• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:11:35 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTA2 - Teddy Bear Error Messages

Started by Chronovore, May 26, 2019, 03:35:42 pm

Chronovore

As you test changes, have you ever gotten the Teddy Bear error message? It brings up a box above the character with a teddy bear and an exclamation point. So far, I've gotten them to come up in two different ways:

1. Try to break or steal something that isn't there. Normal game abilities use a check to see if the target is holding. If you bypass or fail to have this check, you'll end up seeing the Teddy Bear error message when the ability "successfully" targets the empty slot.

2. This one is a little strange and I haven't tested it. I gave an enemy Seer Magick Frenzy with Fira, Blizzara, and Thundara. In the test battle, my characters with Sticky Fingers dodged the spell portion using the Evade Magick animation, got hit by the physical attack, and then displayed the Teddy Bear error message for each character that dodged the spell.

I'll try to test out the second cause when I get a chance. In the meantime, has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know more about it?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kuro

I don't, but if you don't mind I suggest you to post a screenshot because... I want to see that o.o Would it be the Teddy Bear of Mewt Randell?

Chronovore

Here is the image as an attachment.

alitos

its funny because im playing this over again after a while now and as soon as i had this error i had to see if anyone knew what this means. so, are you emulating with any cheats? because when i payed this on drastic awhile back clean i never got thiss message. This time i used the 100% accuracy cheat for one battle to get a stubborn accessory and thats when i noticed it when i tried it on a monster just to do it. Doesnt seem to be much on it at all

Chronovore

I didn't get the message as a result of cheat codes. Consider my initial post. In the first case, I got the Teddy Bear Error Message by "successfully" breaking or stealing from an empty slot. This was a byproduct of trying to create new skills that would break or steal things. In the second case, I got it by having Sticky Fingers somehow trigger off Magick Frenzy, meaning that there was no thrown item to collect. That seems to be an inherent glitch that just doesn't come up often due to the rarity of both Magick Frenzy and Sticky Fingers in the normal game. (I haven't tested it.)

I'm guessing that you did something similar to Case 1 by forcing 100% accuracy with cheat codes.