• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:19:36 pm

how to change hero names

Started by aya0820, February 06, 2019, 07:31:12 am

aya0820

hi, I'm a newbie in terms of everything, I was able to get a hold of lots of tutorials prior to sprites, also got the jouney of the 5, I would like to ask as to how I can change the names of the heroes within the story line like, agrias, beowolf, orlandu or other heroes that will join the story, may I please ask on how I can change not only the sprites but also the names, and also be able to create my own story line, thanks in advance, I really loved journey of the 5, hoping to also play the next chapters
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Shishi for sprites, tactext for names. They are pretty self explanatory once you play around with them. The Text Helper by Xif helps a lot in conjunction with tactext as well.

As for making your own storyline, if you are a complete newb then you should spend some time going thru tutorials and the eventing tutorial. Journey of the 5 was made by many people aside from myself, who all knew what we were doing and even still its YEARS worth of work
You esentially need to learn a new language for eventing, and its not hard but very very time consuming.
  • Modding version: PSX

aya0820

thanks s bunch Sir Elric, I hope that your project for chapter 2 of the journey of the 5 still is on its way, I still have so much to learn, got some of the tuts from some of the members and they are all great was able to edit some of the wildface.bin and the unit.bin, also was able to use shishi on adding the sprites I would like to learn more on how I can also modify the jobs for the sprites created, the way you made dante and the other heroes from journey of the 5, such a great mod, gave me the inspiration to also start testing on how I can work out some game parts like for events on how to insert sprites that will match the character heroes and prevent the glitches for the characters like if the sprite has changed I would like to learn how I can insert the sprites that will work with the scene

as for what I did I only tried placing sprites from the heroes story line, thanks sir elric, to think that I will get the reply from you gives me more boost on what I wanna do

found this tut (http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=6) I need to learn on how to create my own sprite too,

Nyzer

Those are EVTCHRs. They don't call upon the sprite, they're extra one-frame sprites that draw upon the overlaid sprite's palette.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

aya0820

February 08, 2019, 01:55:01 am #4 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:16:57 am by aya0820
thanks for the information, but is there a way that we can also change those sprites and not make the scenes sprite glitching? as per palette of the inserted sprite is taken within that event the sprites movements glitches like on some scenes prior to events here are some screenshots

I still am on my trial and error stage just need some help, I really need to understand lots of stuff to begin and also learn on also creating my own sprites looking forward for more help thank you so much

I hope I'd be able to see a video about this thread (Inserting custom character animations by Zodiac)

Nyzer

You can also see/import/export EVTCHRs in Shishi though you'll have to go through a few tabs & dropdown menus to do so.

But there are a lot of EVTCHRs. Replacing all of them (competently and cleanly) would honestly be harder work than just inserting your custom characters separately. Even if you wanted a custom character at the start of the game, with frequent appearances throughout the game. (Unless of course you were going insanely overboard and trying to give that custom character a bigger role than any other non-Ramza character.)

Calling on EVTCHRs is as simple as loading the EVTCHR, waiting, saving the EVTCHR, and waiting again, then using the UnitAnim event command to adjust the sprite one sprite frame at a time.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

aya0820

wow now I know how tough this will be now I know how hard creating your own sprite and also making your own scene will be sooooooo time consuming, thanks sir nyzer, will still practice and learn more on how to edit EVTCHR its tough haha