• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:59:22 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by Barren, August 29, 2016, 09:46:38 pm

Shintroy

Too many channels to follow on twitch. The sooner everyone's using the same twitch account the better.
Some day my people will be free.

gatebuster202

• Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Celdia

Round 1: Oh my god, DW I am *so* sorry. That was just uncalled for brutality.

Round 2: That really is exactly how I'd hoped my team would work. Overpowering damage from a distance that stops the opposing team from getting close. Having such a large, empty map really nailed it. Lancer remembered he had Jump. Geo finally remembered she had Geomancy.

That poor Monk couldn't catch a break.

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Gaignun

Great work on finishing Round 1, everybody.  There are still five rounds ahead of us, so make sure you don't burn yourselves out.

Anima Zero

About damn time my team gets to flex their muscles!  Axl doesn't get useless'd at the start of a match, X gets to pick off weakened units and nail 2-3 units with every Cover Fire (and somehow be the only unit in the team to ever go down in either match, heh), Zero spears bitches in the face by land or air, and Iris doing good on the support role.  Gotta love that 508 damage jump too.  Good match and happy to have my first win!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Shintroy

Stalling Mime vs Physical/Status
I completely forgot about endgame potential in teams. Endgame can counter my team under the right conditions since it's not a good idea to have a match drag against a team or uniti that can strengthen itself. Anyway. Andante has no armored units so I should have the advantage. It all comes down to the thief hitting my archer or charming my mime and time mage due to the archer not being a threat against any of my units, at least until it gets higher brave.

R1 - Even opening with both sides affected by status. RNG sides with me after that with Andante's thief failing multiple charms and his archer failing to get through projectile guard. It was over  once the time mage and archer went down.

R2 - Lucky opening with both Andante's chemist and archer being down at the start. I was in a bit of a loop until Steal Weapon happened. Andante still had charm and talk skill on his side so he wasn't out of it. Pretty sad that the berserked archer didn't do much work until his weapon got stolen.

GG. Didn't expect the two of us to lose round 1 and I definitely didn't see us fighting right away in R2.

Good call on redoing the entire set instead of just the game. My team's designed to crystallize units one by one while keeping the other units disabled and had a strong lead before the bug happened. This doesn't count the bugged round as a win since to most it's not a convincing enough lead, so having a third match on the same map as a tiebreaker wouldn't have been a good call. I'm glad in the new set I won convincingly with steal weapon because that third map would've been another automatic loss due to an unbalanced map. Where player 2 goes depends entirely on where player 1 goes. Whether they go to the center or the map or on top the the houses doesn't matter since player 2 has a harder time getting to the units due to the gate and house on player 1's side. Would've dropped out of the tournament if I lost to a bug and unbalanced map in the same set.

Oil vs Balanced team
I prefer well rounded teams over most for match up reasons. Celdia's Burst damage should counter DW's

R1 - The Counter Flood and Ice combo was brutal. Carve Model to seal it too? Fast as hell. It seems DW's unit order could've been better to make them split up better. Having units with similar move and range isn't good against aoe teams.

R2 - Unbalanced map for player 1. DW's team has to get around the corner and due to the way the AI acts it'll just have them line up near the houses to get to player 2.

GG in Round 1, but not at all in R2. If player 1 had the same starting position as player 2 this would've had a less bias outcome. A little of the Geomancer curse, and a lot of bad map balancing.

Map 002
1 - Make Player 1's starting position mirror player 2's
2 - Make player 1's side of the map mirror player 2's so that it can't escape to the rooves or do the opposite.
Twin Burst vs Unorthodox Team.
Male Summoner with 238 HP AND TWO PALADINS? Godspeed.

R1 - Unbalanced map. player 2 has a wall to get around when player 1 can use that same wall to attack from because there's a hill on their side. As expected Altair starts off at a disadvantage. The summoner seems to counter skiploom's entire team with reflect ring and Death/Lich being incredibly accurate on 70 faith units + faith rod. The projectile Guard is just unnecessary roughness. What a twist. Altair came back despite the map disadvantage.

