• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Malroth

Gonna run a couple videos for silentkaster tomorrow  any volunteers for an opponent?

Reks

I'll do it. Have an old team concept I kinda want tested.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Fenire

my new team, bloodhound gang, is not a serious team, but I would like to see them in a match.

Vigilanti

My destiny bond team is ready for action too malroth

Elmdork

January 06, 2014, 05:53:10 pm #2784 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:11:00 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
That's a well-varied line of opponents there. I'm rootin' fer ya, silentkaster. (My tablet auto corrects your name to "silent master" might just leave it like that)

I like your new team, reks. W.a.s.p, right? That's one kick ass wizard if I may say so myself, the only thing I don't like about them is they rely on revive and phoenix down for res, when I think raise 2 (easily one of the most powerful single abilities) would work best, especially for squishy units like the wizard. I just picture a revive going off for like 70hp while the guy across from you resses for 300 in the same round. On the plus side, you ain't lacking offensive power, and your tank item bot squire will certainly do his job.

I just think you can maintain your high output while doubling your longevity with raise 2.
Maybe I'm wrong, I'm still a n00b, but if faith is the only reason you don't carry raise, increasing faith is an easy trade for full res.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

silentkaster

Thanks Rouroni! I hope that I do alright anyway. Just at least give em a run for their money :D

Either way, I'll get to fine tune the teams. Thanks Malroth for recording!!!!!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Elmdork

Just keep working at it and I'll have a worthy rival of you yet!
;)

You know what you're doing.

Zotis

That was very entertaining, thanks Barren.  Hmm... I wonder if I should switch that Oracle back to an item bot...

Barren

Well it depends really. If you're looking for a item bot with high HP, then I don't think oracle would be one. Mediator would be suited for status as well as item bot because of black mail and mimic daravon. Of course if you want a unit with higher HP and status protection usually lancers gets the job done because of 10 speed if you equip javelin and have some anti-status gear. Of course if you still want the innocent proc then lancers can equip poles as well. Up to you though
You dare cross blades with me?

Fenire

I never thought of using a lancer for an item not.

Barren

I've used item bot lancers before. They can be pretty effective as pillars for a squad
You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

At work right now and the severe cold temps are keeping everyone away. Skeleton crew (AKA me and nobody else) working today!

Anyway, I was really happy with how Signs of Aging worked. Obviously, two huge helps to my team were shadow shade lore and best compat charms going off, with the lore just keeping my oracles healthy most of the match. I'd be curious how I'd do against the same team with maybe earth dragon. I just lucked out against a great team with my elemental absorb.

I had a feeling that Biron Monastery wasn't going to do too well...especially against a team like that. I want a team that is all one class just to have it...perhaps monk isn't the best base class to go with due to low MA. Maybe Geo, Chemist, or Priest would be better? Not sure. Anyway, gonna play around with that a bit more and see what I can do.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

CT5Holy

Monks are a fine class. Just play to their strengths. MA is clearly not one of their strengths -> shy away from highly MA dependent skills. =P

On a more important note,

FFT Arena 138d - Zotis (Black and White Witches) vs Vigilanti (Destiny Bond)

FFT Arena 138d - silentkaster (Biron Monastery) vs CT5Holy (Do Not Disturb)
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Elmdork

Quote from: silentkaster on January 07, 2014, 01:53:51 pm
At work right now and the severe cold temps are keeping everyone away. Skeleton crew (AKA me and nobody else) working today!

Anyway, I was really happy with how Signs of Aging worked. Obviously, two huge helps to my team were shadow shade lore and best compat charms going off, with the lore just keeping my oracles healthy most of the match. I'd be curious how I'd do against the same team with maybe earth dragon. I just lucked out against a great team with my elemental absorb.

I had a feeling that Biron Monastery wasn't going to do too well...especially against a team like that. I want a team that is all one class just to have it...perhaps monk isn't the best base class to go with due to low MA. Maybe Geo, Chemist, or Priest would be better? Not sure. Anyway, gonna play around with that a bit more and see what I can do.

Woo! Great job silent master. That was fun to watch, particularly signs of aging. Oracles and samurai are my favourite units.

I think monks are a great SCC team. Their abilities are healthily varied, lots of HP, tons of damage, and with the right support ability, you can even make a half decent speed character. Instead of haste2, I would outfit that one with draw out. Yeah, you wont't get everybody hasted turn 1, but you can avoid useless haste casts and even give him useful status procs that would force him into the action.

Vigilanti

I understand your point CT5Holy about my thief. I'll think of something with him but I do have the right idea and that is too just steal and break stuff all the time. Maybe I'll try Sasuke Knife instead but for the most part I like what my team is capable of. GG again Zotis

reinoe

Quote from: silentkaster on January 07, 2014, 01:53:51 pm

If you want a single class just to try out go with either Squires, Bards or Archers.

Squires are a little harder to make a good single class team but have the most versatility.     Keep in mind they're a little slow though. 

Archers, are a little ahead of the curve but Gun Evade will neuter the whole team. 

Bards have built in high MA and have MP and HP restoration but are slow and don't have an impressive access to weapons.
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

Excellent matches, I especially liked Reks' W.A.S.P. team.
Your team is just too beast Vigilanti, gg.  I took note of my lack of status protection from our first match, but I didn't want to just stack my anti-status to counter your team.  I went for the overall balance, only silence protection was really significant against you.  But of course you just nailed me with other stuff.  I like your team, it's definitely a force to be reckoned with.

I made a new team which is designed to combo for KOs by using oil/fire and zombie/raise 2, and land 1 hit KOs with Death and Petrify.  All the while it should be a tanky team buffed with reraise, haste, protect, and shell.