• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:01:15 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PSX to PSP Translation

Started by ZennyPai, May 18, 2015, 11:09:47 pm

ZennyPai

May 18, 2015, 11:09:47 pm Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:47:28 pm by ZennyPai
Hi. I'm new here. And I can see that there is a patch that replaces the PSX translation with the PSP translation. Is there an existing patch to do it the other way around? I preferred the PSX Translation, and I want to use this trans while playing on PSP. While you may argue the PSP trans is more accurate, I think it's needlessly British and snooty.

I mean seriously... "GOVERN YOUR TONGUE"...? I get that the game is supposed to take place in a medieval Europe inspired setting but I just want to be able to understand the script simply without trying to understand what the phrase "Your envenomed words succer me." is supposed to mean.

Which I think will make my friend all the more be unable to read the text at all. He wants to be able to play the game in Japanese, but I'm insisting he play it in English so we could play multiplayer. I haven't tested it, but is it possible to play multiplayer mode with one PSP playing the Japanese version, and the other playing the US version? Is there make a patch for this?

If not, is there a translation patch where you can play the US version with Japanese text or the Japanese version with English text? Or is there a way to convert a Japanese save file into a US save file?

I've seen mods like this for Monster Hunter. There are English patches for Japanese version of the game. And there's also a mod where you can convert a US save file into a JPN save file, and vice versa by loading your character and then pressing the mute/unmute button.

Thanks.

ZennyPai

bump.

Is there a patch for FFT:WOTL for PSP that uses the translation used in FFT for PSX?

3lric

No. We are working on finishing the Lion War, which adds the WotL scenes and some other stuff to the PSX version
(Though we may end up scrapping the NG+ stuff to make sure it gets released)
  • Modding version: PSX