• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:53:12 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Reliquian (Antiquirian) (Update on First Post)

Started by LastingDawn, November 18, 2008, 12:55:37 am

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 12:55:37 am Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:55:24 pm by LastingDawn
Reliquian, the Purveyor of Relics

The Reliquian is a very strange class, which takes the powers from assorted old items and unleashes the latent powers within. Ranging from broken pocket watches to the soul of the first mage, this class proves to be quite an interesting interpretation. Unlike Draw Out, each of the Relics will maintain their use the whole of the game long.

Quote"Keepers of sacred relics from a clan located in the ruined villages in Zeklaus Desert. In times past, they were mere merchants, traveling amongst their families to scrape together a living. In the long run, they had to resort to explorations to find a source of valuable goods to sell. Throughout their expeditions, they fell upon various relics of ages past. While holding onto these relics, they transpired to descry their powers and shared their prowesses with the rest of their trade. However, the Church felt threatened by these relics, and began hunting down Reliquians, one by one. Only those who had mastery over the Relics survived the holocaust, and they went into veiling. In turn, Reliquians restricted others from using the Relics in vile ways, by scattering the relics to the Ivalician ash, ne'er to see the light of day again."

As well the Reliquian is nearly a PA based class, the only exception being the Orb of Minwu, in which is MA based.
Reliquian Abilities

elic 1 (Bought from Stores) Weathered Sword - Compass OR Point --> Description: "A weak linear attack that splinters the most common of swords with Lightning to find either the path home or to victory." (Minor damage; Lightning Element [if the formula allows for it]; Linear Attack with furthest reaching range of all abilities in this Skill Set--basically a far weaker Lightning-based Kikuichimoji; Discriminating Damage)

Relic 2 - (Bought from Stores) - Guardian's Wish - Strict Order - Grants the Defending status to self and nearby allies

Relic 3 - (Poach) - Blissful Ignorance - Reality- causes the effected to have doubts about God's existence. (Innocent)

Relic 4 - (Mission Award) - Glass Axe - Shattered Suffrage - An axe with a penchant for Blood, will dive it's shattered remains into any nearby friend or foe.

Relic 5 - (Poach) - Star Chart -Southern Cross - Deals holy element damage in a cross shaped area of effect

Relic 6 - (Mission Award) - Rusty Claws -Rising Sun - self+ Berserk, Haste and Protect

Relic 7 - (Mission Award/Poach) - Broken Pocket Watch - Clockwork Night - An engimatic reaction occurs when this ebony watch is used in this fashion, as all of the area is consumed by peerless darkness and much screaming." (Moderate HP Damage; Standard Draw Out AOE; Dark-based; Attempts to add Blind; Discriminating.

Relic 8 - (Poach) - Feng Shui Charts - Elemental Breakdown - 1 AoE, casts
a devastating spell which infects the body with many configurations, can do a variety of status to survivals, granted they don't resist any Element.

Relic 9 - (Mission Award) - Advisor's Signet - Lightbulb - Adds +1 MA to one ally.

Relic 10 - (Secret Skill)(Unique) - Orb of Minu - Containing the Soul of the First Magician, Minu, it's power surpasses any Other tool of Magic, casting a spell long forgotten by humans and spirits alike. Uses the spell he sacrificed his life to unlock. Uses Ultima (2).
-----------------------------------------------------
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

philsov

November 18, 2008, 12:58:30 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
can it be as broad as "draw out/consume sword" or does it have to be item-specific like "draw out/consume blood sword?"
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 01:08:47 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It highly unfortunately has to be extremely specific.

Art of War

philsov

November 18, 2008, 01:21:46 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "LastingDawn"It highly unfortunately has to be extremely specific.

Which is probably better, really, lest there be too much bleed-in from Ninja.

q2!  Weapons only or can we do others?  Shields, armor, accessory, etc

q3!  Are the job pre-reqs changing?  Just trying to get a good stance on timing (like how you can't buy katanas until chap 2)

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 01:27:36 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, haha. the Job Wheel has done a complete 180, which... I still need to post, ahem! Their new prerequisites are...

4 Base
6 Knight
2 Archer
7 Monk

Art of War

boomkick

November 18, 2008, 01:31:34 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Red Knight- He knows the secret of weapons.

Shatter Sword- Causes the Katana (Asura) to break into many pieces, this slicing the enemies around him.

Dark Burst- Causes the Katana (Koutesku) to realease it's soul and inflict status upon the enemy. (Blind/Confuse) (Dark Elemental)

Vampire's Oath- Comsumes a Blood Sword to release evil spirits from the netherworld to suck the life out of his enemies and restore it to his own (Murasame).

Nether Blade- Consumes a Ragnorok to bring about energy from the netherworld to destroy his enemies (Ulmagust animation).

Shield of Angels- Consumes a Defender to bring protective blessing. (Reraise animation) (Protect/Shell/Reflect/Reraise)

Dragon's Call- Consumes a Chirijiraden to bring about Dragons from the Realm of Light. Deals amazing damage (holy).

