• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Otabo

First two teams: Ugh, spellgun teams are so boring. Especially when two are against each other. Nothing exciting about this match.

Second two teams: This one was more interesting, at least rounds 2 and 3, anyway. Also, I'm glad I'm not alone about summoners. Breathe on a summoner and she dies. Also agree about the Cursed Ring usage.

Fenire

I'll be honest I skipped most of the first match... sorry. That second match was intense. Only time I would use a summoner is if I wanted summon/time magic on one unit, and that is only because time mage,s MA is lower.

Barren

I'll have a couple of reinoe's matches uploaded sometime tonight so stay tuned for that
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on January 22, 2014, 09:37:35 am
I'll have a couple of reinoe's matches uploaded sometime tonight so stay tuned for that

Alright!  I look forward to my humiliating defeats, which is what usually happens with my new teams.
My dreams can come true!

ShadowDragon15

QuoteAlright!  I look forward to my humiliating defeats, which is what usually happens with my new teams.

I can definitely relate to that.
Strategy is just magical.

Barren

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on January 22, 2014, 10:10:47 pm
FFT Arena 1.38d - DomieV (Famous Knights) vs reinoe (Red Rose)

FFT Arena 1.38d - silentkaster (Ladies Night Out) vs reinoe (All Star B List) Should be up within 25 minutes

Thanks as always Barren.  I'm glad you noticed my wizards team "Rose Red" is simply my Oz team with fire protection.  Minor quibble, it really is supposed to be "Rose Red".  No biggie.

I was really sad when I saw that one wizard use a bag smack instead of anything else.  But now I know what I must do.  I need to acknowledge that I can't make a SCC wizards team (at least not when I can't run practice matches), focus more on DPS damage in general, and transform "Toad" into a Bard w/White Magic.  I really wanted to cling to the SCC but it's not vital.  Besides I've been meaning to use Bloody Strings anyway.

GG DomieV.  I really like your changes to the team.  And I'm glad you quickly scrapped "Demi".  Whenever it backfired, which was often, it hurt you more than the opposition.
Given the amount of shadow protection Ladies Night had, I thought the matchup would be a lot closer.  I think I'm done with cursed ring permanently.  It's starting to veer into "crutch" territory for me.

GG silentkaster.
My dreams can come true!

silentkaster

Nice sweep Reinoe! Ouch...that hurt. Missing those paralyzes, stops, and everything else killed my team! But not having enough offense hurt a lot for me too. GG. I know what you mean about cursed ring...will probably be revising a few teams to get rid of it. Not completely done with it but wanting to see teams in action without it.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Elmdork

January 23, 2014, 09:21:07 am #2909 Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:05:10 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
great commentary! thanks for hosting, barren! a couple interesting matches, looks like all the teams are in their experimental stages and that means lots to learn!

famous knights was probably one of the first SCC teams i have seen and sparked my desire to build a SCC team myself. they were going to be knights too, which i may not give up on as your paladins embrace their tanky nature and i prefer my paladins to be more offensive, so you could see two very different teams. great revision, though you got lucky with the procs, your build allows you many chances to get lucky. great team!

i want to tell you not to give up on your SCC, reinoe, but a group of mages should in theory be able to handle a group of paladins. mp restoration is your biggest issue, there could have been enough fight left in them for a comeback had they had sufficient MP in the final round.

i would say this is one of your best teams as of late, silentkaster, but a few things prevent them from achieving their potential. most importantly, they're confused with all these abilities. if you want a particular skill to go off regularly, you gotta make sure it has priority over another skill, and if the skills aren't prioritized the way you want them to be, you should consider having another unit have the skill that won't go off and make it high priority. i don't this is too big of a fix as you have talk skill and yin yang magic, so just choose a few you rely on and make sure the units have the varied abilities highly prioritized  and stacks the statuses you want to stack on people. stop+dont act sucks, faith up + oil is an instakill if they light a lighter or touch a doorknob. they also need damage.. or more lethal status procs. you have all the best harassment abilities in the game, but no way to bring it home. finally, i noticed you changed the time mage to an oracle, not bad but seriously, give them haste. just do it.

i agree with you, reinoe. cursed ring is definitely in crutch territory, but fairly countered by certain abilities. i felt obligated to have a team that uses cursed ring.. it just has become that much a part of the game, and rightfully so. in an arena setting, a unit that doesn't crystallize is quite powerful. 
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

ShadowDragon15

I just want to quickly and thoughtfully say thank you very much to CT5Holy and Barren. You guys are giving a lot of information in every video you put out with what I am doing well and doing not so well at all. And you give it to me straight. I appreciate very much that you leave my inexperienced nature of everything you have to say, and that I don't care at all if you say it and think you're being a jerk. I'm taking all the information you say, and I'm soaking up. I'm trying to use it improve myself. So thanks a ton. I find myself in a tight bind about making these teams with the mistakes they have, because I am a very picture-oriented person. I'm still at the point where I'm always reading through the FFT Arena Master Guide, and I'm still finding and learning new things. I'm making all of these teams on just Google Docs through the Google Drive, because that's what is available to me. It's hard for me to know exactly how much speed or PA certain units are going to have because I don't see the totals until the videos you make are put out. So I am very happy that with your commentary and me finally being able to look the final stats of my units, allows me to improve my teams. Thanks a lot guys.

