• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:35:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

One big push left.

Started by Kokojo, February 04, 2010, 10:03:49 pm

Kokojo

So, yes, the first demo is nearly out. I still need;

Item descriptions for everything but accesories,
Gospel sprite(From Jimmy, he's doing it ^^)
And some more text edits.

Trying my best to finish the soonest...

Thanks a lot !
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

SilvasRuin

You had me until the reward.

mav

If all you need for the items are descriptions, I can probably help you out. Just gimme the list of 'em.

Keep it up dude, your dedication isn't going without appreciation.

Kokojo

I can change the reward, Silvas... :P Will you help ?

And thank you Mav. Il send you the complete list tomorrow night and you can choose what you want to edit.
Thank you a lot!

SilvasRuin

I was joking.  Hand me stuff to do and I'll be happy to help.  Preferably with some idea of what you are looking for though.  Me just randomly describing crap is bound to include something you don't like.

jimmyjw88

Good to hear. I have to work my ass off to finish Gospel in time or there'll be no time at all during Chinese New Year ><
I'll see what I can do and try my best.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

FFMaster

Ok, I'll get the videos out soon. Chinese New Year is going to be busy...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Kokojo

Basing yourselves on this topic, and using the actual CoP tactext (COP1.rar), it's mostly all the tools you need.
I think the conversation should be brought in that topic.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4332

SilvasRuin

Hey, uh... everyone changing everything is just going to get messy.  Shouldn't there be some organization of some sort so people know who is doing what?

Kokojo

Meanwhile, I changed the intro screen to include CoP backstory, not Alazlam's talk. Il soon change the images, and I added some chapter image, and did some major balance.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kokojo

Kagebunji

Overall it's great, but keyhole looks really strange :/

SilvasRuin

I had a major setback due to internet trouble.  Let me catch up on some college work and then I'll look into continuing what I said I'd help with.

Also, any sort of flavor you want the descriptions to have?  Disgaea style humor, practical, historical, anything in particular you are looking for?

Kokojo

That's okay, Silvas.

I would go for pratical/usefull- you can sometimes go for something funny (as CoP does sometime does FFT inside-jokes) and of course, historical if you feel like it.

Ex: Shinai : A sword used mostly by squires to learn the ways of battle. Has a firm grip but lacks cutting.
And oh damn it, Il upload what classes can equip what Tomorrow.

Kokojo

So far, what is left ;

1) Textwork ; Item description, some skills need to be have new definitions and renaming jobs. Item descriptions IS the most important for me, but I am awfull at it. We really need help there since mav is overflowed with work. I also always forget to post what can be weared by who... IRC peeps, remind me that.

2) Balance. Thanks to FFM's run of CoP, I have now seen most of the problems, and thanks to Ganesha, I can fix most of them. This includes abilities, difficulty, and preventing abuse. That is my job, and that's the thing I am mostly working on right now.

3) Spritework! I need to get the formation screen and portraits right, also change some sprites around. (Yes, CoP has not all the sprites it needs and will not upon releash). I also need to fix some Type1|Type2 issues. This is also my job, minus Jimmy and Mav doing the Gospel sprite.

4) Random things. I mostly did what I had to do ; this was changing ''Save algus'' to ''Save Arale'', changing ''Slums of Zarghidas'' to ''Slums of Meirel'', and a lot of other imagework (Chapter 1, background images, text fix, random event pokes) I seriously think I have nothing of this to do.

5) UNLEASHING THE BEAST! I plan to do it on the 1rst of march, due to quotes and text issues. So If anyone shall help, please give in before that, please!

jimmyjw88

For Gospel sprite, I'm so sorry, Kokojo. I'm so busy these few days, didn't even get any chance to work on it. I don't think I'm able to finish the sprite any sooner. I'll try to work fast.
Again, my humble apologies, Kokojo.

Kokojo

Don't worry Jimmy. I still have a lot to do and you don't dissapoint me.

Kagebunji

Yeah well, I'm really busy too lately, but I will try to find some time for all those sprites I need to do. and Jimmy, send me PM with your current progress on Gospel plz(attach BMP if possible)

SilvasRuin

QuoteI also always forget to post what can be weared by who... IRC peeps, remind me that.