• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:35:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Malroth

First strike is updated, Might as well Retire Voodoo since there's really no fixing them

RavenOfRazgriz

Okay, though I deserved to lose to Mimic Daravon, that first match has a problem... you got FDC's team wrong somehow, Barren, despite me telling you he updated it on iRC before you recorded it.  One of his Mediators is still missing its Stone Gun.  That's the only reason he could Mimic Daravon me on the first turn like that... else he would've eaten a Flare to the face, likely losing two units on the first round, and my Chemist would've been mobile, giving me my full force to strike with on the second turn while he was rebuilding.  That error honestly seems like the only reason he won the first game.  The second game's map is just a piece of shit and should probably never be used again in its current state. The terrain is lopsided as hell, and every time I see it I have to ask who the fuck decided on those ridiculously biased starting positions because they're retarded and should never be allowed to touch this or any other tactical game ever again and be forced to shatter and eat their game disk with a nice tall glass of milk.  If I had been player 2 and FDC had been player 1, I probably would've won instead, especially if he correctly had two Stone Gun Mediators instead of one, for the exact reason he beat me on it.  That's just... so dumb.

Looks like I need to adjust my team slightly, though, since Rellia's Chakra isn't healing for enough, but that's easy to fix.

Still gotta watch the rest later.

Barren

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on October 12, 2011, 03:18:49 pm
Okay, though I deserved to lose to Mimic Daravon, that first match has a problem... you got FDC's team wrong somehow, Barren, despite me telling you he updated it on iRC before you recorded it.  One of his Mediators is still missing its Stone Gun.  That's the only reason he could Mimic Daravon me on the first turn like that... else he would've eaten a Flare to the face, likely losing two units on the first round, and my Chemist would've been mobile, giving me my full force to strike with on the second turn while he was rebuilding.  That error honestly seems like the only reason he won the first game.  The second game's map is just a piece of shit and should probably never be used again in its current state. The terrain is lopsided as hell, and every time I see it I have to ask who the fuck decided on those ridiculously biased starting positions because they're retarded and should never be allowed to touch this or any other tactical game ever again and be forced to shatter and eat their game disk with a nice tall glass of milk.  If I had been player 2 and FDC had been player 1, I probably would've won instead, especially if he correctly had two Stone Gun Mediators instead of one, for the exact reason he beat me on it.  That's just... so dumb.

Looks like I need to adjust my team slightly, though, since Rellia's Chakra isn't healing for enough, but that's easy to fix.

Still gotta watch the rest later.

Damn, my bad Raven >_<

I'll give you a rematch sometime tomorrow and pick different maps too
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

RavenOfRazgriz

I'm not really bothered, honestly, just wanted to point it out.  You don't need to if you don't want to.  That terrible map's existence pisses me off more than anything because somehow it's never had those battle positions fixed in 33 versions...

RavenOfRazgriz

Just watched the other videos

Oddly, I'm pretty sure your Squire would output almost the exact same melee damage with an Attack UP Scorpion Tail.  Eternal really needs to update his Samurai Zealots.  I've already given him plenty of tips for doing so before he even fought my team.  His DPS is horrid this way.

Charm rape + early Silence game 1 + early Petrify game 2.  There's not much else to say, really.

Nelveska Temple is a pretty horrible map, and those starting positions do leave Player 2 at a fair disadvantage compared to Player 1.  It's not as atrocious as the Igros map, but still pretty bad.  There's a handy Map list PX compiled here that you may want to keep as a reference, since you seem somewhat unsure of map sizes and such at times.  Otherwise, again only so much to say, AeroGP's DPS from Shadow Shade quickly brought down TrueLight's lower HP units and not much else could be done because of the turn order.  If the Ninja could've downed both Samurai and kept them down he probably could've soloed AeroGP's team (see: the likely outcome of game 1 had the male Samurai not gotten back up), but it wasn't to be.

Wiz

Here's my comments on all of Barren's Matches. I'll watch Round 1 of fdc's vids tonight, and make vids for round 2 of his round robin tournament as well.

Round 1 was delicious...until that black crystal messed it all up. Round 2 = Stupid Priest, casting cure on the panel :(

Aww, theoretical probability screwed Truelight in Round 1 w/ all the rez misses. Round 2 I screamed like a little girl when that 100% charm went off :P

Kagesougi seemed like a detriment to Keich in Round 3 imo. Overall, an entertaining slugfest :)

ATHEISM FTW!

343 Damage Bloody Strings Shot? =X And wow, that 2nd round was one of the most epic ones I think I've ever seen!

Stupid Monks, they were better off with just throwing blows around than to use secret fist >_< And having the Cursed Ring screwed them up the ass XD

Charm turn the tide in both rounds for Vigilanti especially the second one. Thankfully, the Muramasa DS proc rate dilemma was fixed post-video.

