• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:39:40 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Job] Magus

Started by Kokojo, December 05, 2009, 12:58:02 pm

Kokojo

Wow Mav, good job ! I really like the portrait - In fact I have nothing to say about it. He looks good ; he has a feeling of coolness and evil :P

Also, yes, keep suggesting names ; I like.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

mav

Hah, thanks, I'll see if I can't tweak the portrait some more--especially with the clothes.

I don't mind Magus, but I agree that you could use something a little less common. Try tossing two words together: like Fell Mage, or something.

Kagebunji

February 15, 2010, 08:09:54 am #22 Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:19:36 pm by Kagebunji
Sorry Mav, I kinda got carried away and I gave those two new versions a collar. I have two versions like I said earlier, choose as you like, I kinda tried to make it look less like priest.

And portrait is amazing Mav! If only you could add a collar, it would be awesome.

Edit: I forgot about Female one, I kinda couldn't implement that head we talked about Koko, Zozma had messed up with palette, so I had hard time doing it. So here si what I have done, her hands are red (outline), kinda goes well with their connection to magic :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Asmo X

Magus isn't "bland", it's direct. Trying to be quirky and original leads to shitty names like "Incarnate".

mav

Aye, that's true. While Magus is a slightly more common name, it fits and sounds more natural than anything else we've heard.

I dig the female sprite, Kage, good work. I like the top part of the male sprite, but the bottom half could use some work--both trims look fine, but I prefer the top one. I'll try to fix the skin tone and collar on the portrait sometime today.

Kagebunji

I'm fine with either version, but what should I fix in the bottom?

And thanks for portaits, Mav ;)

mav

I dunno, I just find that robe a little boring. It's up to you--I seem to be the only one griping about it...

Kagebunji

Well, Koko has choosen the bottom version, so I quess I will stick with it.

jimmyjw88

For the port, I only have one thing to say, the backhair looks a bit round till the ponytail. It looks almost like you just paste the ponytail. Perhaps less round? Hmm...don't know. Anyway, good job. The sprite looks good.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Alright, let's see if this is in the right direction:

Kagebunji

Whoa, amazing! Thanks Mav, it is done then,. Now about the demale one, hmmm...

As for sprite, I done all basic frames, but I won't post em, it is a pain to work on one computer and post stuff on other(yeah I have these two comps, one is for internet conncetion, the other is for my work). And offtop, Mav I have male moogle done with new colors, would post it now, but I won't because of the reasons I said earlier, but will post it tomorrow specialy for you ;)

Kagebunji

Kokojo

Updated front page with sprites.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Cheetah

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Small update

Is it just me or does he look a pixel too short on the rear side view?
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

It is just you ;) The size has remained the same as in M Priest, I didn't make any frame shorter/taller.

mav

Technically it is a pixel shorter than some of the other poses, but the developers may have done that on purpose: the forward side view is one pixel too long. Looks okay to me though, Kage: great job.