• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:50:54 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Newbie here!

Started by gett21, May 08, 2015, 11:56:01 am

gett21

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and I find joining forum communities helpful especially since this will be my first encounter with mod as a student from an IT related course. I played FFT long ago on the PS1 and in this semester hopefully I can find some people in my class which will be interested in modding the game. I watched some tutorials and read a lot about modifying FFT and I hope I can come up with a good mod for this game. I do not want games of these genre to die. Any advices? I maybe new at modding but I assure you I know a thing or two about programming but drawing.. not much xD

Jumza

Some advice would be to start small. Learn the basics. Even though you can edit things like the world map and event conditions, learn how to work with the FFTPatcher, FFTOrgASM and ShiShi first. Then once you feel comfortable move on to something like event editing. Good luck!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

gett21

Sorry for the late reply currently on vacation.. I am watching videos actually too while on vacation and I really am waiting for classes to start here in the Philippines to have a meeting with my team :)