• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:09:22 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

General Questions for a beginner trying to Hack FFT.

Started by Murex, April 08, 2014, 02:17:13 pm

Murex

Thanks, that helped.

How can I go about making a file with multiple color palettes? I don't get how a .bmp file can have multiple layers.

Jumza

You can edit it in graphics gale or GIMP. I think those ones are used the most.

You'll notice the sprite has rows when you open up the palette, the top row is the sprite, and the one that's more in the middle is the portrait, but this is only the first palette. The rows under these are then the second palette, third, fourth etc...
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Choto

There's also the Palette Editor that I think Xif made. It's super easy to make palettes with that. Should be in the important links  page

Jumza

Quote from: Choto on April 19, 2014, 09:25:46 am
There's also the Palette Editor that I think Xif made. It's super easy to make palettes with that. Should be in the important links  page

I always forget about this thing :P But it is indeed a great tool. Here's the link http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=3901.0
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

the easiest way (for me anyway) is to duplicate your original palette 4 times in GraphicsGale
then use Xif's Palette Editor to adjust the 4 new palettes. (Make sure to use FFT colors!)

Murex

Got another one-

Sometimes a character (NPC or one in my party) is immune to all magic and physical attacks. Does anyone know what causes this?

Celdia

The first thing that comes to mind is that the unit has Wall status. Since there's no visual cue for when that is applied to something you could have given something that and not noticed. Easy way to check of course is when you see a unit acting that way just check it's current status effects. It should list there normally even though Wall was never implemented in vanilla FFT.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Murex

Yep. It's Wall status. Just got to change it to protect and shell instead. Thanks for informing me Celdia.  :)

Celdia

Happy to help. Just glad it was as simple of a problem as it appeared. ^_^
  • Discord username: Celdia#0