108 MP Damage from 4x Witch Hunt (2x from each Dancer)? Wow, that's a ton :O And yep, Iron Boots really weren't that helpful + the lack of MP did Celdia in both rounds undoubtedly.

Lol, those Dia procs backfired on PX XP

How noble of that Paladin in Round 2 with the suicide kill. Other than that, too bad there wasn't like a draw in Round 3 because that would've been hilarious >_>

Round 1 Call I somewhat agree with. The Mime could've landed a petrify proc on both of CT5's Dancers provided he doesn't act stupid and waltz in with his fist at 1 SPD. And I stress could've because... there's another chance in all likelihood that he would've died due to getting 3-4x turned with elemental. Again, it's a tough call because it could've gone either way with: Mime Dies = Draw, OR Mime Petrifies both Dancers = Win for Celdia. Round 2, I'd have to say that'd be a complete draw because Celdia's Dancers would have to bypass AP 3x in a row, and with a 70% chance of triggering each time at 80 HP, she'd only have a 2.7% chance pulling that off consecutively (.3 * .3 * .3) for excess damage (> 80 HP). Not to mention that they have regen for ~30 HP as well.

Round 1 finisher w/ < 4% = Savage Sick. But yeah, those ninjas not having any means of healing turned that frenzy into a 2v4 essentially.

Heh, the Faith Rod kinda backfired on doriantoki XD

Hmm, those Samurais not having 2 hands really hurt ET's damage output a lot. If they were, he'd be doing double damage iirc with only 55 Br. No resurrection after those summoners died really hurt him as well.

Sleep Proc onto that Wizard in Round 1 = Clincher and poor map in Round 2 = Clincher for fdc

Ouch, that globe being in the way in Besrodio's house really did fdc over because it made it easier to get DA Procs off on that Bard imo. That petrify in the beginning of Round 2 from the thief I think was the catalyst to Dol's eventual victory.

Lol, those Scholars did their job. Attacking and healing at the same time's quite the winning combination.

Barren

doriantoki

Derp doesn't really stand a chance.  Good overall damage output on team Annoying.  Paladin would've been hard to take down, either way, with having an Angel ring, as Barren mentioned.  I understand Chakra for MP recovery, but it backfires here because the Oracles use it for HP restoring, and it only restores 30 HP = waste of turns.

RavenOfRazgriz

It's I AM SO DERP v something that's not Y U SO DERP.  Expected result is expected.

Holy shit.  I was expecting there to be (no pun intended) quite a bloodfest over control of the game with those hard-hitting Bards before I could try taking it with me projecting their damage output more at 240 against my Chemists.  Game 1 I had huge luck with Blackmails... though it was mostly long after the Bards had died, so it was less being lucky and more the game just being forced to end reasonably fast instead of being drawn out by 30 damage Counter Blood Swords.  Came back to bite me with lots of misses on Blackmail game 2 when they actually had the chance to be relevant and Slow Dance just generally being a bitch on hitting those Paladins, and that Crit from that Bard got me worried he might get a foothold, but things turned around before it was too late.

Though, you keep mentioning Awareness on my Chemists, but they don't run it.  (Obviously so, they're running Auto Potion, who Saves The Day.)  That's just the raw power of Main Gauche alone.  I honestly don't even view Awareness as a worthwhile Reaction unless you just have no better options in reach.

GG FDC.  Those Bards had me worried, but my fear didn't come to fruition this time.

Barren

I will be able to upload more videos tomorrow afternoon. thanks everyone, even you raven for your feedback :D

doriantoki

Okay, 40/40 br/fa, Unyielding, and Main Gauche, Auto Potion, crazy defensive combination!  That Auto Potion was really going off a lot at 40 brave though, and 55% don't act hit a crazy amount of times that first round

CT5Holy

Wow, RNG love. =x
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

RavenOfRazgriz

This is why FDC needs to do delete/reposts and date his teams when he updates them.  -_-

That version of A Team is very old, and has been changed for well over a week I think.  This match is a perfect example as to why it was updated though, I think.  His team spends far too much time trying to sandbag with garbage like Life Song when it should just press and win.  CT5Holy's team hits hard itself and can quickly recover, though, so I can't say FDC's updated version would win 100%.  It'd be far closer and probably go into 3 games at worst, though.

I feel old for recognizing almost all the music.    DomieV probably would've won that first game if his Ninja hadn't strayed so far off and gotten locked down with Don't Move... which says how strong his defense is against teams with only two offensive units, since he had both a huge terrain disadvantage (against four units with ranged skills and huge vertical mobility on a heavily vertical-oriented map and an early chokepoint you're essentially forced to rip through) and what's easily the weaker of the two starting points on the map.  Second game I almost expected him to lose when his Archer decided not to use a Soft, but Esuna covers nicely, and Counter kills bitches, especially with a more level terrain.  Game 3 is more of the same of game 2.

