• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:31:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Altering existing dialogue.

Started by scorpiova, April 02, 2017, 11:50:18 am

scorpiova

Hey guys,

Now that I have setup my custom classes and skillsets as well as all of the sprites and patches that I wanted. I have setup my game very closely to what I wanted. I have played through to chapter 4 and can see that everything works the way I planned. The only downside was the loss of Auto-potion, but with all the other changes that is not a bad thing and actually makes things more balanced not to have it. So I'm happy.

The only ting really left now that I would like to add - is a few scatter dialogue line alterations to make the new characters feel like they are more attached to the game. I don't need this, it will just be a perk depending on the time it would take to do it.

For example I added Terra to the Araguay Woods story battle in chapter 2, and changed Boco into a Wolf. Is it possible for me to change the dialogue that appears in that battle, not add dialogue, simply change what appears? If so, where should I get started?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

It still requires event editing; the text data is part of the event.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful