• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:02:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kael; The Main Character

Started by SentinalBlade, February 12, 2009, 09:38:36 pm

SentinalBlade

February 12, 2009, 09:38:36 pm Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:17:23 pm by SentinalBlade
Kael is the protaganist, is a less profound character at the start then Sial. so for now i cannot give to much into his past that i havnt already.

He is a prodigy in a long line of Grand Masters, that age to the head of the academy's counsel.

His father died in a war.

His mother is alive, living in Roge.

Because of his ancestry he taps very well into ancient magics and informal practices. be they rituals, alchemy, or bindings.

His skillset should be wide and have a myriad of different styles. be it time related, dimensional, fire related....

All in all, i need him to have a few alchemic skills, one for each of the 6 main elements. i really dont know where to go for these things...they are traditional alchemy, you know, mixing potions and exploding gas and stuff... not the create and transmute things you hear about in fullmetal alchemist. Though transmute will be a learnable ability later in the characters life.

All in all, this is a freedom set. do whatever the heck you want. opposites, skills that have similarities, space magic...anything goes.

Just remember. he 'dabbles' in all magics, but specializes in nothing but alchemy.

The skils i have decided on so far;
Panacea - Revival skill
Solvent - cures status ailments
Magnum opus - casts reraise on self
Quiksilver- poisons those around him and has a chance to poison self
Galaxy Crash: Kael's most powerful scorcery, uses alchemical diagrams to chanel celestial power, ignores faith, dealing MA * 32 damage, accruacy of MA+60%, unevadable, range 4, area 2v3, ct 10, mp cost 64, uses galaxy stop effect
Firecracker: unique scorcery that ignores the effects of faith, it is diffcult to cast, but very powerful; a non-elemental copy of a tier 1 black magic spell with an accuracy of MA+60%, but unevadable, ct 4, mp cost 8
Stardust: as firecracker, but tier 2 black magic effectivness, ct 5, mp cost 16
Alchemic Helm: improve an ally's magic defense with an alchemical coating, adds Shell to self or a single adjacent ally, mp 10, instnat cast, hit at MA + 70%
Deconstruct - Remove 1 "armor" type status. this includes, Astra, Protect, Shell, Reflect.

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 09:41:10 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Skill.

Quiksilver- poisons those around him and has a chance to poison self or garner a small amount of money.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zalge

February 12, 2009, 09:49:07 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Flame Soul - Deals AoE fire damage and a small chance of oil

SentinalBlade

February 12, 2009, 09:57:21 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
You guys mind listing what the ability classifies as? Quicksilver is obviously alchemy, but flame soul is... necromancy? just...fire? :P

not that it isnt a good idea. But it might need soem rethinking, oil is being used as the 'Wither' status. which prevents benificial status effects from happening.

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 09:57:51 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
BRUURURURURURUuRTRBRUTBRTT Awesome main character alert.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SentinalBlade

February 12, 2009, 09:59:13 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
hahaha, i didnt think he was that cool :P i was actually thinking of messing with your sprite DP...Sial would most likely be dragoon's dark knight sprite recolered...im still having a rough time deciding though

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 10:05:58 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I shall post Alchemy related skills as I know much on this subject.

Panacea - Revival skill.

Transmutation - causes stone status

Solvent - cures status ailments.

Philosopher's Stone - Raise MA.

Paracelsus - Lowers faith of target.

Gnosticism - raises faith of target.

Magnum opus - casts reraise on self.

Along with my above post these are the skills I think would work for Alchemy.

Skip Sandwich

February 12, 2009, 10:08:11 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Spells

Firecracker: unique scorcery that ignores the effects of faith, it is diffcult to cast, but very powerful; a non-elemental copy of a tier 1 black magic spell with an accuracy of MA+60%, but unevadable, ct 4, mp cost 8

Stardust: as firecracker, but tier 2 black magic effectivness, ct 5, mp cost 16

Big Bang: as firecracker, but tier 3 black magic effectiveness, ct 7, mp cost 32

Galaxy Crash: Kael's most powerful scorcery, uses alchemical diagrams to chanel celestial power, ignores faith, dealing MA * 32 damage, accruacy of MA+60%, unevadable, range 4, area 2v3, ct 10, mp cost 64, uses galaxy stop effect

The above spells should probably be some of the most powerful spells you have access to throughout the game, however, they are balanced by the casting failure chance and high mp cost, both of which help reinforce the idea that while Kael does have powerful magic in his bloodline, he is not fully trained in the techniques needed to utilize it fully.

and some more alchemic spells

Alchemic Coat: improve an ally's defense with an alchemical coating, adds Protect to self or single adjacent ally, mp 10, instant cast, hit at MA + 70%

Alchemic Helm: improve an ally's magic defense with an alchemical coating, adds Shell to self or a single adjacent ally, mp 10, instnat cast, hit at MA + 70%
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 10:09:40 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Also if you find a use for my sprite go ahead.

SentinalBlade

February 12, 2009, 10:20:45 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
I like ALOT of those skills, most definatly i do.

there are a few things that i dont want to reitterate...Amplifiers already have the main brave/faith up/down, and transmute i hope to turn into the move that inflicts 'treasure' status.

I like the name Big Bang, but it is being used elsewhere...

I have alot of spells with protect somehow involved. Though Shell is not near enough used in comparison. I am using Alchemic Helm, but i will have to leave Alchemic Coat behind, due ot protects over use.

I added your old suggestion, though it mightve been boomkick's. Deconstruct is a must :3

DarthPaul

February 12, 2009, 10:23:26 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I thought about treasure status for Transmute but it seemed over much.

EDIT: the skill Solvent could also be "Universal Solvent".

Skip Sandwich

February 24, 2009, 05:57:36 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Midas Breath: Attempt to draw gold out of the surrounding elements with alchemical techniques, uses the steal gp formula, but targets self, accuracy SP + 70%

Dangerous Potion: Fully heals self or adjacent target, but has a 25% chance of inflicting Death or Stop. no ct, no mp cost.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com