it would mean completely scraping the idea i had for a team though.. as half the team idea i had used the same ability twice.. and the other half used the same equipment.. in one or two places

*Edit* whelp from the looks of it... i am gonna have to come up with a new tactic already.... crap..
Time for a new season!

Jumza

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on July 21, 2015, 09:29:41 am
Have I told you lately you're the hardest working man in arena, Barren?

well, you are and it's awesome.

Would we also allow anyone to be any job as was suggested in the other thread? Or will we be claiming the jobs for our specific team and forcing others to choose whatever's leftover like we did with the last one?

I'd think we go with the anyone can be any job, especially if we have more entrants than there are job classes.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Elmdork

Ah, I see.. bummer.

My bad, well whoever is confused doesn't have to be anymore. It does help to step outside the comfort zone and really challenge yourself, so I wouldn't mind unlimited JP 1 item/ability. But I voted standard round robin, so no use even slapping a team together until we've decided what we want to do.

Relax, my dragon friend, we have time.

Corosar

okay crysis adverted... i managed to figure out a way to have the builds i wanted with both versions... so.. it should not be too terrible anymore for me still hope for the original over 1X though... but that is just me
Time for a new season!

Shintroy

Could mime be allowed on a team if there's a restriction set? I was thinking about forcing mimes to have the secondary of the team they're on. For example, a mime on a team of chemists has to have item, squires, basic skill, and so on. Is this asking too much? Is this the first SCC tournament in 139?  The way I see it, either way we go is a step up for mime compared to past SCC tournaments.

There was also discussion for future tournament seeding in the S5 arena thread. Would it be a good idea to start non-random brackets with this tournament?

------------

Also could we have multiple players look at stages? There were a couple of questionable stage in the tournament like Besrudio's House due to the object in the middle messing up AI, and maps where one player starts off with map advantage like Citadel of Igros Castle and Granary of Bethla Garrison.
Some day my people will be free.

Corosar

Honestly if mimes are gonna be used as a primary i see no issues as them being forced on all four... though mixing them... kinda feels a bit OP if you think about it... a team with one unit and three mimes would have more abilities available to them would they not?

or am i mistaking that horribly?
Time for a new season!

Barren

Quote from: Jumza on July 21, 2015, 09:45:55 am
Would we also allow anyone to be any job as was suggested in the other thread? Or will we be claiming the jobs for our specific team and forcing others to choose whatever's leftover like we did with the last one?

I'd think we go with the anyone can be any job, especially if we have more entrants than there are job classes.

You can pick whatever class you want. I will allow more freedom for the participants involved. My only gripe about that is it might lack variety in terms of what classes are actually going to be used. But don't let that interfere with your choice. I'm fine with whatever everyone picks.

As far as mimes having different secondaries is completely fine. The brackets will be determined later.

@Shintroy: We can look at the maps again and whoever wants to post whichever map should be banned can present his or her case

silentkaster

Yes, depending on what rules Mimes have will completely change my strategy so please let me know.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

You will know after 2 weeks.I would like to give everyone a chance to let their opinions be made and after I get back from my cousin's wedding I'll be around to get the SCC tourney going

Lakitu673

I'm in. I even have a team in mind

Barren

Just a quick tip: For those who might feel a bit restricted on item choices assuming we settle with the no jp cap rule, you can use equip armor on one of your units. That way you can get around with picking the ones you want

Mudvayne

Im in. I vote double elimination and regular tourney rules otherwise.

Is it one person to a class? Do we claim them or just pick any class? Are we being assigned classes via rng?

Barren

As I told Jumza here you are free to pick whatever class you desire. But you must stick with that one class. For example a team of four wizards or four samurais

Elmdork

July 21, 2015, 11:11:50 am #18 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:21:45 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Mime is a tough call. for those who don't know: mimes can't mimic other mimes, so SCC mime will do you no favors. If it's 1 item/ability, then I say mime is allowed. If it's standard then ban them.

..Really tough call..

regarding maps: there is always a thread with the maps being used and the option to contest any non banned map. In our last tournament we had all the maps from first match to last laid out for all to look at, so take your chance to state your opinion. After that, all is fair.

Lakitu673

I'd vote for Round Robin + 1 Item & Ability. But if I'd rather have the 1 item over round robin