Singer's Memoirs- Consumes Bloody Strings in order to give the listeners hope and new being. (Haste, Regen, Float)

Witch's Curse- Consumes a Nagrarock to inflict frog on ALL enemies on the field. (Loss animation)

Reality- Consumes a Papyrus Dictionary in order to cause the effected to have doubts about God's existence. (Innocent)

Nature's Blessing- Consumes a Healing Staff in order to FULLY heal a single unit.

Annihilation- Consumes a Chaos Blade to grant the wielder the ultimate spell, All-Ultima.

Ahh, what fun i had naming these.

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 01:39:25 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Very, very interesting ideas! Though the name Red Knight is rather... well, Red is odd, for such, but these seem like quite solid ideas! Nature's Blessing could get out of hand with Healing Staves not being that rare.

Also the Blood Sword is a One of a Kind weapon in Mercenaries only held by two characters, and never available to the player.

The Ragnarok is another very powerful weapon, but then again the normal DO has not one but Two rare weapons to be broken by you. So yes, I think Ragnarok and Chaos Blade make the cut on this list, hehe.

Odds are Nagrarock will be replaced, since it's... not that great, with this though, it could be... though we'd need a toss up between only two rare weapons, as DO normally does, at least. Can't have everything be only usable once, hehe.

Art of War

boomkick

November 18, 2008, 01:55:17 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
I was thinking of the name Seeker or Weapon Master, but im not sure.

We could replace Chirijiraden for a Ancient Sword/Dragon Rod, making it used more.

Replace Blood Sword with Murasame, since in the description it can suck blood.

Nature's Blessing only heals MA*8 of HP then.

Replacing Witch's Curse

Penance- Consumes a Holy Lance/Rune Blade causing Holy damage to all units in effect radius. (Holy Bracelet animation).

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 01:59:00 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "LastingDawn"It highly unfortunately has to be extremely specific.

Which is probably better, really, lest there be too much bleed-in from Ninja.

q2!  Weapons only or can we do others?  Shields, armor, accessory, etc

q3!  Are the job pre-reqs changing?  Just trying to get a good stance on timing (like how you can't buy katanas until chap 2)

I am horrible at answering questions apparently yes... it can be any item, from Weapon, to armor, to really pretty much anything! Seeker might be a good name for someone who uses a wide variety of weapons.

I really like Penance though, that's another very interesting idea, though... should we limit these items? As in, make sure you can't have more then an X amount? With the Thief (Read: Treasure Hunter) not actually in most of the game, coming by things is all relied on treasures and the like, since stores stop their supply ships, pretty early in Mercenaries.

Art of War

Lydyn

November 18, 2008, 02:00:39 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Yeah, all I can say is you need less powerful skills that rely on less rare weapons.

boomkick

November 18, 2008, 02:08:34 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
But by looking at the prerequisites, i think we really need powerful abilities.

Unless of course LD wants to nerf all of the skills (which i don't mind, i just love stimulating others' ideas and knowing i helped them out), then the class will be less useful in taking out enemies, but can dish out damage enough for the stronger classes to smack them in the face.

I wanted it to be strong because the player is not going to be the only one using these abilities, the enemy will to and can't be useless to them. They will have a infinite amount of items, which makes them even deadlier since they can use the higher abilities with no fear.

Lydyn

November 18, 2008, 02:17:44 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "boomkick"But by looking at the prerequisites, i think we really need powerful abilities.

Unless of course LD wants to nerf all of the skills (which i don't mind, i just love stimulating others' ideas and knowing i helped them out), then the class will be less useful in taking out enemies, but can dish out damage enough for the stronger classes to smack them in the face.

I wanted it to be strong because the player is not going to be the only one using these abilities, the enemy will to and can't be useless to them. They will have a infinite amount of items, which makes them even deadlier since they can use the higher abilities with no fear.

Mostly the thing with your abilities is that they too many rare weapons. I'm sure LD can balance the actual formulas later.

philsov

November 18, 2008, 02:28:41 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
I'm going to assume weapon only, if not I'll expand it some (and have a creative field day).

Let's see... with those reqs its possible at about the same point relative to classic fft.  So we'll need an item or two from about that time, save a few extra for full-time endgame use, and then one or two of really rare ones for super-special use, all while hopefully grabbing one from each weapon type (minus bags, if I'm reading the other thread right!).  

*opens up like 3 different documents*

16 weapon types?  Bleh, need room for R/S/M!  Good bye rods, carpet, flails, and xbow or longbow!  

Also no clue on if some of these are possible, much less potential effects for them.  

