• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

another quixotic hierophant thread

Started by hierophant, February 21, 2013, 12:19:18 pm

hierophant

February 21, 2013, 12:19:18 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:55:12 pm by hierophant
Hey all. As some of you are aware, I no longer have access to my own computer (I'm either surfing at the library or a shared computer). FFH is ever in my thoughts, though. Basically, I'm looking to make a patch by proxy. If anyone wants to take a break from their own project, or work on something new, I've got some stuff jotted down on a prospective patch. It will be mechanically fairly simple, with only a few ASM hacks (selected from those already known). I'd like to have static stats for each job: no exp or jp, all jobs unlocked, all abilities mastered. I'd like to have a short new story, with 15-20 battles, no world map. So anyway, this is probably not happening, but if there is anyone interested, send me a PM, I can give some greater detail.

Edit:  When I say "new plot," what I mean is a string of propositions.  This is what I would want from an eventer:

--Pre-battle dialogue (no movement)
--An event between battles where a new task is given (will differ only in dialogue)
--2 additional events (no gestures/special FX, just walking/talking)

3lric

You will likely need to learn to event edit, as those of us who can aren't very many.
(off the top of my head, Myself, Kokojo, Xif, and Pride)

I'm just trying to spare you any kind of heartache since I can almost guarantee
you that no one is going to make the events for you. Though what you are trying
to accomplish, you should be able to manage fairly easy on your own if you take a
few days to learn it...
  • Modding version: PSX

hierophant

I had no idea eventers were so rare.  Thanks for the heads up.  I might be able to get a couple of hours a week of supervised computer time, so I guess I'll try that route.