Go Odin abusing the AI's survival instincts.  That was a huge clincher on Squidgy's part in the first game, though I think he had it anyway.  Lack of Odin game 2 is probably a big part of letting PX shift tempo and win after that early bloodbath.  If that Bard had stayed up to harass with Odin, it probably would've gone very differently.  Third game was just a bloodbath since the units were close enough for PX to take advantage with his Berserkers, but too far apart and too spread out initially for Squidgy to do the same with his Summons or Mimic Daravon, in contrast to the first where everyone was so crunched that immediate AoE was almost certain to take.

Wiz

doriantoki

October 15, 2011, 07:13:11 pm #935 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:13:05 pm by doriantoki
LMAO  Both one shot teams, whether the RNG likes you or not will play in your favor.  Although that bottle neck in the first map, too, was in Two Swords' favor, heavily.

I  still don't think Break Arts has all that much going for them :o  Don't hate me for that.  It's essentially two offensive units with little support from the others.  Against a defensive team, they don't really have much of a chance.  Projectile Guard was definitely the saving grace that first round.

Mime is a surprisingly well-balanced team.  Entertaining fight.  Oracle Petrify is broken, definitely.

Archer Chakra not very effective.  I see Innocent Monk will have quite a large showing this year ... little depressing how broken that is.  
QuoteWow, RNG love. =x

LMAO  Five 78-80% revives miss in a row.  Hilarious.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quad Flare procs in a row, under 1% chance of happening, ouch.  They were going to go off eventually, though, since Wiz was losing turns to sandbagging and couldn't get an offensive foothold back in.

WtfChiriDerp.

Looks like Dracula got some new lawn ornaments that first round.  No follow-up, though, and Slow Dance being its usual unreliable self.

I thought I was losing first match for a second, but that Oracle drop directly after clinched it.  Once the resurrection loop starts, the game ends.  It's what I love with this team.  Second game went unexpectedly fast, but you gotta love that stylish victory.

Your Monk isn't jumping because he gets his turn too early.  You should switch him to the end of your roster like I suggested before, else he won't get the chance to Jump until mid-late game and usually only against units that don't carry 9 SPD.  Otherwise, it's a painfest offset by Charm/Zombie hazing.

Kill me now.  You're doing this on purpose.

This went about as well as I figured.  I thought I had that second game, but your Archer always had his CT lined up right to cancel my Wizard and she got hung up on map geometry so she couldn't move anywhere.  That was probably what fucked her - the 20 bonus CT from not Moving kept her in-line with the Archer's turns too closely. Ohwell, shit happens.  I forgot Stigma Magic heals Berserk, already fixed my Ninja to have Suiton instead so that won't be repeated, since that's probably the other reason I lost that second one

...Wow, Time Mage backfire.  Those Heretics got their shit inquisitioned, it looks like

doriantoki

October 17, 2011, 09:39:46 pm #938 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:28:38 pm by doriantoki
Plud Dick, did anyone notice that typo?  lol  :p  Lucky Girl forced into sandbagging mode really early, but didn't matter.  Lancer singing instead of attacking ... hm.  Weird Jump, lol, strange.  This was just a lot of back and forth petrify, and then healing.  Maybe meaning teams were evenly matched?  Flare procs pretty ridiculous though.

I agree with Barren's comments, good speed sync.  The turn order played perfectly into Law's benefit (move first, enemy moves into range, mediators move in for the kill).

Interesting match.  Am amused.  The music towards the mid-end of the second match was oddly appropriate.  53% Petrifies landed more times than I would've liked  :|

Low % hits = hitting.  Hm.  Also, that Dancer decided to attack instead of resurrecting the Oracle on a couple of occasions, interesting.  Second match rape scene though :o

A lot of back and forth with these teams.  Deep laying out the damage, and Status quickly recovering.  Which could mean they're matched in terms of offense versus defense.  Although that jumping Monk killed a lot of the offensive momentum.  We've seen this before in Vengeance vs. Lucky Girl, as well.  It seems some of the maps with overhanging bridges confuse the AI when it comes to jump.

Against Wiznaibus, no Auto-Potion or a lack of a reliable, dedicated healing seems to be the downfall.

DomieV

Damn man! your team looked good, too bad you had to suffer through meatbone slashes and flare procs...4 in a row especially. but nonetheless that was one hell of a match, GG Wiz! I feel a rematch is coming soon to a laptop near you :P

Interestingly enough we have very similar teams but I guess HP Restore really saved me big time. GG Celdia, it was fun facing you