P.S. Cursed Ring for the win. But I am going to try to make a team or teams without it.

Barren

Not a problem ShadowDragon. We all go through trial and error with teams until we come up with the right ones. In fact, myself, CT5Holy, fdc and others have gotten this good because we did make mistakes and errors in building teams. Simply put that once we learn from our mistakes we either revamp a team to its fullest potential or make a new team from the ground up.

CT5Holy's team Do Not Disturb for example is still around because the quickening spam strategy with the mime worked as his team was meant to build speed as much as possible without relying on white magic or summon magic to revive (of course that was his old version) Or my team that used to be around that people still remember Big Assault where I have 2 strong DPS units 1 item bot and 1 caster and kept switching things up until I found the combination to my liking. To further add to my point, I had a Bard that only did Draw Out damage because a) bards have naturally high MA, b) The Bard class had equips that can backup the idea and c) Draw Out is effective for hurt and heal methods. I originated the draw out bard when it was popular. So popular in fact it became a  setup that some players made carbon copies of that particular setup but did it in their own way. Even reinoe did a tribute team with my bard but switched equips around but kept the same idea.

Point is when you see a concept that you like rather its your own or someone else's you make the most of it possible and you can make a hard-to-beat team by making sure your units are doing what you want them to do. Again it has to do with limiting your options for the AI. When you have a goal behind your team: stick to it.

silentkaster

Shadowdragon...rivalry match between our teams? I think that'd be fun.

Yeah, Rouroni I would love to put haste on that team but just not sure where or how it would fit. I could do a time mage with yin yang but then it gets squishy. Plus, it gives her holy and petrify right now, along with a little status curing of my own. That last mage kills me...just so hard to decide what to do. At least I have masamune now.

Yeah, all the video recorders are way awesome. I love everyone's analysis when I listen and try to pay close attention...

Otabo

Cute how my whole team died in a nice little T formation at the end there.

silentkaster

Thanks for The triple feature TrueLight!!!

Yeah, this was one team I was going to take cursed ring off of...replace it with something else. Although my team pulled out the victory...it definitely took a lot of work getting there and got some lucky dodges in there. GG Elmdor...I like your team and the idea. Your archers were very good!

A team like this...which I looked at and seemed seemingly unthreatening at a glance pulled out a great victory. It did just about everything well...the speed was there...the procs and status was there...and that annoying in your face ninja shut down just about every offense my team tried to start up. Awesome awesome team Barren...good job. Another team I think the cursed rings are coming off of...defense ring or wizard mantle would suit this team much better.

I might have said it before, but every time I see myself facing Otabo I ask myself how his team can slowly grind mine into dust. Luckily, my team pulled out fairly quick victories before the squire and samurai were able to start their status and equip breaks. GG Otabo.

ShadowDragon15

January 23, 2014, 11:31:47 pm #2916 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:41:18 am by ShadowDragon15
I would love a rivalry series Silentkaster, go for it. I'm going to put up my updates as soon I make them, so just so the video casters know, my teams are not updated as I have means to make adjustments. I will edit this comment or re-post when I have completed my adjustments. plus, I have a new SCC Paladins team to showcase hopefully. They'll be the true Knights Of The Round Table.

And would someone explain to me what the difference is between a rivalry series and what has been happening now with what my teams have been a part of?

P.S. I am also having those silly computer block problems, so I may send my updated teams to you Silentkaster, as I have previously. If it's not of an inconvenience, of course. I really do hate relying on this school computer. I will you send you the updated teams, and then you may need to write something to tell people to just ignore my Team Submissions post. when I can get to a different computer, I will fix my Team Submissions post, so that will have the updated teams as well, so that you don't have to carry my teams. It shouldn't be longer than a week that I can reach another computer.

Elmdork

January 24, 2014, 10:26:47 pm #2917 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:42:11 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
thanks again, truelight! it put a big stupid grin on my face when i saw you used some of my tunes for the match. that was awesome

my team needs a revision. at their core, they're a weapon break, berserk team. all the elemental stuff is secondary, but the cursed ring in this case actually deters them from doing their job properly. think rubber shoes would be better. extra move and null lightning fits the bill. a quick switch from black magic to white magic on my mediator should support this well. also the archers need some kind of ranged attack, wave fist or earth slash would do. because of the equation, i thought the AI would be more eager to use execute, but he decided to knock off that paladin with a normal attack. will take a few more matches before i can decide what to do with that.

GG silentkaster! your paladin did some real work on me :P

EDIT: Op repo has a touch up, and i'd love to see them go! banished that dirty cursed ring, and now i have no teams with cursed ring. *^&% conformity!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Barren

Good job girls. You stopped the evil killer bees from swarming townsville. You deserve cookies and cake