Scrying - Rune Blade - 3v3, MA*Y (high) damage, enemy-only.  (Beltha)
Ninja Vanish - Spell Edge - 3v3, ally-only add:transparancy (chap 4 start)
Prism - Rainbow staff - 3v3, enemy-only - MA * Y (moderate) - deals fire/ice/bolt damage to affected enemies. (Zirekile)
Shatter - Battle Axe - 3v3, allies and enemies, caster immune.  Shatter the axe, causing [(MA + PA) / 2] * Y (moderate) physical damage to everyone in the area. (Lenalia)
Divine Hand - Heaven's Cloud - Self-only.  Adds Haste, Faith, Berserk status. (mid chap 3)
Gust of Wind - Windslash Bow - 3v3, allies and enemies, caster immune.  MA * Y (low) damage. All hit units are knocked back a space and cancel charging.   (mid chap 3)
Battle Prowess - Battle Dictionary - 3v3, enemies only.  Affected enemies hit for 20% of their health.  User healed for amount dealt. (chap 2)
Discord - Bloody Strings - 3v3, enemies only.  Deals MA*Y (mid-high) damage, chance (25% each) to add poison, blind, death sentence, confusion. (mid 3)
Valhalla - Ragnorok - 3v3, allies only.  Inflicts Faith + MBarrier!
Skewer - Jav II - 3v3, enemies only.  PA * Y (HUGE).  Basically OHKO anything it touches.  

All I got for now!

Edit:  More than just weapons!?  Whoop!  I'll post more thoughts for other stuff later then.

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 02:45:45 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
These are all great ideas! Especially the Javelin one, the books are pretty clever, and using the Katana's as actually different skills is quite smart in and of itself, keep up the great ideas!

Art of War

philsov

November 18, 2008, 03:18:53 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Precognition - Aegis Shield - 3v3, ally only.  Add:Shell.
Stalwart - Diamond Shield - 3v3, ally only.  Add:Protect
LOTS OF GRUNTING - Twist Headband - 3v3, ally only.  PA +1
Lightbulb - Magic Gauntlet - 3v3, ally only.  MA +1
Capture - Thief Hat - 3v3, enemy only.  MA*Y (high), chance to add charm, sleep, don't move.
Secret Clothes - 3v3, ally only.  Sp +4
Blast - Wizard Robe - 4v4 enemy only.  MA*Y (med-low) damage.
Insight - Light Robe - 3v3, ally only.  Heals MA*Y MP.
Protection - Elf Mantle - 3v3, ally only.  Add:Defend, Regen
Blah! - Vampire Mantle - 3v3, enemies only.  Add:Blood Suck.

Probably needs more damage in there, but eh.

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 03:32:39 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "philsov"Blah! - Vampire Mantle - 3v3, enemies only.  Add:Blood Suck.

:lol:

Anyway, before I can suggest anything, may ask if Samurai/Seeker (I don't like that name...) are getting any equipment changes? I'm assuming they are if we're doing anything so drastic with Draw Out--how can we do this, actually? I thought Draw Out (and Throw and, grr..., Item had problems with trying to change things.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Skip Sandwich

November 18, 2008, 07:50:11 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Draw out can be assigned to consume any item, and unlike the Item or Throw commands, the effect is based on the skill formula, and is completely indipendant of the assigned item. The only real issue is that using any formula other then the default DO formulas results in a 100% break chance for that particular skill.

Anyway, here's my contibution to the skills discussion, focusing around breaking rods/wands, which is a function that is common to other FF games, though I draw in particular on the way that breaking rods works in FFVI, where they ignore target defense and deal max damage (i.e, it overides the RNG step of damage calculation). Unless otherwise noted, these all use the basic monster magic formula dmg(MA * Y) Hit(MA + X)%, so as to always break when used.

Fire Rod: Break the rod, releasing the energy within, dealing MA * 12 fire-elemental damage, ignores faith, unevadable, range 4, area 1, fire effect
Ice Rod: Break the rod, dealing MA * 12 ice-elemental damage, ignores faith, unevadable, range 4, area 1, ice effect
Thunder Rod: blah blah blah, MA * 12 thunder-elemental damage, ignores faith, unevadable, range 4, area 1, bolt effect
Shuriken--> Fire Scroll: use scroll, dealing MA * 18 fire-elemental damage, ignores faith, unevadable, range 4, area 1, fire 2 effect
Magic Shuriken--> Ice Scroll: blah blah, MA * 18 ice-elemental damage, blah blah blah, ice 2 effect
Yagyu Darkness--> Thunder Scroll: blah blah, thunder elemental damage, blah blah blah, botl 2 effect
Fire Ball--> Fire Orb: break the orb, dealing MA * 24 fire-elemental damage, ignores faith, unevadable, range 4, area 1, fire 3 effect
Water Ball--> Ice Orb: blah blah, MA * 24 Ice-elemental damage, ignores faith, unevadable, range 4, area 1, ice 3 effect
Thunder Ball--> Thunder Orb: blah blah, MA * 24 thunder-elemental damage, ignores faith, unevadable, range 4, area 1, bolt 3 effect
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

boomkick

November 18, 2008, 10:55:00 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
More ideas.

Crystal Wall- Consumes a Crystal Armor to cast Wall on all affected allies.
Thief's Gale- Consumes a Thief Hat to grant +1 Speed to all effected allies.
Wall of Fire- Consumes an Flame Shield to deal large fire damage to a single enemy

Edited more later.

Archael

November 18, 2008, 11:01:19 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
some good ideas here

I think it's good to have the skillset be kept AWAY from katanas so that the job is unique

dwib

November 18, 2008, 04:47:24 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
i like nearly all of philsov's ideas, especially for the armors. great balance between easily obtainable, weak skills and more powerful, rare skills. that's my vote