R2 - Not sure who has the advantage on this map. Skiploom's unit order is paired so that the priests and archers can split up. Skiploom takes this due the priests not being on the same side as the summoner.

R3 - The summoner goes down early just like my hopes and dreams for this summoner build.

GG. Brave stuff with your team Altair.

Map 115 (S) - Banished Fort just posting this map for later for the unbalanced map list. Depending how it's balanced it could be reclassed as a medium. The only reason it's small is because of how fast one team can get to the other.

xAltairSpartanx

September 07, 2016, 10:53:14 pm #68 Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:12:38 pm by xAltairSpartanx
I just feel like King Arthur ruins the team. He seems to not want to move in and tank when that is his job. I think I need to completely redo him to make him effective. The summoner was the ultimate class but he can only do so much without help from the tank. All in all it was a good match and I didn't do horrible for my first tourney but I am very disappointed by King Arthurs lack of heroism despite his name.

Barren

GG Andrew, your team is quite strong with those earth slashes and bio 3s. Thankfully however on my part my slight speed advantage and more options on damage came through and my chemist does what she does best and dodge a lot of things. So far Warpath Archer is paying off....but for how long?

I didn't expect Otabo to lose because his teams seems to powerful when it starts to snowball its way through other teams. Though that's only on a large map that his team gets to shine. Dol showed everyone that smaller maps plus cover fire and punch art damage can put a hurt on tanky teams. Innocent and charm helped out too.
You dare cross blades with me?

synth

That was a fun match. Round 1 was an absolute slaughter and I got a bit lucky to see larger maps in the second 2 to avoid more of your aoe just destroying me. ggs! thanks for the video!

Andrew

I knew that I was going to have trouble against your team due to the evasive chemist and two earth absorb units.  Very solid team you've got there, Barren!  Your archer will probably face a Projectile Guard user soon, though.  :P  GG.

Elmdork

Thanks for running matches, reks! Great commentary.

Sorry for the long game guys, you'll get that with mid damage lore against a team that can take it. Lore trips out Nappa's AI, so he is constantly in the area where he finds nameless song acceptable. I take the good with the bad on that one. Also didn't realize spin fist was smart targeting, probably would have helped though I'm trying not to overload vegeta's priorities. So far so good I suppose.

GG kashkabald! 40 fa and auto potion is the hard counter to your team, so the odds were really against you on this one. Hope you don't mind if I borrow your mime for a moment? Actually hoping a poorly built dark holy user targets nappa one day.. One day.

Equal parts excited and mortified to see your team next, but I'm sure it'll make for a great match regardless. Only one of us can walk away unscathed, so may the best team win!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

gatebuster202

My match VS. Vireblaze.

Really good match. My team can have issues engaging well on a small map, and I just got wrecked. Conversely, we tend to make a strong impression on the Large Maps provided Lore teams don't blast us into oblivion. ;)

Your team made me nervous on that medium map, and I'm confident that it could have gone either way. GG
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Shintroy

Really wish I went with Black Hood / White Robe right now.

Zotis

I'm kind of dissapointed I missed it, but good luck everyone.

CupOfOrangeJuice

@Truelight oh boyyyyyyyyy your team was way too good for me to beat. High damage, high sandbagging, good range, good damage at close range, status buff/ailments. I'm surprised I could even take a game off of you! Your ninja was absolutely crazy, one shotting even my tanky paaldin like it was nothing. I feel like I have a strong team (Paladin could've used some work though) but you blew through it like it was nothing! GGs.

Kurosabes

• Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Mudvayne

Sorry I haven't commented on my other matches.

Wow. Round 1 was super, super intense. Clutch melt! Your monk was just going bananas on my team at the end there! I really thought you were going to pull the win off.
Round 2 I got off to an early start and my all out magical offense team was just too much to come back from.
GG man!

Thanks to everyone for the matches so far. I've watched quite a bit of the tourney so far, just haven't commented much. Can't wait to see how the rest plays out.