• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

"Comments" of CoP download (Ch1 IS OUT!)

Started by Smitson, March 07, 2010, 07:37:40 pm

MiKeMiTchi

Sorry I haven't wrote anything today. I may resume writing after two days.

But here's what you get while playing COP:
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Xifanie

Provided ppf patch doesn't on PSX.
The Intro video had no sound and when trying to read the first event it wouldn't manage to load anything.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

MiKeMiTchi

^ Too bad.
How about on PSP as EBOOT?
Hmm.. I doubt it'll work, too..
but someone needs to try..

Xifanie

Well the patch works if I correct the sectors using CDMage.
I'm still wondering why my CoP patch isn't working like Asmo's... because I can't get past the battle against the 3 male telepaths.
Everything in pSX was identical with my PSX except that all sprite attack animations were awfully buggy.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

jimmyjw88

Wow....off with the head!! Haha. Nice.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Asmo X

Battle 7 is a big bag of not-fun in the chapter 1 release. There are 2 more of those Rydias and they DM the shit out of your whole party with ease. You just kind of hope and pray you get up to the door somehow.

Smitson

Quote from: "Asmo X"Battle 7 is a big bag of not-fun in the chapter 1 release. There are 2 more of those Rydias and they DM the shit out of your whole party with ease. You just kind of hope and pray you get up to the door somehow.

It's good! It's the only battle that really needs a strategy!

Xifanie

I've been saying the opposite but yes...
Patch Extend then CoP. I wasn't able to get past battle 6 because I just patched CoP.

Zenius

Starting right now
I have absolutely no clue about the new jobs and everything so... wish me luck xD

Bloodthirster0

Great job Kokojo,unfortunatelly I wont playing,I downloaded and stuff,but I really cant enjoy a game with bugs,it bugs me and I always rush into silly annoying bugs and yes I patched a Clean ISO(a .img actually,it may interfere something),I rushed into 8 different bugs from the intro scene to mid battle
Need something useful to write here

akwikone

Downloading now, I hope to see more in the future, Good luck Koko :)

Shade

I finished it, it was awsome.
Also I got romanda gun.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

MiKeMiTchi

Please help COP improve!
Tell us what you think about the game (this goes to all of us, pleaaaase be specific)! :)

Asmo X

-I don't think there should be crystals
-I don't think the AI should have access to zerk skills or other skills that can potentially cause control to be permanently taken away from the player.
-X bomb is useless. Hit % is too low
-Gates need a better portrait
-The portrait of the woman who looks like balmafula in a black dress doesn't look to be in quite the same style as the other portraits
-Messed up palettes on some of the move-find items (e.g after-party clothes or whatever they are called)
-Some of the new icons look a little dodgy (pocketwatch)
-Everything that doesn't have a new sprite needs one
-The oracle with its arms folded is glitchy

That's all i can think of for now

Shade

Quote from: "Asmo X"-The oracle with its arms folded is glitchy

Try the female one, it's alot worse.

Also cheap combo: synergy + command + half mp = too fast units againts bosses

last boss sucked, he would need something else then his gun, cause he did not do anything else(Maybe because he was DA the whole fight when I was stealing his gun).

pupeteer fight is stupid cause those puppets are stupid. They could kill me very fast if they would keep shooting on one guy.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Bloodthirster0

yeah,I managed to get rid of the bugs,playing on ePSXe,but I wanted to play it on my PS2,but it doesnt load at all
Need something useful to write here

Cheetah

So I tried just applying the ppf patch straight to a clean ISO, and that failed.

Then I tried extending the ISO with ShiShi and then applying the patch, and that worked a little better. But it still basically isn't working and there is something wrong.

How do I get CoP working?
Current Projects:

Cheetah

So the number one thing is that you need to update/create instructions for how to get this working because what you have told me doesn't work. Using shishi to expand the ISO was the only way I could get the events to run at all and now all I'm experience is some graphic glitches on a few units. Other than that the rest is in here.

Current Projects:

Kokojo

IT IS DONE!

Call of Power ; Chapter One
Lone Hero

Whoa, it's been quite a ride. One year on FFH and still nothing good out from me! Well I finally buckled down and...
there we go, CoP is out! I cannot express the amount of JOY in my heart right now! I feel like a bumblebee..or something!

It has been an awesome ride with all of you guys; if I were to try and thank everyone that helped, it would be almost impossible;
because the list would be too long, but I will make sidelines for : Eternal248, FFmaster, Mav, Lasting_Dawn, and Jimmy. They really helped to make this project (or at least put a heartbeat in it!)

So, are you waiting for the download button? Yeah. I guessed that too. Well before you delve into it, here are a few warnings;
- Telepath and Gospel sprites ARE NOT DONE YET. I will upload them as soon as I get them. I felt the pressure to upload this.
- CoP can, and will be, unfair, at times.
- CoP is still not fully tested. You might see some errors and things that make no sense, feel free to tell me about them.
- CoP may have some spelling and grammatical errors.
- The last boss battle is incredibly hard, at times.
- DON'T FEEL BAD TO SAVESTATE IN-BETWEEN BATTLES! The way CoP works, I can't put in many save points!
- I did not change the intro text typoes yet.

A few tips: (In spoilers, if you want no help, don't look.) ;
Gospel having Tactics + Synergy can be a BEAST. Equip robes on him too.

It is possible to do cheap combos in this game, especially using 2 classes. ;-)

Move-Find Items can be really helpful, look for them.

Everyone gets 25JP per action. Using spillover JP, you can master classes very quickly, or get some techniques for your guys.

So... Here is the glorious link ;
http://kokojo.ffhacktics.com/

And two more words...
- I want feedback on everything!
- There are 4 hidden objets. All of them can be found via Move-Find-item. The first to get each one of the items, gets a special prize (each of the 4) He must have a screenshot of the object being found. The prizes... are secret. Until of course, I tell them to everyone.
- There is one very very special hidden objet, too. It's useable and not made to be taken seriously. But you'll never find it! MUAHAHAHA!

Have fun! Thank you!
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.