• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy - All

Started by USAngel, March 25, 2016, 06:23:48 pm

USAngel

DISCLAIMER...
I am a long-time lurker. I love this community and the people in it. I have played a majority of the patches (though not all to completion, and some are not complete!) and have enjoyed the time I've spent with them.  I have never commented before now because my time has been scarce and I knew if I made an account I better have the time to do it right. Now I do! The reason I preface with that is because if I am posting in the wrong place or broke a rule I AM SORRY! Post virgin here.

IDEA...

So here's my idea... there is a short story I wish to tell using only some of Final Fantasy's greatest characters. Some of these characters are already available, but the characters I would like to use are: Ramza, Cloud, Lightning, Lulu, Vivi, Rikku, Squall, Yuffie, Valentine, and Tifa. Only six of these characters would be playable, but I would also love to include more cameos if time permits. It would involve small edits to jobs, abilities, classes, but most of the game would remain relatively the same. It would involve the stereotypical 'band together to save the world' kind of ending. I realize that every patch is a huge undertaking: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0. That is why I have tailored the suit to fit a smaller body. *Story.

CLOSING THOUGHTS...

Finally, if someone is already working on a project that is very similar to this, I don't want to steal their idea or show, which is part of the reason I'm floating my idea out there. I just love FFT and I think it's the perfect game to make a fan game from. The main purpose of this game will be a cool idea with fan service. I know it will take time, and I know not all of it will be fun. I know it will not be as simple as RPG Maker: MV, ACE, etc., but it will utilize the assets and game play of my favorite game of all time and that is why I have taken such a long time to consider the options. I have read the tutorials here: http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php at one time or another and will have to read them at least 15-30 more times if not more, but need some guidance on what's missing, which is how to event, text, etc. If I'm wrong and all of that is already there then I suck and I just don't remember it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and collaboration welcome. Thanks!

TL;DR Fan-service patch utilizing some of FF's greatest characters of all time in a non-unique, but satisfying story. I'm a noob.
A real human being? Don't make me laugh!! How valuable is a 'freedom' you didn't earn yourself? The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost!! You lost your freedom when you lost your pride and confidence!! 'Equality's' not something you're given. It's something you fight for! Any 'freedom' gotten from Lucavi isn't true freedom!

3lric

You suck and don't remember :P (Link to eventing tutorial that I wrote 4.5 years ago)
There is a much bigger and better Eventing tutorial in the works. Just waiting on Xif to release her new tools.

I'm glad to see someone taking the process and what it entails, seriously. Though I can tell you right now, if you want those sprites, you'll likely be making them yourself. However a Squall sprite already exists and I think there is also a mostly finished, if not completely finished Lightning sprite around here somewhere too.
  • Modding version: PSX

USAngel

QuoteYou suck and don't remember :P (Link to eventing tutorial that I wrote 4.5 years ago)
There is a much bigger and better Eventing tutorial in the works. Just waiting on Xif to release her new tools.

See, that is just a prime example of how awesome you guys are. Thank you for linking, that should get me started on the right track. You are right about the sprites, though I thought a lot of those sprites have already been made. I had no idea there was already a Squall sprite and was not aware someone was working on a sprite of Lightning so I'll have to troll around for those when I get to them. That's great. That just leaves Lulu and Rikku, since I was thinking I can probably use an unaltered Wizard sprite for Vivi. Otherwise I can add a little weight to the default sprite and that's Vivi anyway.

Thanks!
A real human being? Don't make me laugh!! How valuable is a 'freedom' you didn't earn yourself? The moment 'pride' is lost, 'freedom' is also lost!! You lost your freedom when you lost your pride and confidence!! 'Equality's' not something you're given. It's something you fight for! Any 'freedom' gotten from Lucavi isn't true freedom!

Drunkard

March 26, 2016, 02:39:13 am #3 Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:34:46 am by Drunkard
there are a few Lulus, one in particular is very good, I dont have a link to it but I'll try and find it for you. this is it, dont remember if there were any problems with it. found lightning and The other you wanted,  found some other FF characters too I'll throw on here, they are not my work. Just found them through countless hours on this site.

USAngel

Those are all awesome. Wow. I remembered seeing the Lightning one a while back but I had no idea someone had put together Lulu or Wakka. I think most of the others (if not all) are on the Sprites page which makes things so much easier.

These are rock solid though, and I'm not sure they're on that page so thank you!

Angel

The front page submissions are that - submissions*. Some don't get accepted due to quality control, and others... well, they weren't even submitted, so we can't rightly put them there. That would be the case with some of the above, among others.

* There's also the matter that it hasn't been updated in a bloody long time due to needing a reformat in some capacity that just hasn't happened for one reason or another.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?