• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:16:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Only 2 Party Members Allowed in Barius Valley - Normal or am I missing somethin

Started by dece, February 01, 2015, 05:16:06 pm

dece

So, I've been playing JOT5, and when I got the Barius Valley fight, with the 2 bandits being attacked, I can only put 2 people into the battle.  Is that normal?  It just seemed strange to me. 

Usually you would press start and be able to add more people in a different location (like the original FFT) but it didn't seem to work, it just started the battle with 2.

Jumza

I'm not the person who designed it to be that way but I would guess it was because of :

A) The battle is too easy with more party members
or
B) The game would go over the 9 unique sprites limit

The game has been tested (pretty thoroughly at this point), and that's probably intentional :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dece

3lric

Leesha
Olivander
Tesnya
Agrias
Knight
Archer
Wizard
Ramza
**2nd Party member

it was a matter of sprite limits. though with the 3 guests it still equals a party of five.
  • Modding version: PSX

Analogman

I always thought the games built-in limit of 9 spritesheets was ridiculous, as it hindered the ability to put creative and challenging teams on the battlefield.  If they had even given the player the ability to have an option for a third character, there would be the chance that the spritesheet limit would be surpassed, and crazy glitches would occur.  Trust me, I learned this the hard way.   (I thought I had inserted the custom sprites incorrectly, but it was just a spritesheet limit overload, and the side effects are quite nauseating, indeed