• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:57:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New job created not appearing, what did i do wrong ?

Started by Adryan J.F, March 30, 2015, 01:35:46 am

Adryan J.F

So here it is, i made a new job for Rad, i used the skillset 23 Magic, which is said to be from Delita's sister, Teta Hyral, and used a job that is not common for generic units, this job is an edited "Delita's Sis" job with her own skillset modified, i have the sprite the wldface and unit everything done, but what happens is that Rad is the job i made and is working okay with descriptions and everything else, but it doesn't appear in the job listing as you can see in the picture, he can no longer become a squire because i think his squire was replaced for this new job which is not avaiable in the job list, i fear that if i change him to any other class in-game i won't be able to bring him back to the new created job to use with him since it's not there in the list, he has all abilities learned from that job, but i never told the patcher anyway that this should be done ..

i changed in FFTPatcher the ENDT 183 orbone monastery battle set for his new job and skillset, also changed the orbone monastery event scenes in ENDT aswell, but the thing is that i can't get the new job listed, like when we have agrias in our party the squire is replaced by holy knight and it appears okay, but why my plans don't work as such, is kinda frustrating i even used job unlocked box checked in the ENTD but had no success in getting this job appearing in the list, i saw people replacing Lavian Alicia and Rad just fine, but why my job works but don't appear in the job list ? is there a known theory that new jobs must be created from playable/active enemies jobs in the game ? it would be strange replacing any playable jobs to create a new unique job in my case,i just want the new job to appear in the avaiable unit jobs if possible, but any suggestion would be welcome :)

sorry for the crappy picture lol

3lric

Rad is just a generic Squire, he isn't a special unit. Agrias is.
  • Modding version: PSX

Adryan J.F

So you mean there's no way of getting a generic character and make him able to use a special job replacing his generic squire ? well i know i can but, i mean leaving alone the squire job from all the other generics not including Rad :)

and if that is the case, there's no way that i can make the game read him as a special unit like Agrias, Mustadio and such so i could replace his squire jobs like those ?

Angel

You can edit the ENTD for his join up event in Patcher and make him a special character, pointing to a special job of your choosing. You just need to be aware of the unique sprite limit if you choose to make him be his special job sprite in the tutorial battle at the beginning.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

This won't make him a special unit. There are slots you can use for this. There should be a tutorial somewhere on the site. You'll need to put his sprite into one of the unused Unique slots. IIRC There is one of Celia or Lede that is unused. You would then replace him in the ENTD with that one.

Dome

IIRC there was a good "create your own custom character" tutorial by Jon, but I cannot find it anymore...
(An old post refers to it, but the link leads nowhere)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Adryan J.F

Quote from: Elric on March 30, 2015, 08:13:58 pm
This won't make him a special unit. There are slots you can use for this. There should be a tutorial somewhere on the site. You'll need to put his sprite into one of the unused Unique slots. IIRC There is one of Celia or Lede that is unused. You would then replace him in the ENTD with that one.

Great, thx so much, well i was a hard head, i thought that sprite settings were just for image and never thought that the game engine would determine other things beyond that using the sprite set feature, is like the 60 year old male sprite i was using was useless lol, so changing the sprite to celia unused sprite worked perfectly and now my unit is being recognized as a special job unit perfectly, thank you for opening my eyes to this lol, now i can get my little personal modding plan some step forwards :)

Adryan J.F

Quote from: Dome on March 30, 2015, 09:08:13 pm
IIRC there was a good "create your own custom character" tutorial by Jon, but I cannot find it anymore...
(An old post refers to it, but the link leads nowhere)

yes have a .doc file of that already, but i was trying to find out another way different from what is there, he changed celia unused to simon and stuff, the point of that was to make a unit from scratch, mine was making a generic unit that already exists to something new, anyway it's solved now

3lric

Okay, so apply that knowledge... Put a generic Squire sprite in that slot, and follow the tutorial as such. In the ENTD that Rad is supposed to be in, replace it with your new special unit and change it's name to Rad. I know Toshiko mentioned the sprite limit, however this won't matter at all, since you are simply using the same sprite he would've had anyway.

Adryan J.F

March 31, 2015, 10:09:56 am #9 Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:11:55 am by Adryan J.F
Quote from: Elric on March 31, 2015, 06:39:33 am
Okay, so apply that knowledge... Put a generic Squire sprite in that slot, and follow the tutorial as such. In the ENTD that Rad is supposed to be in, replace it with your new special unit and change it's name to Rad. I know Toshiko mentioned the sprite limit, however this won't matter at all, since you are simply using the same sprite he would've had anyway.

everything about the job was already solved for me when you told me to change the sprite to celia/lede unused, thanks a lot :D , 60 years old male was the bad choise i made back there, now comes the fail part i believe, i should have replaced a character with a wldface and unit image because now when Rad joins the party, in the menu portrait and sprite in the formation screen and pre battle screen, he will be appearing as his generic squire model sadly if i change that squire model in the unit and wldface.bin's all squires would be replaced right ?

sounds insane to me but ... is there a way that i can use an unused unit and wldface and map it to rad only ? i think i found the true obstacle now, i can't see in FFTEVGRP the unit and wldfaces of unused celia or lede, the only empty slots are for priests never used, can i use those and somehow link it to the sprite set of Celia unused so it would appear in the menus ? Now i know why Jon tutorial was replacing exacly Simon by the desired new character, since it does appear in the menus :/ now i feel like i'm doomed lol

EDIT: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7833.0
This should work, can someone explain to me how do i use this type of patch (the first Glain show only for 3A and 3B (unused celia and lede sprite set), i don't know which program to use, and which files i should use this, i'm completely lost

3lric

Use the UWEntries for this. But IIRC there should be a corrosponding Celia/Lede in WLDFACE/UNIT.BIN that you can use. Otherwise just remap the sprite you used with the UWEntries program.

Adryan J.F

Quote from: Elric on March 31, 2015, 10:56:11 am
Use the UWEntries for this. But IIRC there should be a corrosponding Celia/Lede in WLDFACE/UNIT.BIN that you can use. Otherwise just remap the sprite you used with the UWEntries program.

i never made this type of hack before (well fft is actually the only game i ever started with real interest in the mod stuff) i found UWEntries but the only thing i see is a xls file

and seeing this post http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7833.msg156723#msg156723 i don't know exactly where should i use the first patch code Glain showns that can mess with Celia and Lede unused Wldface and Unit bin, i assume it is in FFTorgASM that i should use it, but if it is in FFTorgASM, should i type the <description> or <Patch> for example or should i just type the code without these special text formats, there is also the problem of that i can't find WORLD_WORLD_BIN in my iso, i can only see WORLD_BIN, is it different or are they the same ?