• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:56:48 am

Sup!

Started by Eoika, August 28, 2014, 06:27:23 pm

Eoika

Hello everyone,

I've been a long time casual stalker of ffhacktics ever since I discovered the videos for the FFT 1.3 AI tournament when 1.3 was still featured on this site. So after all the "drama" blew over, and with the reincarnation of the new FFT Arena AI tournament, I've finally decided to stop being lazy, make an account and say hello.

I started playing FFT when it first came out some time ago, was definitely one of the hardest games 12-year old me ever picked up. I would just repeatedly get stuck on Dorter, trying new jobs, different combinations and just restart the game from scratch and try again. Eventually I learned that I should start using those "weak" healing classes. With that statement my journey down the rabbit hole started. I am... Much older now, beaten Tactics a handful of times, tried to play other incarnations to no enjoyment. I discovered FFT+ a couple days ago and I like the fact that it doesn't seem like I need to min/max yet; granted I'm only on the last battle of Chapter 1.

As for myself; I work as a programmer/code monkey for some corporation, and do some minor coding in my offtime when I'm not playing games. With that I'm hoping to help out with developing wherever a project may need it, as long as its not a long time commitment as work may interfere with my availability. I can do some proof-reading and criticism, but I would rather not as I feel I am terrible at it, and you may hate me later for it.

So anyways; Sup.

Also, thank you Barren and CT5Holy for providing audio commentary, it has definitely helped in understanding the battles to an outsider like me who did not bother to read the changes until he came here.

Xander

Omg, I remember getting blast in Dortor 100x over.  I was like... six or seven though.  D:

Thinking back I've no idea how I ever beat this game when I was like ten...  I struggle to do it now on a clean game, but I attribute that to laziness, and not wanting to grind.  :'D

Welcome to the forum.  I'm pretty lazy myself.   I think I'll try FFT 1.3 after I deal with Jot5...

Dome

Quote from: Eoika on August 28, 2014, 06:27:23 pm
I discovered FFT+ a couple days ago and I like the fact that it doesn't seem like I need to min/max

You'll never need to min/max, unless you want to. Trust me :-)

P.s: WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Angel

:welcome:

Sorry, I can't get enough of that emote. Welcome!
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Xander

Quote from: Toshiko on August 29, 2014, 06:30:58 am

Sorry, I can't get enough of that emote. Welcome!

I'd like it if it weren't such a screen eater...  Like downsized to the size it is when you go into full editor.  You read 8-bit theatre?

Xifanie

:welcome:

You are a.... stalker... of FFH... how... nice.  :shock:
It would definitely be cool to have someone code more tools around here. If that even interests you, that is.

Quote from: Xander on August 29, 2014, 06:37:41 pm
I'd like it if it weren't such a screen eater...  Like downsized to the size it is when you go into full editor.  You read 8-bit theatre?

Screen eater? pffft. What about your annoying animated signature?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful